Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 03:47:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: exBP gf wanting gifted jewelry back  (Read 486 times)
WoundedOne

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: December 16, 2016, 05:04:33 AM »

Im going day 10 no contact  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

But at day 8 my exBP gf had my replacement text me saying the my ex couldn't get a hold of me and was asking for 2 rings she gave me as gifts back. The fact of the matter is my exBP gf is not blocked on my phone but I have deleted her out of it. So in all respects she could've sent a text or voicemail through. Not that I would of responded!

And the funny thing is I had a weird dream about my ex the night before this happened. Kinda of like a warning so to speak.

My question is why ask the replacement to text me asking about the rings ,which has nothing to do with with her ! Which totally pisses me off. And why does my exBP gf want the rings she gave me back(they were gifts from her), she still has my ring I gave her.  Is this just to hurt me more and to triangulate. I also feel it might be a way for her to keep a place in my head. I think she knows deep down I'm serious in keeping no contact with her . Which probably makes her very mad.

I did not respond to this text from the replacement. For all she knows I blocked her. The nerve of my exBP gf and her replacement. They have some serious "kahunas" to even contact me. Just when I start to feel a little normal, I swear it never fails because here she comes with stupid things trying to get me to engage again.

I also think my exBP gf is going out of her head because she is used to me caving and coming back. Not this time ! So do ExBP hate it when you go no contact?
Since Im still really early in the no contact , Im not totally strong. When I got home that night all my emotions came out and I had a crying episode and memories flashing through my head. When I had calmed down, I felt somewhat better.

Any thoughts ?
Pretty Woman

The Greatest Love is the Love You Give Yourself

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 12:29:48 PM »

It's all to get a response from you whether it be verbal or simply to eff with you emotionally.

You need to realize they have proxies, sometimes including the replacement. When I met my ex I thought her previous ex was a total a-hole. I would have called the police had this person approached me. My ex told me she raped her.

None of this happened and since my break up I've been slandered as a rapist myself.

It's a lot of lies and bs you don't need. It sounds like you are handling it well. Ignore it. If they reach out again just mail them back, no note, nothing just send it and be done.

A lot of us hold on to stuff for the memories. A ring is a ring. In my mind it's the meaning behind it. When my ex dumped me I was happy to give it back. Why do I want something that reminds me I dated a jerk?

But that is just me.

I would just show them you could care less. Easier said than done but don't let em hijack your happy, my friend.

May they both be blissfully (ha ha) happy together.

My best to you!

PW

WoundedOne

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 01:32:58 PM »

Thanks PW
She wants her rings back... .ummm we'll... .

Yet she has  the ring that I gave her, Im still paying on. As she insisted she wanted on this last recycle with me. And stupid me being seduced by her bought it for her. Anyway,... .so  she has mine ring I gave her and  I have her ring she gave me. . She shouldn't be even asking for hers back in the first place. IN my mind problem solved.But my ex BP gf take this to another level for her pleasure knowing I want her gone.

And on top of that She is a chronic alcoholic relapser as well. Talk about double whammy!

It is so strange to for her to get her new replacement involved in this. Will never for the life of me understand that purpose. Yeah it made me angry and sad first of all to know that she had this chick for at least 2 weeks of still being with me. It made me feel dirty and used and so many other negative emotions. And I'm sure she did this all thru out relationship after reading the motives and Method of Operation that these ex BP do.

You say to mail the rings  back but she also has my rings I gave her. And frankly I am not asking her for mine back  she can keep them. So in my mind even to mail hers back to her is sort of contact. And I'm trying my heart out not to engage  her with anything at all.

All the while I'm still having these like love feelings for her  after all this crap. I mean I also feel like I might be trauma bonded to her, but only in my mind. So yes as you say I seem to be doing pretty good with all this , but i feel a jumbled up mess inside. My mind does nothing but think to much.She is always in my thoughts. Ugh it shouldn't be this way. And Im just thinking of the next trick she will pull to engage after this little incident. Im on High Alert constantly.

Again thx for your input 
Pretty Woman

The Greatest Love is the Love You Give Yourself

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 03:03:08 PM »

I know how you feel. Mine left with our puppy. I work with her sister and her sister has tried to get me fired. It sucks big time. This person could have ruined me. I am just glad I have an awesome boss and real friends who have supported me through this.

I didn't realize you were still paying off her ring. My bad, keep em and just don't respond. I still think of mine daily and I hope eventually I won't. She left me for someone in a group I run (social) a person I knew liked her and had interest but I was sort of dumb to think they wanted to be my friend and wouldn't do this.

Anyways, it happened and my dog is their dog and life goes on. I feel for you, sister I really do. I will say this... .it gets better. It sucks to be betrayed but rest assured Karma is a beeotch and what you went through so will your replacement... .

WoundedOne

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 04:19:27 PM »

PW

Oh gosh you lost a puppy  Im so sorry! Will these people stoop any lower I swear. Sounds like you've come a long way in recovering from your ex BP. I know how much it hurt to have your ex and someone you thought was your friend betray you. BPD or not these people are the lowest of the low. The fact they prey on people like you and me is just sicking!
And then having to work at a job dealing with her sister(YUK).  Im glad to hear you do have people to count on in that situation to be there for you.

Well all I can say is another day almost gone and so it begins again tomorrow.

BTW get yourself a new even more adorable puppy girl you've earned it Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Much love 
Dutched

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 02:52:17 PM »

My question is why ask the replacement to text me asking about the rings ,which has nothing to do with with her ! Which totally pisses me off.

As she is in deep shame, not guilt, shame. Therefore doesn’t have the guts to ask.
See her as the 4yr old that took a biscuit, got caught and feels bad about it. Still hungry however and asking a ‘3rd party’ to get what she wants…

Excerpt
And why does my exBP gf want the rings she gave me back(they were gifts from her), she still has my ring I gave her.
What was hers remains hers… what was yours is hers too   

After a 30+ yrs, exw claimed ‘her’ savings. The first savings of 30yrs earlier that both of ‘invested’ in our household.  See any logic? My lawyer asked if we could expect more of that strange perceptions

You have seen only half of her… when the friendship is over, you see the other half…

Excerpt
I did not respond to this text from the replacement.
Good and chapeau for that. You don’t have to, it is none of his business, unless he comes up with a written authorisation to handle her legal affairs… most unlikely I think. And a gift is a gift, isn’t it?

Btw: can’t you make money with that ring in order to speed up payment for ‘her’ ring?

For years someone I loved once gave me boxes full of darkness.
It made me sad, it made me cry.
It took me long to understand that these were the most wonderful gifts.
It was all she had to give
WoundedOne

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 05:23:19 PM »

Hi Dutched  

Thx for your response!

My exBP gf's new replacement said that my ex has no way to get ahold of me to ask me for the rings back. And this is why I was contacted this way. Well that is complete and utter BS because I never blocked her from calling me or texting. I simply deleted her number out of my phone.

So I tried to take the ring to a high end jewelry dealer but the offer was too low and I don't want to settle and be taken advantage of that way. But I tried, what can I say. Guess I'll learn another big lesson from that mistake. And just eat the cost for now.

Also got one unknown caller(blocked on purpose) one day ago. This happened after that text about the ring sent from replacement. I figure it was my ex BP because I never responded to that text. And I think from what I read about BPD is that they  hate to be ignored. So hence the call. And nothing but silence now.
Im sure she's sitting there thinking what move she will make next. But I have resolved to not break my vow of no contact. I think that sends a very clear message and hopefully someday shell just forget about me. Fingers crossed !

Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest