Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 24, 2024, 01:33:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: exBPDbf repeating pattern with replacement  (Read 376 times)
MJistiredofBS

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: November 28, 2013, 09:30:01 AM »

So, I've been told that the ex has repeated the exact same thing again with the new woman.  He has bought another house, moved, and is busy with the new victim getting her help with decorating the house.  He did this with me, right after we got together.  He has moved every time he has switched girlfriends.  Is this common for BPD?  Its like he has to erase all the evidence of the past and start over new again.  However, he always repeats the same patterns with his women.  The first 3 months you have prince charming, showering you with attention, gifts, etc., with only fleeting glimpses of the toad that he really is.  The other women are always kept at bay during the first little while, then they start popping up left and right, of course, they are just friends.  I believed the friendship thing until I found all the naked pics.  Ugggghhhh, I know this man is sick, has treated me like dirt, played mind games constantly, isolated me, verbally, physically, and mentally abused me, yet here I am on a friggin message board hoping someone can relate to how I feel.  I left him, I can't stand him, but I can't just let go of what he did to me.  I feel sorry for the new woman, because she has no idea of the misery she is in for.  He will show off all of his toys and use his money to lure her, because actually without the money, he is not someone a beautiful woman would date.  He seeks women who are in vulnerable situations, and before they know what hits them, he has them dependent upon him financially.  He will require her to wait on him hand and foot, be his personal servant in every way.  When she starts to wake from the fog and state that she too has needs, he will be offended, will accuse, will tell her he has to talk to other women because she isn't giving him what he needs.  What a friggin nightmare!  Praise God I escaped, but the complete mind ___ still has me off kilter.  I want to stop him, I want to pay him back, I feel sorry for him, I want to warn the other woman, I have a bunch of mixed emotions.  I won't be like him and jump into another relationship to get over this one, although I have several men seeking my attention.  I am so angry!  I can't believe I allowed this to continue as long as i did!  I'm angry with myself, because I knew better, I saw through the lies, I knew he was a womanizing cheater, I knew he was a fake... .why did I stay for a whole year?  How many times did I leave?  How many lies did he tell to get me back?  How many panic attacks, fake DUIs, sobbing episodes, come aparts did I buy into?  Poor pitiful thang, grrrrrrrrr... .  Did I mention that I am angry?
Surnia
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: 8 y married, divorced since 2012-11-22

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 02:01:22 PM »

Hi MJistiredofBS

I hear your anger and I would be angry too! 

Its okay to put it here.

I would stay away from any actions toward the new gf.

I'm angry with myself, because I knew better, I saw through the lies, I knew he was a womanizing cheater, I knew he was a fake... .

I am very familiar with this. Not trusting the own feelings and perceptions. 

“Don’t shrink. Don’t puff up. Stand on your sacred ground.”  Brené Brown
Learning_curve74

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 02:30:06 PM »

Hi MJ, I totally relate! I think my exBPDgf must be like a female version of your exBPDbf. And like your exbf, she is stuck in the same dysfunctional patterns of behavior. It is quite sad.

It's perfectly understandable to feel angry, sad, and whatever other emotions you are feeling. In fact, one of the hardest things for me was that my emotions would be conflicting and turbulent. However, we can accept our feelings without having to act on them, isn't that correct?

What are you doing to cope with your anger? Do you talk with friends, write in a journal, go exercise, hit pillows with your fists, or something else? You don't have to do anything in particular, but sometimes it helps.

Hang in there, MJ. 

MJistiredofBS

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 03:00:19 PM »

I have friends that will listen and they actually knew him before I did and really don't like him at all.  I can vent with them, but I'm tired of talking about it and they r probably tired of hearing it.  I just want to erase him from my brain somehow. 
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 03:13:57 PM »

I have friends that will listen and they actually knew him before I did and really don't like him at all.  I can vent with them, but I'm tired of talking about it and they r probably tired of hearing it.  I just want to erase him from my brain somehow. 

I know that feeling. You feel like you are burning your friends and family out with something that they can't fully understand. That's why talking to people that have gone through similar things helps on this forum. I was a very angry person a few months ago when my wife left. That anger has subsided. People here helped.

Don't be hard on yourself.

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest