Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 20, 2024, 04:36:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why am I surprised?  (Read 933 times)
PM10

« on: April 25, 2013, 10:11:22 PM »

Like a lot of you here, I was having a heck of a time detaching from my ex.  I would tell him definitively that it was over, block him, go NC, and then he would make up a new email address and contact me, and I would get sucked back in.  The crazy thing too is that I would refuse to see him.  So I was just sucked back in to manipulative, abusive email conversations that would always escalate and end up with him threatening me, and me blocking him.

A little over a month ago I went to the police for advice.  He called me while I was there, and the officer answered and told him that if he ever contacted me again, that would be stalking and harassment, and he would be arrested.

Today he sent me a message from a fake Facebook account.  I don't know why I was surprised, but I was.  He didn't say much.  Just that he was glad I was doing better (which makes no sense- how does he know I'm doing better?), he asked me please not to have him arrested, that he now knows I don't want him in my life, and he is giving up (um, not so obviously, or he wouldn't have sent the message!)

So, I now feel like I have to go to the police, right?  I mean, I really, really don't want to, but what does it say to him if I don't?  Do you think I am safe to just ignore this? 

Thanks for any advice!
Clearmind
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 10:58:49 PM »

PM, was it recorded the first time you went to see the police?

He is acting immaturely - sending you a message to say he won't be sending you any more messages. Don't respond would be my suggestion.

laelle

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 04:16:22 AM »

I agree with Clearmind... .  He is definately pushing your boundary of his not contacting you by contacting you then asking not to have him arrested for contacting you.

Its a dare of sorts... . or really really bad impulse control.

That was a mouthful.  Smiling (click to insert in post)  I have no clue how to even punctuate that run on sentence.
PM10

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 08:49:12 AM »

It was reported with the police when he took the call. 

I will definitely not respond, but I fear that will not be enough.  He does have very poor impulse control, so he will most likely try again, if there is no consequence to this time.  He is baiting me.  He says "I know now that you no longer want me in your life, so I give up".  I am supposed to respond saying that I do want him in my life.

My hope is that ignoring him WILL be enough.  But I am doubtful.
laelle

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 09:29:53 AM »

Hang in there PM.  You are not responsible for his actions.  He has to take responsibility for them.   

hithere

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 09:46:45 AM »

Do not respond for sure!

I am guessing he is scared and he is probably thinking the police might be coming for him.  I would wait and see if he keeps contacting you are not.
PM10

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 09:34:09 PM »

Ugh.  Now I am feeling just sad and awful.  I was doing okay, better than I have in the past.  But it's only been a little more than a month.  I guess I should expect to feel this way when/if he contacts me.  It just sucks.

I am definitely not going to reply.  I am just can't stop crying though.

I'm not going to the police either.  I will though if he contacts me again.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest