Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 01:19:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: borderline tells me "[she] is the love of her life."  (Read 1009 times)
Blimblam

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: June 01, 2014, 10:41:20 PM »

my ex borderline once told me that I was the lover of her life.  Now she tells me she is the love of her life.   I understand borderlines have a difficulty loving themselves.   When borderlines learn to love themselves do they just become more narcissistic?

corraline

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 11:49:11 PM »

that is an interesting question Blimblam

I would imagine that a borderline who truly has some recovery and learns to love themselves in a healthy way would not become narcissistic.

I was curious about my ex this way too.  He was a big advocate of self love.  sometimes it seemed narcissistic to me too.
Blimblam

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 01:20:24 AM »

it is curious because self love can be a type of narcissism.  It seems it really has the potential for a borderline or npd person to disasociate from the negative energy they cause others and justify their denials to themselves.

what was strange is before all this self love stuff she would make an effort to not hurt people.  After the self love stuff she had this I don't give a f*** attitude.  

she started to get into all this being positive type of stuff that seems to be popular here in the states and this gave her another tool to disassociate from the pain she causes people also. and when the person she hurts shows pain to paint them black and split.
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 08:03:23 PM »

it is curious because self love can be a type of narcissism.

It sounds like she was idealizing you, or you where in the "all good" side of the split when she stated this. A borderline has issues with trusting people around them and they don't trust themselves.

the negative energy they cause others and justify their denials to themselves.

The disassociation you are describing is projection, a defense mechanism. We sub-consciously do this ourselves, a negative trait, action or emotion and attribute it to someone else. Borderlines do this to the extreme. They don't realize that the problem is coming from them, they believe the problem is coming from the people around them.

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Blimblam

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 08:31:34 PM »

hi mutt,

yes, she did Idealize me but she went into a 12 step program and they teach self love there.  To not rely on others to feel whole.

Now that she "loves herself," she is more selfish than ever.  Maybe this is just more inline with accepting her borderline traits and feeling no guilt or shame about them.  I think she was actually struggling with that part of herself before wanting to be " a good person."

I think it is something akin to in that show dexter where the his brother tries to get him to let go of his "code."  I think she developed some sort of code of conduct and had innerconflict with hurting other people.  I think the self love idea and the clichés like " be true to yourself, "be positive and you will attract the right people into your life."  etc.  Just became a way for her to run away from her innerconflict.  Also she probably mirrored the narcissists she was around in how they use these types of thinking to justify their selfishness.

Mutt
Retired Staff

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 08:48:26 PM »

hi mutt,

yes, she did Idealize me but she went into a 12 step program and they teach self love there.  To not rely on others to feel whole.

Now that she "loves herself," she is more selfish than ever.  Maybe this is just more inline with accepting her borderline traits and feeling no guilt or shame about them.  I think she was actually struggling with that part of herself before wanting to be " a good person."

If she is borderline, I'm sorry Blimblam but a 12 step program is not going to help her. This is a serious disorder, this is a part of her personality. She needs DBT therapy which takes place weekly, for as long as years. She lacks a sense of self, emotional arrested development, she doesn't really know who she is, she looks for that in others.

Blimblam

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 08:56:14 PM »

yes mutt,

I agree and realize that.  I think she began hanging around narcissistic people that use positive thinking and new agey ideologies to justify bad behavior.  As soon as you react to the pain they cause you by them being selfish they blame the victim for being negative. perhaps her being a chameleon she just became more narcissistic.
Mutt
Retired Staff

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 09:10:04 PM »

yes mutt,

I agree and realize that.  I think she began hanging around narcissistic people that use positive thinking and new agey ideologies to justify bad behavior.  As soon as you react to the pain they cause you by them being selfish they blame the victim for being negative. perhaps her being a chameleon she just became more narcissistic.

Were talking about a 12 step program like AA? I'm helping people here, I don't think it's narcissistic or egocentric. It's prosocial behavior and selfless. If she is a chameleon as you say, she's the invisible type, a high functioning BPD. The immature behaviors are acted out behind closed doors and directed at the SO.  

