Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 06:50:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: question about jealousy issues  (Read 363 times)
benny2

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: June 28, 2013, 02:36:59 PM »

Yesterday after spending the day with my BPDbf and going to his doctor appt. with him, I noticed everywhere we went he commented on men staring or looking at me. The gas station, the restaurant, even the doctor office. Although I find this a bit flattering, I also find it disturbing because I honestly do not think these men were looking or staring at me. One guy simply turned around and I believe looked beyond me, and he started laughing and shook his head. I'm just trying to figure out what this is stemming from in terms of the disorder. Could it be a control issue, or possibly his fear of losing me to someone else? He has made comments to me before, but not like this. This was just over the top. He did not accuse me of returning the so called looks, just of them looking at me. He also has been very demanding of my time. Wanting me over there every night, which is kind of out of the ordinary also.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

VeryFree
Formerly known as 'VeryScared' and 'ABitAnnoyed'

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 03:19:59 PM »

My stbx was extremely jealous. Made a big fuss about me talking to other women, even when I never was flirting or something like that.

Once I was going away to some friends and she didn't come along. Afterwards she would ask me: "And, have been talking to a lot of bhites all evening, haven't you?".

My answer didn't make her laugh: "No, we didn't have time to talk" Smiling (click to insert in post)
hanginon

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 07:58:33 AM »

I would have to respond that it is just part of the disorder. Mine has been worse at different times, I can't tell you what made her worse at one time than another.  My experience with my s/o is just basically insecure and needy. (= demanding on occasion)  At times I have had to talk her out of going over to confront some woman that she didn't like how she was looking at me... . to me it is just silly but evidently to her it is very real. I am not sure how/why but she seems to have gotten over the dramatic reactions. She will still mention something but not go over the top with it.

In my opinion as the relationship evolves with a s/o BPD they begin controlling your environment and doing their best to control you when they can't be there in person.  It really can be a mind game/brainwashing ordeal.  Mine has been terrible at times.  If you are not good at setting boundaries or a little too codependent you can get into a bad situation.

Good luck,

Hanginon
Grey Kitty

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 07:56:08 PM »

The best thing you can do is validate his feelings on this.

Don't talk about whether the guys were actually staring at you or not. You don't know what they were thinking.

Instead validate how he feels about it. His fear of losing you to somebody else might be the source.

Can you relate one of those conversations, and try to find some things you could validate in there? We've got a workshop on validation if you want to read that first.

Communication using validation. What it is; how to do it
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest