Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 05:25:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: quick thought: types of false behavior  (Read 368 times)
raisins3142

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: January 26, 2015, 12:24:51 PM »

I've noticed that people (especially women, I haven't study men so much) that act fake to be more agreeable to people usually split one of two ways:

1. super fake nice in an innocent, almost child like way

or

2. super fake nice in a somewhat sexual, flirty, seductive way

Has anyone else noticed this pretty strong grouping?

My ex even had files and images on how to pose ones body for photos or to be seen by others to be maximally sexually appealing (ex. how to stick your chest out without appearing to stick your chest out).

Whenever we would go out in public, she would put on the sexy, sassy persona, and it would draw men in like flies.  Whenever she would walk away to go do something, she would routinely be intercepted by some guy that had been watching her (she was above average in looks but not a knock out, so pure physical attractiveness does not explain this, I've dated much more physically attractive women).  Also, I had people more than once approach me and ask if she and I would like to "swing" or partner swap.  Really gross.  

This was just ingrained in her, and probably why it was easy for her to collect male "friends" and exes.

When she would flirt with men, she at least told me she had no idea she was flirting.

It was very hurtful when she would be sullen towards me and then instantly perk up into "sex kitten" mode the moment we were in public.   
raisins3142

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 12:35:50 PM »

Also, she had visible tattoos and body piercings... .which I think is common for BPDs... .and I think these things make you more approachable, even by people without body art.
billypilgrim

Relationship status: Separated since 10/2014. Divorce will be finalized 10/2015.

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 12:59:22 PM »

Absolutely agree.  Mine had different faces for people.  She was an innocent little girl around her family.  She was a mature, kind woman around her work friends.  She was a flirty and fun 20 something around friends.  She was everything she thought I wanted when she was around me. 

And yes, tattoos are big with her.  She has 3.  One is a giant cross - she was a Christian before she met me.  Now she is far more spiritual (to mirror me of course as I am not religious).  Another is a mother/daughter tattoo.  I guess to remind her where her BPD comes from.  And the most recent is so unbelievably fitting to her.  It's a quote.  "To be, rather than to seem."  No words.  She's a walking, talking paradox.  Maybe some replacement down the road will be a Christian so that tattoo will be relevant once again some day.

raisins3142

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 01:38:32 PM »

"to be, rather than to seem"

Mine was obsessed with finding and being herself, which is atypical for someone in their 30s.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest