Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 08:23:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What the psychic says  (Read 420 times)
DepressIsolatedMeg

« on: April 19, 2013, 11:43:45 PM »

There happened to be a psychic at this restaurant I went to. A bunch of teenage gals were doing it bc her rate is good, $5 for a palm reading, it seemed quite long, so my inner child came out - I ended up waiting in the line for 30 minutes to get my palms read.

What the psychic said when she talked about my relationship... .   she said "I don't know if you have met this person yet. But he will keep trying to pull you back, and that leads to SELF-DESTRUCTION. I want you to be brave and say NO to him."

It is crazily accurate. Two weeks after that, BPDEX begged me to get back with him, I said no. And a week later, I found out he is in a new relationship. It almost happened right after I rejected him - because I told him I want to be myself and grow on my own. My intuition tells me he's getting in a new relationship - posting pictures on the social medias to piss me off - tries to make me upset/jealous, because he knows me so well like the back of his palms - that is how he took advantage of me the entire time. And he was successful again, because I am sad, I have been crying at night. I am thankful that I have a job I LOVE and friends who are supportive.

Anyways... .   I am still suffering with anxiety. Drinking wine at night is the only thing that calms me down. I start to worry that I am turning into an alcoholic soon.
LetItBe

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Single

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 12:06:56 AM »

Wow, DIM!  She was right!  It sure is tough when they try to reel you back in, isn't it?  I can imagine how painful it would be to see him move on so soon, too.  Ugh.

I've been sad, too, and having anxiety, trouble sleeping, etc.  I've started drinking relaxing teas (like Sleepytime Extra), and that is helping soothe my nerves.

I, too, am mindful of how blessed I am to have a career that I love and wonderful friends.  I'm glad you have them, too.
Surnia
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: 8 y married, divorced since 2012-11-22

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 12:11:40 AM »

DIM

Seems like this psychic sees more than others.

I want encourage you to address the anxiety with something else than drinking. I might be wrong remembering, you have a T? Do you speak with him/her about your drinking?

“Don’t shrink. Don’t puff up. Stand on your sacred ground.”  Brené Brown
Hurt llama

Relationship status: single

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 12:12:48 AM »

I recently sold something on ebay and the buyer came to pick up the item. He came with his wife who was a psychic and had a place where she reads palms etc and invited me for a free reading... . I declined... .

She said, "Someone has hurt you very badly... . I feel it... . you are hurt."

I replied... .   "This is (My town) and everyone in it can say that"

Psychic: There is something out of balance in your sexual chakra.

Me: I really am doing quite well. But thank you.

Psychic: Your apartment has great energy. Great Feng Shui.

Me: Thank you. I do my best.

DepressIsolatedMeg

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 02:21:57 AM »

Wow, DIM!  She was right!  It sure is tough when they try to reel you back in, isn't it?  I can imagine how painful it would be to see him move on so soon, too.  Ugh.

I've been sad, too, and having anxiety, trouble sleeping, etc.  I've started drinking relaxing teas (like Sleepytime Extra), and that is helping soothe my nerves.

I, too, am mindful of how blessed I am to have a career that I love and wonderful friends.  I'm glad you have them, too.

Once again it only proves that he was using me as an object, once he's found a better one - i could be easily replaced and that is so not what 'love' is. I don't regret rejecting him when he begged me to get back with him. He just couldn't be alone. That very very selfish person who has already taken a lot away from me! I was more like a 'MAN' in the relationship.

I did try Zquil and dreamwater... .   they make me very drowsy the next day  What is the brand of the relaxing teas you are drinking? Do you mind inbox me the brand?
DepressIsolatedMeg

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 02:24:54 AM »

DIM

Seems like this psychic sees more than others.

I want encourage you to address the anxiety with something else than drinking. I might be wrong remembering, you have a T? Do you speak with him/her about your drinking?

It is getting worse. I could easily kill a bottle of wine a night - I don't get drunk or anything, but it helps me to go to sleep. I stop seeing the therapist because I don't think that helps anymore. Plus I didn't get much from my therapist... . she basically told me what I have already known. I guess I might need to find a better one if my drinking problem continues. I do feel the needs to drink to maintain my normalcy - that is not good.
DepressIsolatedMeg

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 02:29:43 AM »

I recently sold something on ebay and the buyer came to pick up the item. He came with his wife who was a psychic and had a place where she reads palms etc and invited me for a free reading... . I declined... .

She said, "Someone has hurt you very badly... . I feel it... . you are hurt."

I replied... .   "This is (My town) and everyone in it can say that"

Psychic: There is something out of balance in your sexual chakra.

Me: I really am doing quite well. But thank you.

Psychic: Your apartment has great energy. Great Feng Shui.

Me: Thank you. I do my best.

LOL Sounds like that was a not very good psychic you have met.

I was doubtful when I was doing my palm reading, it was my first time ever, and I don't really believe in that. But she does make some good points, like how she pointed out there was an illness occurred when I was very young and it took a lot away from me - it was true, I had pneumonia when I was two and I was nearly dead, etc. $5 worth a try - and plus her words helped me to keep my BPDex away from getting back in my life - when she used the word "Self-destruction"... .   my whole body was shaking!
paperlung

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 02:47:13 AM »

My ex-girlfriend called a psychic back in February and asked her (the psychic) a bunch of questions. One of them was is if she was gonna end up with me or this other guy she cheated on me with. The psychic said no, we were only to be people along her "path" leading to the "one". The psychic told her to look for fire signs; apparently some of the zodiac signs are fire ones? That her new love would be a fire sign. I don't know if this new guy she is with now is a fire sign or not. My ex also asked the psychic how long she thinks my ex will remain in her condo for. The psychic said not past April. My ex is apparently going to be living with her new boyfriend (it's an LDR) in May, over a thousand miles away, different country too.

A self-fulfilling prophecy? Maybe. Kind weird, though. She probably wants to believe this is her destiny now after having originally dismissed the phone call.
Surnia
Retired Staff

Relationship status: 8 y married, divorced since 2012-11-22

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 03:45:59 AM »

I I guess I might need to find a better one if my drinking problem continues. I do feel the needs to drink to maintain my normalcy - that is not good.

Yes, I can only underline this. You are not the only one with this kind of selfmedication. Its great you are realizing it at your own.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

What about reaching out for a T next week?

“Don’t shrink. Don’t puff up. Stand on your sacred ground.”  Brené Brown
SWLSR

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 02:23:14 PM »

Most folks who goto psychic go for oppisite sex issues.  Most of the time it is over bizzare issues and most of the ime these folks try to reel u in.  Maybe I should become a psychic
trampledfoot

Relationship status: Single

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 12:37:21 AM »

[quote author=DepressIsolatedMeg link=topic=199604.msg12242001#msg12242001 date=1366433025

Anyways... .   I am still suffering with anxiety. Drinking wine at night is the only thing that calms me down. I start to worry that I am turning into an alcoholic soon. [/quote]
Try daily exercise.  This can be anything really. This helps me i workout hard every single day either the gym or surfing and try and push that anxiety and sadness out through your workouts.  It makes me feel so much better.  If I miss a few days then i feel the pain starting to build again.
BPDizzy

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 11:50:37 AM »

Hi DIM !

Saying 'no' to him is definitely a point in your favor.  The next point is to say 'YES' to Yourself.  Unfortunately, the path between these two points is hardly a straight line, nor an easy distance.

I too suffered during my breakup, and yes i did some drinking (call it self-medicating, self abuse, whatever); what's weird is that i actually drank more during my dysfunctional relationship.  Don't beat yourself up.  Abstaining from drinking is at best behavior modification which works as long as your resolve is there.  Tackling and liberating those intolerable feelings head on is different matter though and one that may lead to healing sooner rather than later . . . and you may find you won't need the wine anymore . . . which is actually a depressant.

I don't think there's a hard and fast method for getting over the hurt, all i know is that everyone is different and it takes time.  What has worked for me is not drinking - it only postponed the healing process.  Facing the feelings and walking through pain, as hard as they were seemed to work.  Yes, curling up in a ball, crying at the hint of anything that reminded me of my ex, etc.  Talking to a therapist can help; and if not a T, then your family, friends, your journal, this forum, anything to unload the twisted knot of pain inside you.   Exercise, yes!  Sometimes I cried during exercise, even yoga.  I even saw a hypnotherapist (PTSD) . . . wow.  Let it out DIM. . . . and do give yourself a pat on the back for being aware.

In the end it's all about getting back to YOU and loving yourself. Smiling (click to insert in post)

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest