Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 02:20:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fake pregnancy?  (Read 894 times)
kennumber777

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: October 11, 2011, 08:54:14 PM »

Could BPD women go as far as faking pregnancy ?

I suspect that my xBPDw is faking pregnancy because she fears her boyfriend has had enough and is thinking about leaving her... .I just have a gut feeling about it.

Has anyone been in this situation before?
simon17

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 09:06:11 PM »

Could BPD women go as far as faking pregnancy ?

I suspect that my xBPDw is faking pregnancy because she fears her boyfriend has had enough and is thinking about leaving her... .I just have a gut feeling about it.

Has anyone been in this situation before?

I had it threatened against me in fights several times which was really disconcerting.  Actually it sucked because it put that nagging doubt in the back of one's mind, even during 'happy' intimate times.
truly amazed

Relationship status: In RS with Non ... Mother with BPD

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 09:25:49 PM »

Hi,

Yes ... .in a drunken rage she said she was pregnant.

Magically it dissapeared with her period a few days latter.

Know now she was a pathological liar ... .it was a tool.

Did check this after the RS. Tests are more likely to give a false negative than a false positive. She claimed to have done three different tests of which of course I saw none. However ... .false positives are of course possible.

Actual numbers ... .well under 1% for false negatives ... .

For a test saying you are pregnant and you are not the range is 1/1000 to 1/10,000 and actually doing three different tests as she claimed suspect its close to the latter.

Anything is of course possible ... .but knowing what BPD is vs back then in the midst of hell ... .I do think it was all a lie during a drunken rage episode to manipulate.

Easy way ... .go to the doctor together for a test and sort it out.

But the odds ... .minimum ... .1/1000 of a false positive via home test. It does happen but only for someone with serious kidney problems or on duretics and other similar things.

Take care 
kennumber777

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 10:20:32 PM »

Well, I'm not gonna go with her to the doctors' to take a test... .that would be her boyfriends' job now. I guess time will tell if this is for real... .I just can't see it being true.
kennumber777

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 11:17:03 AM »

She has said she thought she was pregnant in the past when I was with her and ended up false. She even said she may have had a miscarriage once.

It's hard to tell. I guess once again only time will tell.
turtle
Retired Staff

Relationship status: I am happily single -- live alone and love it.

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 11:20:59 AM »

Well... .unless there's a possibility that the baby could be yours, there's just no reason to concern yourself with it.  As you say... .it's her boyfriend's problem, not yours.

For the child's sake, I hope she is NOT pregnant with ANYONE'S child.  An addict AND BPD?  That's too much for any innocent child to take.

turtle

kennumber777

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 11:30:26 AM »

Turtle,

You're right. But even if it's her boyfriend's problem, I still feel very bad about it for the very same reasons you listed.

If it's for real of course... .
turtle
Retired Staff

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 11:32:05 AM »

Ken -

What would your life look like, if you knew NOTHING about what was going on with her?

turtle

kennumber777

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 11:35:04 AM »

One point for turtle... .
kennumber777

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 11:35:50 AM »

Yet, that's not my reality isn't it... .

turtle
Retired Staff

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 11:59:47 AM »

Yet, that's not my reality isn't it... .

It ISN'T your reality... .YET.  Still... .it's a good question to answer.  What would your life look like if you knew NOTHING about her?

Your answers might surprise you.

turtle

Clearmind
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 08:58:55 PM »

pregnancy entrapment is common - my ex entrapped me - he knew I was not on the pill but went about his business regardless - no thought about our method to be safe - took one time and BAM!

If a man entraps a women - its a test to see whether we chose the child over them

If a women entraps a man - its an attempt to stop him from leaving and/or lay the guilt on thick if he does - the BPD and SO are tied for life!

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 09:11:32 PM »

Fake pregnancy, fake suicide attempt, real husband/real boyfriend/real brother all to the rescue- threes a crowd! Perhaps perfect timing for a real divorce?  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

CVA

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 09:17:23 PM »

Yep... this happend to me for sure... .It was some scary stuff,, thee was no way she could have been,, with only 10 days us together, after a 9 mnths sepertion that she induced,,  some pretty messed up stuff...    If you know u have not been with her, then dnt worry about it. 

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 09:30:05 PM »

Excerpt
he knew I was not on the pill but went about his business regardless - no thought about our method to be safe - took one time and BAM!

pregnancy entrapment? Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post)  If you really do believe that there are men out there that want to entrap a woman into getting pregnant- then protect yourself and put a boundary in place concerning sex. No protection = no sex. It's your body. It's also your most important responsibility to yourself concerning STD's, HIV and HPV.  If you cannot get a man to wear a condom, then at least use birth control! When you take responsible actions, you'll have no one else to blame.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Clearmind
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2011, 09:33:24 PM »

I agree 2010 - my responsibility now - and it will never happen again. Its not unusual for live in couples to use the rythmn method however you just never know.

muddychicken

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2011, 09:56:57 PM »

Of course it is. They can also fake orgams, fake miscarriages and fake abortions when they were impregnated by their abusive b/f right before you came in to the rescue!
kennumber777

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2011, 10:33:41 PM »

If I find out she was faking all along... .I will be relieved AND mad as hell. Relieved in the sense:thank God... poor innocent child around BPD and drugs-

and mad as hell for making us worry ONCE AGAIN!
Beach_Babe
Also known as FriedaB

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Single

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2011, 05:36:26 AM »

They suuuure can Ken! My pwBPD faked not only pregnancies but also abortions, rape and EVEN AIDS! woohoo liar extrordinaire

turtle
Retired Staff

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2011, 09:25:44 AM »

and mad as hell for making us worry ONCE AGAIN!

Ken... .she is not making you worry.  YOU are making you worry.  She is no longer your concern.  YOU are CHOOSING to pick up the burden of her every single day.  She's not forcing that on you -- you are taking it on of your own free will.  You are not married to her and it is not your child (imaginary or not.)

I know it's hard to let go of these people, especially when it seems they will crash and burn without our "help."  Being her safe place to fall is not really helping her.  She knows you worry, she counts on it, and she knows that if things don't go her way, she can always fall on you. 

If you remove that net, she just MIGHT (and might not,) figure out that she needs to get her sht together.

You can't rescue her, nor should you.  Only SHE can save herself and she will only do that when she wants it more than anything else in the world (including you.)

turtle

Why Why Why

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2011, 10:22:33 AM »

One time my ex told me she was pregnant.  Hit me totally from left field.  After my 10 min reaction was over (I was hysterical to put it mildly), she tells me she was joking.  Complete test on her part.

Towards the end of the relationship, she claimed I got her pregnant but this time she was dead serious (even acted the part... .nausea, dizzyness, etc).  She demanded the morning after pill, so I got it for her.  Well, that pill can screw up a woman's cycle, which it did hers.  She blamed me for it for WEEKS.  Ironically, prior to this episode we never used condoms as she was always on the pill, but suddenly she wanted to start using them.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest