Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 24, 2024, 06:13:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can sense i'm going to bump into her... yuck  (Read 391 times)
DiamondSW

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: February 23, 2014, 09:56:21 AM »

It's nearly 4pm in the Uk and I'm about to head into central London to church and catch up with 1 or 2 friends before, during and afterwards... .

I just have a really creepy feeling/knot, yes 'knot' in my stomach that my BPDexgf is going to be there... .   she used to go to at least 1 of the 4 services on a Sunday, and even though I know she's fallen out of love with the church (devalued it!) I just have a feeling i'm going to bump into her... .

I saw her pastor on Tuesday and i've got a feeling he might have spoken to her about seeing me... .    

feel really sick now... . Idea

urgh, I've not felt like this in 5mths of NC.  Haven't seen her, spoken a word, emailed, zilch... . but I just know... .

Think i'll smile if i do, then escape through  different door.  Urgh, I hate BPD.  It's soo cruel.  I'm not cancelling though as I enjoy this and i want to see my friends x
Surnia
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: 8 y married, divorced since 2012-11-22

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 10:28:36 AM »

I know how this knot is feeling - can you take some deep breaths?

I'm not cancelling though as I enjoy this and i want to see my friends x

Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Keep going. Its a win win situation.   If you don't run into him you will be relieved. If you run into him, it will be a moment with lots of adrenalin and afterwards you will feel proud and strong.

“Don’t shrink. Don’t puff up. Stand on your sacred ground.”  Brené Brown
growing_wings

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 01:47:31 PM »

Hi diamond...

glad to see you kept the commitment and went, even if you thought your ex could be there.

I relate to what you write. I know i will bump into her at some point... .   and at times, i fear that she will reject, ignore, etc.etc... but at the end of the day, i have to concentrate on what i can control, and i cant control her behaviour towards me, i can control my behaviour. So i have rehearsed (a bit) mentally how i would react. And i think i will just be polite and say hi without pursuing a conversation, but i need to remain calm... .   ( i wish i will be able to do that when the time happens)... how she reacts to me? oh well if she ignores me, fine... next time i will ignore her

let us know if you bumped into her and if so, how did it go!

DiamondSW

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 03:00:29 PM »

I KNEW IT, I just KNEW it!

Got there 5 mins early, found a cosy seat, sang 4 songs and something felt not right, just a gut feeling.  One of my friends was late so instead of calling him inside the church (impossible) I went into the foyer... . and there she was! The BPDexgf whom I hadn't laid eyes on in 5 mths.

She walked towards me, laid eyes on me with 5 metres to go, kinda smiled, then I just decided to walk v swiftly away, turned my back, walked down the stairs, whoosh, gone, out the building. 

It felt REALLY WEIRD.  I could sense her all day, then this really was a 1 in 10,000 meeting as everyone else was in the church and singing, but when I laid eyes on her, rather than wanting to talk or feeling any good thoughts/missing her, I couldn't get away quick enough.

Weirdly, she wasn't as pretty as I remembered.  That's a strange thing to think about? 

So, she's there, in Central London, and I don't think anything's changed... . she's the same girl 5mths on.  And I don't like her. 

Might buy a lottery ticket now.  Seriously though, I just sensed it from lunchtime today really strongly. 
fromheeltoheal

Relationship status: Broken up, I left her

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 03:07:19 PM »

Good radar!  Like you say, today might be a good day for a lottery ticket.

So how did that experience help you?  You mention she wasn't as attractive, which makes sense really, since when we're lost in the fog we aren't seeing clearly.  What else?  You didn't talk to her and bailed; how does that feel now?  Do you feel more or less detached than you did yesterday?
DiamondSW

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 03:27:45 PM »

It just all feels weird.

Like there she was, the girl I would have paid thousands for to see in October and chat to, and yet today, at that moment, I didn't really even want to smile or acknowledge her. 

It's a strange feelig because her handbag was new, but everything else was the same.  Blowdried hair (same), red lipstick (same), doe eyes (same), but I didn't want to hug her, I didn't 'feel' anything. 

Wonder what it was like for her... .   she got a final 'goodbye' text from me in October which detailed my will and final letters and that was it... .   so the last time she saw me was before that -and tonight she just saw my back and how I wanted nothing to do with her. 

God, it just should NEVER have got to this point.  When well and ordered, she was such a sweet woman.  I miss her, but I miss the 'her' I knew on good days.  The person I saw tonight was just the body exterior. 

I don't know if it's made me detach more.  It didn't harm me.  It just reminded me of the waste of it all... . time, emotions, talents, and 2 very decent young people whose lives were a bloody mess and still arent great... .   urgh BPD
HostNoMore

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 08:02:20 PM »

Good job D. as being able go through that means that you're making good progress in your recovery. 

I used to run into my exBPD all the time due to our proximity of residences.  I remember my feelings of dread were there too, but I eventually just accepted it as part of my normal environment.  She eventually moved about an hour away from me(No complaints here!).  I can say it's liberating not having to live with the fear of running into her.  The experience would not cause me any emotional pain if I were to run into her, but I still would prefer avoidance of her even after 2.5 years.

The whole experience of having someone use literal fraud to ensnare me emotionally and then turn it around on me in an attempt to abuse and control me has left its mark on me.  I'm a much more whole and stronger person now.  When I could first stand next to mine resisting her blatant physical sexual moves on me during a re-engagement attempt while also being simultaneously disgusted was a major milestone in the recovery process for me.
growing_wings

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 03:54:00 AM »

Like there she was, the girl I would have paid thousands for to see in October and chat to, and yet today, at that moment, I didn't really even want to smile or acknowledge her. 

wow, that was a good sixth sense!... .

good to read! is that bringing you closure?

DiamondSW

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 07:35:40 AM »

I don't know... .

I woke up at 8am today but have just got out of bed and it's 1.30pm!

Feeling really sad now... . oh god

my best friend phoned me last night and this morning -think he's worried about me. 

I bloody hate this illness, it's just cruel and unnecessary.  If it had been any ex before this one i'd have given her a hug and wished her the best, not run. 
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest