I'm starting a topic on this, as I haven't found any here. If one already exists, my apologies.
So I thought that he was BPD... but it turned out that he's likely to be Schizophrenic instead
I gathered from the Therapist that these are the symptoms that lead him to a SZ diagnosis:
- obsession/delirium of persecution and paranoia (might be voices too)
- no social life, not even one friend
- episodes of psychotic behaviour (answers that don't make any sense, for example answered about his mother when clearly the conversation was about US).
- total absence of feelings and empathy (robot attitude) for weeks on.
Things in common between BPD and SZ or STPD:
- mood swings
- ambivalent feelings
- episodes of depression with suicidal ideas
- a cahotic professional and love life
Some people say "ok, so what? It doesn't make a big difference."
IT DOES! The priority is to a TREATMENT to stop his obessions and paranoia, not to therapy for instance.