Blimblam

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 09:28:58 PM »

hi mutt,

I agree, you are helping people here! thank you for that!  She, my ex udpd, took a heavy dose of lsd at a festival last summer.  When she returned home she was confronted by her dad and triggered.  She had a very bad trip but then she felt guilty for all the lying and stealing she had and felt a tremendous guilt and went to everyone to admit her lies and stealing and beg for forgiveness.  She revealed her true self to me which was a 3 year old. She bad tripped for about 7 days and I thought she needed treatment.  I was afraid she would permatrip.  SHe enetered a detox and they convinced her to go to rehab.  I felt like she was being brainwashed by a cult. She came back a different person
Mutt
Retired Staff

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 09:59:14 PM »

I'm truly sorry this happened to your loved one. It's scary and painful to have to witness her taking too much LSD and having a bad trip. Substance abuse is a DMS IV criteria for BPD. They act impulsively and as you say, emotionally immature. It's invisible, often they are treated for depression. My uBPDw is clinically depressed and was treated for depression for many years, it's often misdiagnosed and undetected. Your ex didn't get the help that she needed.

Johnny Alias

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2014, 10:03:27 PM »

It's interesting. I've have two experiences with borderlines. One was hardcore into Ayn Rand and used her theories on objectivism and self interest to rationalize tons of horrible actions on her part. The other proclaimed me as the love of her life right til the very end... . But had no answers as to why she was so fricking abusive to me half the time.

The thing to remember is they don't change. Their versions of love are objectified... . They might have loved me but it was as a possession like a new car rather than a person with feelings.  When the object wears out through abuse much as a car would if you don't take care of it they throw it away and get a new one.

That's my theory anyway. They might take the old ride for a spin now and again when the new one breaks down (ie recycling) but you'll never truly be the new car to them again.

And eff all that.
Blimblam

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2014, 02:58:56 AM »

The thing to remember is they don't change. Their versions of love are objectified... . They might have loved me but it was as a possession like a new car rather than a person with feelings.  When the object wears out through abuse much as a car would if you don't take care of it they throw it away and get a new one.

That's my theory anyway. They might take the old ride for a spin now and again when the new one breaks down (ie recycling) but you'll never truly be the new car to them again.

And eff all that.

Laugh out loud (click to insert in post) yes, this! you get one chance.  Unless your a an fing douchebad narcissist or psychopath in which case you get fresh new chances at being the new car. Because they never felt anything like real caring or love from you anyways. Only abuse and of course they can forgive abuse from someone who don't give a fug!
Alex86

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2014, 06:30:31 AM »

hey might have loved me but it was as a possession like a new car rather than a person with feelings.  When the object wears out through abuse much as a car would if you don't take care of it they throw it away and get a new one.

This is the same example I gave to my ex.

So she has a Jaguar (i.e., you)... . she is let's say 80% satisfied with you.

But after a while she gets bored. She may listen to another friend or her instinct

telling her that you miss something. For example, the handbrake is not made from metal.

And that's it. For this reason, she is capable to change the Jaguar for another car without knowing

if it will satisfy her in the end.
notmeyou

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2014, 07:48:07 AM »

Many of them also try to demolish the old car.  They want to know it's crushed because they didn't like how it responded accurately to their movements and don't want to be reminded that they are terrible drivers.  Then they make a few phone calls and have it hauled out of the junkyard but then parked on the side of the road somewhere only semi-accessible where no one will know if it's abandoned or not ... . then they clean it up a little while the new one is in the shop so that when the new one is up to their standards again, they can have sex with it in your backseat and watch fluid come out of you.

They know cars have feelings but it's just an object and they are human beings with feelings.  You steered them wrong and now look where you are.  Look what's happening in your back seat.  Why did you choose that?  Silly car.  Answer when I call unless I don't want to talk to you.  Why did you answer?HONK
Blimblam

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2014, 02:21:43 PM »

Many of them also try to demolish the old car.  They want to know it's crushed because they didn't like how it responded accurately to their movements and don't want to be reminded that they are terrible drivers.  Then they make a few phone calls and have it hauled out of the junkyard but then parked on the side of the road somewhere only semi-accessible where no one will know if it's abandoned or not ... . then they clean it up a little while the new one is in the shop so that when the new one is up to their standards again, they can have sex with it in your backseat and watch fluid come out of you.

They know cars have feelings but it's just an object and they are human beings with feelings.  You steered them wrong and now look where you are.  Look what's happening in your back seat.  Why did you choose that?  Silly car.  Answer when I call unless I don't want to talk to you.  Why did you answer?HONK

\This is so true.
Blimblam

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2014, 04:37:20 PM »

I keep thinking of the song lyrics from that 80s song that goes "some of them want to use you, some of them want to be abused."

This applies to both the borderline and the codependent.

I must be a codependent or why would I end up getting played?  Why does she like players?  She was wary of players because they hurt her.  Yet she wants to remain friends with players.

I guess as a codependent we have our own fantasy of the white night or the rescuer.  That love prevails.  I felt like this girl might be my soulmate.  BUt I heard this quote from Eat Play Love I think that's the title anyway.  I don't remember the quote but to sumerize.  Your soulmate is the one who points out all your faults and exposes you and breaks your ego. They are not meant to stay in your life forever. They are the ones who will make you grow into a healthy whole person.

I am not a player. I think players tend to be narcissists somehow detached from being able to care and love deeply. I no longer want to play "the game" because as the codependent I will always lose.  I will get played.

I need to work on myself and find a nice wholesome girl. But first I need to heal which I expect to take at least a year.

Lets face it we are "chumps" in their world. If we were not chumps we would nat have ignored the red flags and fell in love.  They are stuck in that world for life.  We have the ability to learn self reflect and leave that world.

christoff522

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2014, 04:53:33 PM »

my ex borderline once told me that I was the lover of her life.  Now she tells me she is the love of her life.   I understand borderlines have a difficulty loving themselves.   When borderlines learn to love themselves do they just become more narcissistic?

Nah you're completely misinterpreting what she's saying. She's saying "I hate myself and want to upset and confuse you because you're making me feel worse".

A borderline requires 10 years of therapy before they would learn to love themselves.

Borderlines are impulsive creatures, she probably doesn't even remember saying it now. Also sometimes they say things just to make themselves feel better cos they're in a slump. Without help nothing will change. Don't worry.

Also, every sufferer here has heard the 'love of my life' line.
Blimblam

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2014, 05:01:38 PM »

Nah you're completely misinterpreting what she's saying. She's saying "I hate myself and want to upset and confuse you because you're making me feel worse".

A borderline requires 10 years of therapy before they would learn to love themselves.

Borderlines are impulsive creatures, she probably doesn't even remember saying it now. Also sometimes they say things just to make themselves feel better cos they're in a slump. Without help nothing will change. Don't worry.

Also, every sufferer here has heard the 'love of my life' line.

THank you and yes she doesn't even remember saying it! This makes a lot of sense.  so 10 years of therapy and then what happens?
christoff522

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2014, 05:15:07 PM »

I keep thinking of the song lyrics from that 80s song that goes "some of them want to use you, some of them want to be abused."

Yes, for a borderline both of those count, borderlines usually end up in abusive relationships with narcissists. Its hard to imagine just how tumultuous the head of a pwBPD is. Codependents are fixers, and its a scale as to how codependent one is. Borderlines will go with anyone, anyone who'll have them. So its premature to assume you are labelled codependent.

Excerpt
I must be a codependent or why would I end up getting played?  Why does she like players?  She was wary of players because they hurt her.  Yet she wants to remain friends with players.

Imagine living in a fairytale, where you're a princess and you keep finding these princes, and none of them can save you, you keep hoping and trying to find one who will. But none of them are capable, none of them understand. Players are more likely to share some understanding of their situation than we are. Crazy I know, but players take drugs, players drink, players will talk, players share their psychology. On some level the two gel more than codependents. Also codependents are more likely to be quite needy and emotionally dishonest towards them. We are more likely to want to rekindle the relationship, and thats why we hang round. Its hard for an emotionally disturbed girl to open up to someone in any kind of platonically intimate way when she knows deep inside you're pining for her.

