Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 20, 2024, 02:03:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does BPD run in families and do they associate better with BPD's?  (Read 384 times)
Trick1004

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: August 09, 2013, 11:56:32 PM »

I just got back from a family reunion with my grandparents, aunts, and cousins. A reunion I was at a year ago in the same place with my ex.

I had some good conversations with a couple of my older cousins about some similar horrible breakups they've had.

However, my grandparents wanted to set me aside to explain to me how I f'd up the r/s and how much they missed her.

She got along great with my grandparents, they thought she was honest as hell.

I had to get up and walk away anytime my ex came up.

The last thing my grandma said to me as she walking out the door was tell the ex "hi we miss her".

Reg

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 03:40:50 AM »

Trick,

Had the same experience with my mom on that matter.  She was the only person never painted black by my ex, and she would still accept her.  As she's 90 (with a clear mind) I'm not telling her a lot about it, but she knows she has unsolved issues about her past, to say it in a nice way.

However my ex is not allowed to set one foot in the retirement home.  But I don't think she will by now.

Does BPD run into families.  I think it does.  My ex mother in law, has abandonment issues, was sexually abused by her father at an early age, I see some symptoms, but if it is BPD it is rather mild.  There have been problems in her marriage, still are, she likes to move, now possibly to Spain,...   It is not up to me to decide on that matter but it could. 

My ex has BPD, no doubt about that, she has all of the 9 symptoms, but some of them are partially under control.  Such as fast driving, alcohol use,... .   Automutilation is in a very specific way, she hits walls furiously with her hand or fist, but almost only appears when drunk.  Shopping, buying cars is a problem in her case.

Problem is that her daughter, is also very needy to have people around her, to get a lot of attention, has abandonment issues, can't cope in a normal way for kids with personal losses such as the loss of her grandfather 6 years ago, her aunt 2 1/2 years ago, even her dog over a year and a half ago and a cat 9 months ago.  She is bullied at school as well.  She has a number of things coming up from her mother.  She even cried months later over the fact that she misses me.  As she may cry over the other things in her life I mentioned.  Her mother only had serious talks with her when I convinced her of the necessity in most of the times.

Concerning the problem with other BPD's and asscociation.  Yes they do at first, they are people without an actual identity mirroring each other.  But also NPD's as well.  I was told that her husband (she never got divorced in almost 5 years) has serious narcistic features.  I just thought he was a egoistic ass.  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post) But with what I know on his past, it could be more indeed.  So in that case he can't help it either.

BPD vs BPD is the hell.  It starts as a miracle (my ex turned lesbian, but well her sexual identity changes with the wind it seems) and they put each other on a pedestal beyond belief.  And then the other side of the BPD happens, and it turns into violence, accusing of BPD to one another, pushing, pulling, it is hell !  And still they also recycle !  They manipulate one another beyond belief.  I've been whitnessing it and it is traumatising them much more I think then anything else.

The BPD she cheated me with, started a relation with another probable BPD in the town my ex lived, and moved in with her to be close to my ex ! Imagine that ! In my village she actually was telling she moved in with my ex.  That same person just has been cheating her new GF just in front of her in e number of occasions, when drunk even pushed her GF from the stairs.  And my ex says, she's not all bad, and recycles her again.  It just shows how big the problem is in their behavior.  And how they even justify each others behavior.

My ex her friends are now for the largest part BPD's, it is a terrifying thing, and I'm glad I'm not around this anymore.

Reg
VeryFree
Formerly known as 'VeryScared' and 'ABitAnnoyed'

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 04:14:56 AM »

A lot of PD's arise during youth. That means that probably something is wrong with the FOO.

My stbx's mother definitely has a PD. She abused her child. Also according to my stbx.

My stbx's father was molested as a child, never paid any attention to his own child and the abuse the child received from it's mother, and he is a big liar. Probably a PD there also.

Trick1004

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 06:01:00 AM »

Thanks Reg and VeryScared for responding,

This family reunion I was at set me back a bit. It was harder than I expected, it was the at the same place and I had the ex sleeping in the same bed with me the year before.

I'm just having a hard time the grandparents blaming me the for how she walked out on me. Like I hadn't done enough. There comments about it all put me at blame.

It's tough when your own grandma leaves you with "if you see the ex tell her hi and we miss her".

Reg

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 07:42:13 AM »

Trick,

Just would like to add this, why not open up a little bit on the matter, the way I did with my mother.  You don't need to use the word borderline, but unsolved issues from the past as I did, refusing to seek help on the matter.

The last thing you need is guilt, don't let it get into your life ! You know you did more then you should do on the matter.  It's not you, not them, but the BPD.

Take care mate !

Reg
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest