Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 12:27:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Undefended Love ~ Jett Psaris, PhD, Marlena S. Lyons, PhD  (Read 581 times)
heartandwhole
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: October 22, 2017, 04:27:03 AM »

Undefended Love
Author: Jett Psaris, PhD and Marlena S. Lyons, PhD
Publisher: New Harbinger Publications, Inc.; 1st edition (October 30, 2000)
Paperback: 176 pages
ISBN-10: 1572242086
ISBN-13: 978-1572242081

Book Description
This book precisely maps a unique journey that turns the problems and conflicts that inevitably arise in relationships into opportunities for deeper connection. Illuminating case studies, guided self-inquiries, and challenging exercises help you discover how to engage your partner in a deeper dialogue and find ways of expressing the most profound and untamed aspects of your nature.

*Note from OP: I don't think the above description does the book justice. I found the book to be a profound journey into my deepest Self, while acknowledging and understanding the "self" that I embody in the world. By feeling my way through the compensatory strategies that can shut out intimacy, I found a well of compassion and love that brings me not only closer to others, but also to my deeper being. It has been a transformative book for me. And repeated readings always bring more understanding and helpful reminders.

About the Authors
Jett Psaris, PhD., is an author and teacher who guides others to embrace the full spectrum of their humanity through her writings, workshops, and private practice. Undefended Love is a Nautilus AwardNominee for its "distinguished contribution to conscious living;" her online course, Taking the Midlife Leap, One Step at a Time, is a seriesof 14 eBooks that guide readers across the progressive developmentalthresholds that will lead them to a meaningful, authentic, andenergizing second half of their adult life. And, her newest book Hidden Blessings: Midlife Crisis as a Spiritual Awakening is arguably her mostimportant contribution yet to the path of expression of our mostvulnerable human selves as well as the realization of our more eternal,divine natures. Hidden Blessings is the WINNER of the 2017 IndependentPress Award in the category of Spiritual Self Help. Psaris's writings have been referred to as "sacred texts for modern times."

Marlena S. Lyons, Ph.D. is an author, therapist and workshop leader who guides you to use the challenges you face to reclaim your personal authority so you can live your life from a place of clarity, confidence and compassion. It is a risk to love and live from a place that is "undefended". When you are undefended you can at last experience the kind of intimacy and connection you long for in relationships.

When the pain of love increases your joy, roses and lilies fill the garden of your soul.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Links and Information
CLINICAL INFORMATION
The Big Picture
5 Dimensions of Personality
BPD? How can I know?
Get Someone into Therapy
Treatment of BPD
Full Clinical Definition
Top 50 Questions