Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 20, 2024, 06:19:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UPDATE: Is it the St. Johns Wort OR does it really get better? Hummmm..  (Read 416 times)
sirensong65

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: May 27, 2014, 08:41:18 AM »

Good Morning, Folks:

I just wanted to update you all on my current state to hopefully, encourage some of you that, yes, it does indeed get better.

THE FACTS:

exBPD broke it off with me in November of last year (made for a God awful holiday season).

We briefly recycled in February, just in time to V Day.  Only to crash and burn the week after.

I went NC then.

Started on St. Johns Wort and SAMe  two weeks ago.

Last Monday I reached out to him via email (Friday was his birthday, and I wanted to acknowledge.)  I got NO RESPONSE.

The last several days I have rolled out of bed and oddly enough he was NOT the first thing I thought of.  He has been for MONTHS.

I have a real date with someone I am truly attracted to on Friday and he is someone my good friend knows quite well. (Said I wouldn't date for a year so we shall see... . )

My point is, I don't know if it is the St. Johns Wort, the fact that I have filled my free time with activities with friends and my kids to fill my days, I have gotten in shape OR

just plain on passing of time, but I am heading out and away from this pain.

I DOES get better.  I know he has moved on and has a replacement.  I accept I was his host ad now he has found another therefore I am no longer a priority in his life.

I know he is emotionally sick and will never change.  And I am FINE WITH ALL OF THIS.

This has beena huge learning anf growth curve for me.  Sadly since the start of my journey, I have had two other girlfriends encounter the same thing.  But because of all I have learned here and through just breathing through it, I am helping them out of the darkness too.

For all of you still stuck, believe me when I say I know where you are.  But it DOES really get better.  I am living proof... .
christoff522

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 08:44:05 AM »

Good Morning, Folks:

I just wanted to update you all on my current state to hopefully, encourage some of you that, yes, it does indeed get better.

THE FACTS:

exBPD broke it off with me in November of last year (made for a God awful holiday season).

We briefly recycled in February, just in time to V Day.  Only to crash and burn the week after.

I went NC then.

Started on St. Johns Wort and SAMe  two weeks ago.

Last Monday I reached out to him via email (Friday was his birthday, and I wanted to acknowledge.)  I got NO RESPONSE.

The last several days I have rolled out of bed and oddly enough he was NOT the first thing I thought of.  He has been for MONTHS.

I have a real date with someone I am truly attracted to on Friday and he is someone my good friend knows quite well. (Said I wouldn't date for a year so we shall see... . )

My point is, I don't know if it is the St. Johns Wort, the fact that I have filled my free time with activities with friends and my kids to fill my days, I have gotten in shape OR

just plain on passing of time, but I am heading out and away from this pain.

I DOES get better.  I know he has moved on and has a replacement.  I accept I was his host ad now he has found another therefore I am no longer a priority in his life.

I know he is emotionally sick and will never change.  And I am FINE WITH ALL OF THIS.

This has beena huge learning anf growth curve for me.  Sadly since the start of my journey, I have had two other girlfriends encounter the same thing.  But because of all I have learned here and through just breathing through it, I am helping them out of the darkness too.

For all of you still stuck, believe me when I say I know where you are.  But it DOES really get better.  I am living proof... .

I would say its both. Yes it does get better. Once we are over the 'what the heck' of it all, we can just grieve it as a normal thing and get it over and done with and move on.

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 10:56:40 AM »

Yay, sirensong65!

Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
lifeafter18years

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 11:18:46 AM »

I am glad to hear because it does not feel like that right now but I am barely in my 4th week of losing my POS so called Husband that has never really been a father to his kids but I am starting to see all I am gaining/had from losing such as my Dignity, Sanity, Self Respect, Self Love, Strength, Courage and Hope.  Little by little. So thank you again for your words... . I really like hearing it will get better... . eventually.
corraline

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 09:17:16 PM »

Great to hear  sirensong65 !

I believe everything we do in the direction towards our healing is helpful.  I am also taking a few supplements and herbs to help me along.   I thinks its helping too.  Its focusing on ourselves and   practicing good self care.
cosmonaut

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 09:21:27 PM »

Hey, Siren, I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better.  That is wonderful news.  I know you have been through a long, dark night - as have we all.  So happy that dawn is breaking for you.   

Keep going and keep posting.  You can be a true inspiration to others here that are still in tremendous pain.   Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest