Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 06:46:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what a friend  (Read 366 times)
necchi

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: December 06, 2013, 04:20:02 PM »

I texted a girlfriend of min, telling her I'm sick of crying every day, she replies; why don't you call the suicide hotline ? ... .ok thanks have a nice evening. "what do you want me to do, i don't comprehend what you're going through?"

this is only a friend someone who says she care about me. Do you see a red flag here like me ?
necchi

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 04:22:01 PM »

BTW she did tell me before that she never had felt greaves in a breakup !
santa

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 06:39:56 PM »

Mine told me that she never grieves after a breakup too. Turns out she was serious.
ThisIsMyNamelol

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 07:02:39 PM »

Doesn't sound like someone I would want to be friends with, personally.

What I will say is, after my r/s with my exBPD I really got a glimpse of who my true friends were, and who were just fairweather. At the same time, after the breakup I was incredibly needy and clingy and would constantly look to my friends for consoling, and validation. Which my ex used to do with me, so I know how exhausting it can be. It's not fair to expect them to constantly listen to our problems.

The only advice I can give is to really take a step back and figure out what it is you want out of a friendship. It's your "garden" and some weeds are gonna pop up every now and then.

As for the not grieving part, I find it hard to believe. If you have nothing to lose in s relationship, then what do you have to gain?
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 07:18:48 PM »

I texted a girlfriend of min, telling her I'm sick of crying every day, she replies; why don't you call the suicide hotline ? ... .ok thanks have a nice evening. "what do you want me to do, i don't comprehend what you're going through?"

this is only a friend someone who says she care about me. Do you see a red flag here like me ?

Someone recently told me that a friend is someone for whom you pull out your heart, show it to them and say, "here, what do you think?"

And they do the same for you. Not to have them grab it, suck out the blood, stomp it on the floor and toss it into the dumpster, saying, "have a nice day.

A friend is someone to whom you entrust the building of your character. Not have it ripped to shreds. And if they have no character themselves, then what is the point?

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
necchi

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 01:47:02 AM »

The " ok, thanks,have a nice day " was my reply. For sure that makes it look worst
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest