Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 07:20:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Painful lesson  (Read 388 times)
lost007

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: February 01, 2013, 04:54:20 PM »

My stbex, currently separated, accused me of sleeping around. Said she had info from one of my employees.  I have been with or even talked with no one. I discussed with the employee. She assured me she has said nothing of the sort and knows better. She has never seen me carry myself in an inappropriate manner or flirt. My stbex had talked with my employees brother in law. She told me info came from him. Long story short. My stbex had been in a text relationship with my employees brother in law. At that time he was single. My stbex wife accused me of sleeping around. But she was the on the phone with this guy.  While we were still living together. And she's telling me how wonderful and hot I am.  Over simplified. I knew she was kind of like this. I have been working hard to detach. I did confront even though we are separated. She kind of admitted but said no sex had occurred. She has always kind of kept men around in case something happened with us.  I knew this might happen. At the same time I am crushed. Wanting to lash out. Wanting to call her names. She has been begging me back. Begging me for sex since I left over a month ago. Professing her love. Why did this happen? Of course when I say this is just wrong, she says it wouldn't matter if I told u I wanted only you. It was because you didn't give me attention. Just kind of cold and matter of fact.  I am crushed...
lost007

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 04:59:26 PM »

What's wrong with me that I just can't let this go. We are divorced in a month. I am in disbelief that this happened. She says I never loved her. Abused her. Yet she can do this with immunity. With little remorse or regret. When I tell her how wrong it is she turns it on me.  On What I have done to her. Been out over a month. Getting harder. Struggling mightily right now to reconcile this. She will want to be with me tonight. At one point I may have given in. This may be enough to prevent that. The fact that she could say sexual things to another man. While calling me a cheater. No one gets this. I can't talk to anyone. It's too crazy. I need to move on...
elemental
aka "zencat"

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 05:14:39 PM »

It's probably her way of finding out if you have anyone new.

She's manipulating you into giving her information that is none of her business and getting your attention and upset in the process. Just like usual.

So are you going to go on with business as usual or ignore her and leave her to mind her own business while you take care of yours? Smiling (click to insert in post)
Gaslit

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 05:44:48 PM »

And there's your answer:
Excerpt
Long story short. My stbex had been in a text relationship with my employees brother in law

Classic projection. Now you're the bad one, and not her. It makes for a much better story to tell her friends than what the truth really is. Even better, she is able to believe it herself.

lost007

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 07:39:58 PM »

I think she is convinced it'd true. I've done nothing. She actually does it and its like what's wrong with me. If I had text any woman even if it was about a piece of chicken I would pay. If it were sexual someone would have been physically injured. And that's the truth. What's wrong with her. It's nuts. And yes hard to let go. Should ignore and move on. If I were to speak with a female now she would sabotage it. Would create mayhem. I have left her alone. It was the attempted smear and subsequent info I got on her behavior that has me upset.
PrettyPlease

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 11:36:48 PM »

What's wrong with her. It's nuts. And yes hard to let go.

I hear you. And maybe you have isolated the non's three jobs?

Job 1: What's wrong?

You've decided she likely has BPD. And if this is true, you need to really accept this, and what this means. Which leads to Job 2... .  

Job 2: It's nuts.

It's good to know how the nuts usually happens. If you haven't already, maybe look at the DSM-5 criteria and read other summaries on this site, from the Lessons. And then maybe it will be easier to understand and accept that the BPD person will do things that are unpredictable, irrational, and which you don't understand. And they will do them mostly to the person who once was their closest ally. So you can plan that these things will happen again while you are in contact (since you have a divorce coming). And they're not personal. It's the disorder. Even in cases where it's obviously done to get back at you, to hurt you, it's still the disorder. And they didn't choose to have the disorder. It happened to them. They had no choice about it.

Job 3: "Hard to let go".

Yes, because we are programmed to be emotionally linked to people, to bond to them. But not impossible. The link gets weaker the less we trigger it. So we need to work out ways of cooling out, avoiding the enmeshment. It will be hard for you for a while because of the divorce. But still you need to minimize it.

There's a great post on this site, I've forgotten the poster. They say that when they get into a rough state relative to their BPD person (who they are staying with), they repeat 5 times to themselves: "I chose to stay with a person who has a serious mental disorder... .  "

Maybe something like this would be useful, as a way of letting your own emotions calm a bit... .  ?

And/or going to a therapist, if you're not already?

Sometimes the final piece in the puzzle is starting to look at our own stuff. It was for me. I spent waaaay too many years carrying around a puzzle with one piece missing.   

PP
lost007

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 09:01:15 AM »

I am seeing a therapist. It is helping. Your reply is helpful and insightful. I just want it to stop. I an reeling from the loss of this woman. Yes, she fits all the descriptions listed in so many articles and posts. It had to get really bad for me to ultimately leave. Of course I have had my own issues to deal with. Most linked to dealing with the whirlwind and manipulation of this high functioning BPD woman. I knew smear, intimidation were coming. Knew likely she had been in contact with other men. Yet I remained. Still emotionally trying to right myself. Some days better than others. Dealing with knowing after divorce it's truly over. Part of me just can't let go of her. Doesn't want to let go. But if I don't I have a bleak outlook for my future. She is in therapy. Has been diagnosed with abandonment issues. Not sure it has helped her as of yet and she says she may stop because of expense. Reading and this forum help. The reality of letting go has been more than I thought it would. Harder. Easier when she rages. Last night suggested I was gay- not even close. In the calm when she is rational I hurt for her. I miss her. I know I have to carry on with my decision to end the marriage. I know the pathology that is present. Just no good answer.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest