Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 02:59:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I walked out and said Good Bye tonight.  (Read 583 times)
Changed4safety

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Living together, three and a half years

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2013, 10:01:00 AM »

Hang in there, Clancy.  She is seeing her "source" heading away from her and is likely to pull out all the stops.   
Consumed

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2013, 01:12:25 AM »

I haven't heard from her since tuesday and then she sends me a text today saying She will leave a bag out of my stuff and I can pick it up tomorrow when she is away. I know I don't have anything there except superficial stuff. I have been in this house for a few days writing on here and reading. I have felt a little less anxious until that text, then my heart started to pound. I did not respond and was proud of myself. I really want this to be all over and there is no way I would have gotten my thoughts together enough to think straight without this site. I own my life to this site. I know this aight over, there will be more contact from her, but I'm trying not to respond or contact her, plus it's only been a week and I have taken her back after a whole summer off. I mean she will be tearing me up at some point, because "Iam tearing her sons heart out". Iam not really sure what she will do, but I know this isn't over. It's hard to believe what state I was in just a week ago. All of you have helped me so much and I know I'm gonna need more for probably for quite a while. I know I have to get a therapist, I feel timid, and not sure of myself at all anymore. I'm sure there's ptsd there and not a little amount. goodnight all. I am so glad I can write on here.
stoic83

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2013, 01:27:13 AM »

I haven't heard from her since tuesday and then she sends me a text today saying She will leave a bag out of my stuff and I can pick it up tomorrow when she is away. I know I don't have anything there except superficial stuff. I have been in this house for a few days writing on here and reading. I have felt a little less anxious until that text, then my heart started to pound. I did not respond and was proud of myself. I really want this to be all over and there is no way I would have gotten my thoughts together enough to think straight without this site. I own my life to this site. I know this aight over, there will be more contact from her, but I'm trying not to respond or contact her, plus it's only been a week and I have taken her back after a whole summer off. I mean she will be tearing me up at some point, because "Iam tearing her sons heart out". Iam not really sure what she will do, but I know this isn't over. It's hard to believe what state I was in just a week ago. All of you have helped me so much and I know I'm gonna need more for probably for quite a while. I know I have to get a therapist, I feel timid, and not sure of myself at all anymore. I'm sure there's ptsd there and not a little amount. goodnight all. I am so glad I can write on here.

Hey buddy.  I have been through these recycles a bunch and have no life anymore. That sucks she has a kid. I cant imagine how I would feel if my exwBPD had a son... .  that's tough. Try to limit your contact with her and then go NC forever... .  im in 30 days... .  i have read so many horror stories from people who keep in touch with their ex wBPD and it seems to drag them down at various times in their life. Sad to say but unless they get better I FEEL they are like parasites that feed on human emotion.

I feel that being afraid is a good thing here. It keeps me away from something that is toxic to my health... .  i feel like there are a lot of PDs where I live (orange county) but the weather is amazing... .  

Its kind of like a metaphor for a PD, this town... Beautiful and charming on the outside, but fake and shallow deep down.

Regards,

Stoic

LuckyEscapee

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2013, 01:28:40 AM »

Good night Clancy, we'll be all here when you awake.

Wishing you peaceful dreams Zzzz
Consumed

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2013, 04:31:31 PM »

Just got 2 messeges that I should have erased instead of looking at. Long ones blaming me and saying she doesn't respect a man that leaves a little boy and doesn't accept her for her. I never loved her because I don't return her calls and go hold her even when she's mad... .  and on and on. All I did was hold her and comfort her when she was mad and calling me all sorts of things. I have put my heart and soul and my life into that r/s. I know I should be erasing it and realize where it's coming from, but it just burns me that she blames for me not doing things that I did do around the clock. I was willing to accept her forever if she would just get help, which I would have (and have) gone through with her. Eventhough she is so illogical and mad, how can she look at the past 2 years and say these things. Today, I cleaned my house somemore and felt good that I didn't sit all day. I had thoughts all day, but they didn't consume me. Then I get these messeges. I have no problem admitting I'm wrong and letting go of messed up stuff to make sure she doesn't take it wrong or goes into some other rage. Then she writes that i think i'm perfect and don't do anything wrong and I say she's broken! by asking her to get help. I know these accusations are what they are, but they hurt so bad. Thanks for listening. I do feel terrible about her little boy who has been my "buddy" for 2 years. Everyone has told me I have to cut it off, even a couple single mothers I know. There is no good feeling with that.
DivDad

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2013, 10:47:04 AM »

You need to avoid all contact with her.

When you said she wrote and I read the letter.

Don't open letters from her.

Don't open emails from her

Don't read text messages from her.

Delete. Delete.Delete.

As everyone has said, she is using the son to get to you.

She has no real feelings to anyone.   

CUT THE CORD.

She will find someone else... .  to prey on.

She is probabaly out right now looking for someone new.

Borderlines have overlapping relationships.

They don't want to be alone... .  and when they see you are disengaging... .  they

will immediately start looking to overlap with someone else.

I've been there.

It's all sad but true.

Delete delete delete.  Her messages, herself and her son from your life.

Be strong.

Consumed

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2013, 11:22:47 AM »

Divdad. I blocked her number on my verizon account today so I won't get anything. That was a bigstep. I think that was the 1% i was holding back, thinking, well not sure what I was thinking. I was deleteing about 90% of texts , but would read one out of 20, just enough to get me anxious and my heart pounding. Thank you! This site and all of you are literally saving my life. I have a lot of healing to do and I am so glad I have all of you to bounce this stuff off of. I am feeling very anxious this morning. I have a feeling she may be at the house pounding on the door when she realizes I blocked her from my phone. I don't want to have police or anything like that involved, I really don't. It's just a real bummer she sees life that way. I feel all my efforts and love went for nothing. I am a little fearful that I will never trust a relationship again. I know that probably isn't true, and I try not to think about it, but I would like to connect with someone at that level someday. Thanks for listening.
GreenMango
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2013, 10:02:05 PM »

Clancy have you read the white paper on how to leave?

https://bpdfamily.com/bpdresources/nk_a110.htm

It might help to do this and work in the strategies mentioned if ages likely to show up. 

The cops are always an option but you may have to knuckle down and just tell her this is too much and you need to focus on your health.  Make it about you. 

Consumed

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2013, 11:34:28 PM »

Tonight I feel hollow. I know that blocking her from the phone is the right thing to do for me and it's the only way to start healing with a little peace. I feel I have let that little boy (5yr old) down so bad. We love eachother and now i'm gone. That seems so wrong! I explained to him this is not his fault and I always love him. I feel really damaged and scared. Just typing that seems like I'm talking about someone else. I was happy and confident. Now I am anxious, what seems all the time. I know I have to get a therapist, but a lot of therapists just scratch the surface with knowlege of BPD let alone a survivor of one. I know I'm thinking neg, I have to stop that. I just want to feel relaxed and treat myself well.  I'm feeling a lot of doom for the future right now. Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer tonight. I just had to write. Does anyone feel damaged and broke from there r/s, like some BPD's talk of? I had a lot of love and I hope I can gather it back up in the healing and freely give it out again. Thank you
waitaminute

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2013, 12:16:42 PM »

Tonight I feel hollow. I know that blocking her from the phone is the right thing to do for me and it's the only way to start healing with a little peace. I feel I have let that little boy (5yr old) down so bad. We love eachother and now i'm gone. That seems so wrong! I explained to him this is not his fault and I always love him. I feel really damaged and scared. Just typing that seems like I'm talking about someone else. I was happy and confident. Now I am anxious, what seems all the time. I know I have to get a therapist, but a lot of therapists just scratch the surface with knowlege of BPD let alone a survivor of one. I know I'm thinking neg, I have to stop that. I just want to feel relaxed and treat myself well.  I'm feeling a lot of doom for the future right now. Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer tonight. I just had to write. Does anyone feel damaged and broke from there r/s, like some BPD's talk of? I had a lot of love and I hope I can gather it back up in the healing and freely give it out again. Thank you

All natural feelings Clancy. It takes time. The grieving process takes time. Hold on to knowledge that others have gone through this and that it gets better. Even if the T doesn't understand BPD, he/she should understand the feeling of us rescuers and how we must change ourselves. And they should he able to help you through the grieving process. Go.
stoic83

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2013, 01:11:37 PM »

Hey clancy... .  you're like a month behind me buddy... .  

Just get through this man. Any way you can... .  don't feel ashamed for spending time alone and taking care of yourself. Don't worry about making any mistakes socially... .  for me it helps to get out there and if i act a little strange oh well. Normal people aren't usually as vicious as my exwBPD was about every little thing. I am oversensitive right now, and also blurt things out that are probably not socially acceptable... .  but oh well. If they are as open-minded, as we are, I am sure that they will be able to overlook strange behaviors... .  and if not that's okay too.

One of the reasons i got in to this was caring too much what other people think about me... .  it feels good to be validated, but the validation we got from our exwBPD when things were good is not realistic.

