Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 05:45:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: waking up to reality  (Read 443 times)
Changingman

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Daughter 15, Son 14

« on: November 02, 2013, 06:39:27 AM »

I talk of The Matrix Moment when you first discover BPD. One of the directors has had a sex Change anyone. Else notice this

LivingLearning

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 11:25:55 PM »

Not sure I understand... .can you expound?
Changingman

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 06:35:11 AM »

Hi living learning,

Badly explained by me. When my last relationship ended with my 4 year BPD live in girlfriend, I knew something was desperately wrong with the whole affair. I had put it down to her being a bit emotionally volatile, easily hurt and her drinking. When I realised that there must be more to it I looked up alcoholism to see if it could explain it.

The matrix moment of waking up to a new reality.

When the article explained that BPD could be a factor I looked it up not expecting much. Boom, my whole relationship with her explained in 5 paragraphs. It felt like waking up and realizing I had been living in a constructed world with realty going on just below my understanding. But odd feelings of knowing *something* wasn't right.

The S&M deviance content in the Matrix

Sexuality, leather, S&M dress code.

Etc

When I heard that one of the writer/directors had a sex change, I thought of one of the traits of BPD symptoms, a lack of self which includes a fluid idea of sexual orientation.

Paranoia, false fronts, mirroring etc

Is the film informed from aBPD writer.

Just a thought!
Weird Fishes

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 05:24:53 PM »

Being trans is different from sexuality.  Trans has to do with the gender you identify as, not with who you are attracted to. 

To change your gender is a pretty big commitment and not something someone would do on a weekend for fun and impulse (particularly since your chances of being attacked, harassed or murdered go way up.)

fromheeltoheal

Relationship status: Broken up, I left her

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 06:43:27 PM »

Yes, to me there is a parallel between the Matrix and being in a relationship with a borderline, that being we are confined to an illusion such that we don't know the illusion isn't real and accept it as our reality, for a while anyway, until it becomes clear what is going on under the facade, the fantasy dies, yet we stay anyway.  That's more garden variety denial.

I think the similarities end there though, and can't really take the leap to claiming the movie makers have the disorder and created a big screen version of it.  The Matrix draws from Plato, Alive in Wonderland, Christianity, anime and other influences, touching on a lot of time-tested themes.
Traumatized

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 09:45:41 AM »

Being trans is different from sexuality.  Trans has to do with the gender you identify as, not with who you are attracted to. 

To change your gender is a pretty big commitment and not something someone would do on a weekend for fun and impulse (particularly since your chances of being attacked, harassed or murdered go way up.)

You are correct.  Thank you for your intelligent and informed response.

Changingman

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 04:39:17 PM »

Point taken, thank you. Transgender is serious and physical. Perhaps he knew lots about BPD because of his/her search for self and researched BPD as a possibility. Became interested in the ideas of BPD and applied the theory as a part of the film. Or maybe not. Thanks for answering.
LivingLearning

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 12:03:29 AM »

Interesting idea of the matrix. I can so relate. And it's such a mindfhit to realize on a deeper level just how much we construct our own realities. Gender being one of them. In its most rudimentary form what is a male or female and what does it matter? On another level, it seems humans do well when they call themselves one or they other. Is that learned? Is that intrinsic?

I know for me, my ex has gone from liking guys , to very Christian guys, to lesbians, to self described "mad" lesbians, back to men. And she has a lot of trans friends.

Maybe I don't understand, yet for me, I see her experiments in gender not a sign if health, but a running away from trauma. And yeah, I can't know that.

So yeah. I wouldn't be suprised if this has something to do with the "BPD de-realization" of the matrix.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest