Silently Seduced - When Parents Make Children Their Partners - Understanding Covert Incestby Kenneth AdamsBook Description
From Dr. Kenneth Adams, this book helps the reader identify and heal from covert incest that affects their relationships, sexuality, intimacy, and adult lives. He explains the damage caused by invasive parents and the loss of childhood suffered when children serve as their parent's surrogate spouses. In this 20th anniversary edition, Dr. Adams also offers new information based on recent research on engulfment, toxic guilt, loyalty and narcissism. Although it does not explore BPD specifically, it is highly relevant to many types of dysfunctional families.
The book also includes a new Q&A section, covering topics such as:
About the Author
- How can this be incestuous when there is no physical sexual contact?
- Why is sexual addiction so common with covert incest survivors?
- Why is it so hard for covert incest survivors to commit to romantic relationships?
- If my partner is a covert incest survivor, how can I help?
- Can I pass covert incest on to my children?
Kenneth Adams is a licensed psychologist in suburban Detroit, Michigan. He maintains an active clinical practice and is a Certified Sex Addiction Therapist and an Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) practitioner. Dr. Adams is also a national lecturer, workshop leader, and consultant in the areas of childhood abuse, dysfunctional family systems, and sex addiction.
* Pub. Date: February 1991
* Publisher: Health Communications, Incorporated
* Format: Paperback, 192pp
* ISBN-13: 9780757315879
* ISBN: 0757315879