My Uncle, the child psychologist, tells me that sometimes we need to go through things to evolve. The "type of love" that we felt for our uBPDex is more of a puppy love or an idealized love... .  which in reality doesn't really exist. Just like santa claus, the tooth fairy, or anything else. While my ex idealized me, it made me idealize her... .  because during the good times she made me feel totally accepted... .  and the bad times were so frequent and confusing, that it made the good times stand out that much more... .  giving me cravings to get back to that place... .  even though neither I, nor my ex with a dysfunctional personality and limited left brain functioning could not consciously recreate.

The only way to recreate that experience is essentially to "play games"... .  indefinitely. I don't want to play games anymore in my romantic rs... .  it might have been fun to her, or a game, but to me it became russian roulette with my sanity.

I went from bf, to ex, to dear friend, to bf, to love of life, to friend, to ex, to dirtbag, to saint... .  all around we go.

I actually find myself acting out the bad things she said about me, or internalizing them. Like she said "my social skills suck" So i am trying to hard to be good socially. She said "youre an idiot." I am insecure with my intelligence right now. "She said your a baby" I feel needy and dependent. She said "your a crazy, psychotic, jerk"... .  this is how i have felt lately... .  she said "you think you are better than everyone else" well this is the only one that i have not internalized... .  I feel like i could idealize just about anybody who is kind to me right now... .  i feel "worse than everybody else"... .  why? I couldn't even get a mentally ill woman who i did so much for to love me, want to stay with me?

That is the problem with this thinking... it is exactly her mental illness that makes it so whe can not love me or want to stay with me... .  unfortunately, in her mind the more that i did for her... .  the weaker i was, if that makes sense. The less she loved me... .  the more she hated me.

I felt extremely loved when i feel she should have been more indifferent, and I felt extremely hated when I felt she should have been at her most loving and supportive. This is not typical human behavior and that is why you are feeling so shell shocked and confused... .  on top of your normal grief emotions of sadness, anger, depression... .  

I know you feel bad about the 5 year old boy... .  what helps me is to think about all the other little 5 yr old boys who dont have a good father figure in their life, or are with a neglectful single mother.

Maybe after this experience is done, you can become a big brother or something? I know that in the future i will be involved with charities to help the mentally ill... .  and so i am taking my feelings... .  depersonalizing the situation as much as possible, and taking my love and empathy... .  and decentralizing it on her (or her child in her case) and focusing on how this experience has led me to develop deeper feelings, and love... .  and that there are healthy places to put this and express myself... .  but not with my exwBPD, or my family, or girls that i might be unhealthily attracted to right now.

Take that love and sadness and realize that you will be able to help other people due to what you went though, are going through, this life changing experience.

But right now be selfish, dont criticize yourself, dont idealize her, dont devalue yourself, and dont feel guilty for being a loving and empathic human that doesn't know how to handle such other-worldly behaviors... .  

Even my dog got kind of spooked by her behaviors... .  he tried to sleep right on top of me to protect me... .  but he was very loving to her as well.

I picked up my dog at a rescue shelter, he had obviously been abused and neglected... .  now he is an empathic, gentle, loving creature... .  much more so than the dogs that i have been around for much of my life.

Well i can really look up to my dog in this situation... .  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post). He knows bad times, he knows pain, he knows abuse and confusing feedback from owners... .  and now that he knows what a more consistent - loving home is like he is probably much more grateful than he would be if he never went through such things.

Too bad, people wBPD aren't more like dogs... .  they are probably more like cats unfortunately, and you and I buddy... .  we are probably like dogs.

Dogs love their toys and bury them in the yard. Cats can love a toy for a while... .  but eventually get bored and never touch it again. Cat's bury their terds in a box so nobody can see them... .  dog's crap out in the open, that's humility sir. Our s*** does stink. Dog's are loyal and loving, cat's are fickle and narcissitic... .  they don't come to comfort you... .  they only come around when they want attention. Dog's are straightforward and love to play at any time, cat's are sneaky and slinky and only want to play when THEY WANT TO PLAY.

Cat's piss on your shoes when they are mad at you. Dog's feel like they did something wrong and hang their head in shame... .  Dog's are man's best friend. Cat's are just there to look at at take from you when they feel like it?

In any case... .  next woman i find is gonna be a total dog!  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

haha... .  well this is probably an odd theory, but hey its helped me... .  not suggesting that all people wBPD are like cats, but hey that's just my experience.

Here's to the dog in all of us.

love you guys, hang tough clancy!

Stoic
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest