Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 06:26:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Poll
Question: As one who read this book, how do you rate it?
Excellent - 0 (0%)
Good - 0 (0%)
Fair - 0 (0%)
Poor - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ultimate Guide to Transforming Your Anger - Jane Middelton-Moz PhD  (Read 821 times)
BPDFamily
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: November 30, 2009, 07:55:00 PM »

The Ultimate Guide to Transforming Anger: Dynamic Tools for Healthy Relationships
Author: Jane Middelton-Moz PhD
Publisher: Health Communications, Inc. (February, 2005)
Paperback: 280 pages
ISBN-10: 0757302629
ISBN-13: 9780757302626

Book Description
"This book saved me from going insane with rage, led me to laughter with its perfectly pitched cartoons and even provided a solution for replacing helplessness with action. What a better place our world would be if we learned how to handle our rage, an all-too-frequent by-product of congested traffic, layoffs and custody battles. This book should be mandatory reading."–Amy Tan, International bestselling author The Joy Luck Club and The Bonesetter's Daughter

Turn your anger around and transform your life.

Does anger sometimes get the best of you?
Does it ever interfere with your relationships with your partner, your kids or coworkers?
Do you wish you had an anger toolkit?

We all experience anger, within us and around us: on the roads, at work, in our own families. Anger can feel uncomfortable but when you understand the nature of your anger and the anger of others you can use that powerful energy to improve communication and enhance all of your relationships.

By engaging your whole self — mind, body, spirit and humor — this practical, accessible guide offers a unique set of tools and strategies for getting to the heart of anger and discovering its positive power. Through a combination of expert advice, compelling stories, innovative Anger-obics sm exercises, Mad Pad journaling and clever cartoons you will learn:

• How to handle conflict in productive ways
  • How to recognize and disengage your triggers
  • Successful parenting techniques
  • How to use anger as motivation, and much more

Bestselling author Jane Middelton-Moz teams upwith Anger-obics originator Lisa Tener and award-winning cartoonist Peaco Todd to bring you guidance, techniques and more than a few laughs. You'll find The Ultimate Guide to Transforming Anger an exciting approach to creating meaningful change in your life.

People who cope with BPD family members are often left with a legacy of anger--underexpressed, overexpressed, or coming out at the wrong time. This book helps you to become more observant and intentional in your handling of anger, so it no longer controls you.

About the Author
Jane Middelton-Moz is a public speaker and author with twenty-five years of experience in consultation, training and community intervention.  She has a Master's degree in Clinical Psychology and has held numerous positions in non-profit corporations and community agencies.  She is recognized for her work in the areas of adult children of alcoholics, multi-generational grief and trauma in individuals, families and communities, ethnic and cultural awareness, anger, cultural self-hate, differential diagnosis, values in the workplace and in families, empowering employees and creating positive work place environments.
Ms. Middelton-Moz has served on the Board of NACOA (National Association of Children of Alcoholics) and the Advisory Board of NANACOA (National Association of Native American Children of Alcoholics). She is the Director of the Middelton-Moz Institute, a division of The Institute of Professional Practice, Inc., a multi-state not-for-profit human service organization.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Links and Information
CLINICAL INFORMATION
The Big Picture
5 Dimensions of Personality
BPD? How can I know?
Get Someone into Therapy
Treatment of BPD
Full Clinical Definition
Top 50 Questions