Excerpt
I guess as a codependent we have our own fantasy of the white night or the rescuer.  That love prevails.  I felt like this girl might be my soulmate.  BUt I heard this quote from Eat Play Love I think that's the title anyway.  I don't remember the quote but to sumerize.  Your soulmate is the one who points out all your faults and exposes you and breaks your ego. They are not meant to stay in your life forever. They are the ones who will make you grow into a healthy whole person.

Honestly what you're saying is nothing new. I have to agree that my relationship showed me a lot about myself. How I was far too uptight, how lonely I really was, and just how much I needed to lift up my head more.

Excerpt
I am not a player. I think players tend to be narcissists somehow detached from being able to care and love deeply. I no longer want to play "the game" because as the codependent I will always lose.  I will get played.

Well said, yes many players are, hence the sharing of traits, making it easier for the two to bond. Usually it'll result in a relationship of violence and abuse. Also it confirms to the BPD what they think about themselves, resulting in a weird kind of stability (although it will result in explosive outbursts and breakups, usually cyclically as both sides struggle with their rage and anger - in the case of my former love and her bf its every two months).

Excerpt
I need to work on myself and find a nice wholesome girl. But first I need to heal which I expect to take at least a year.

Notice the use of the word 'need'. You want to find a nice wholesome girl. Our problem is that we have that need. You definitely need to heal. One thing we need to do is be less uptight.

Excerpt
Lets face it we are "chumps" in their world. If we were not chumps we would nat have ignored the red flags and fell in love.  They are stuck in that world for life.  We have the ability to learn self reflect and leave that world.

In her own way she loved you at first, she was infatuated, desired you. Then she found a fault.

But by then she was attached to you, entangled. We're not chumps. We never were. Thats the chatterbox in your head talking, thats your insecurity, self doubt, your self-blame. The Devil whispering in your ear telling you your worthless.

Why did we ignore the red flags? Because we're human beings. Because we have a desire for companionship - like they do. It's not a matter of being a fool, we just did what everyone else does, fall in love, get into a relationship that just happened to be kinda crazy.

Drop the intensity, it was what it was, now its over. Just like every other relationship. Yes we can recover, change, grow. They cannot without psychiatric therapy. They'll follow the same patterns over and over. You can begin to grow by changing the narrative about yourself.

Excerpt
THank you and yes she doesn't even remember saying it! This makes a lot of sense.  so 10 years of therapy and then what happens?

Theres that lack of impulse control that they have!

Well hopefully she'll have a much better sense of self and control of her impulses. DBT isn't a sure fire winner, and it's something I haven't looked into much because the hope of me and her getting back together seemed to die off. But hopefully it would lead to a partial sanity. have a look at kindle ebooks about recovered BPDs. It's promising. Sorry I can't be of any more help. Maybe someone else here knows more about the subject.
Blimblam

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2014, 05:31:57 PM »

Yes, for a borderline both of those count, borderlines usually end up in abusive relationships with narcissists. Its hard to imagine just how tumultuous the head of a pwBPD is. Codependents are fixers, and its a scale as to how codependent one is. Borderlines will go with anyone, anyone who'll have them. So its premature to assume you are labelled codependent.

Excerpt
I must be a codependent or why would I end up getting played?  Why does she like players?  She was wary of players because they hurt her.  Yet she wants to remain friends with players.

Imagine living in a fairytale, where you're a princess and you keep finding these princes, and none of them can save you, you keep hoping and trying to find one who will. But none of them are capable, none of them understand. Players are more likely to share some understanding of their situation than we are. Crazy I know, but players take drugs, players drink, players will talk, players share their psychology. On some level the two gel more than codependents. Also codependents are more likely to be quite needy and emotionally dishonest towards them. We are more likely to want to rekindle the relationship, and thats why we hang round. Its hard for an emotionally disturbed girl to open up to someone in any kind of platonically intimate way when she knows deep inside you're pining for her.

Excerpt
I guess as a codependent we have our own fantasy of the white night or the rescuer.  That love prevails.  I felt like this girl might be my soulmate.  BUt I heard this quote from Eat Play Love I think that's the title anyway.  I don't remember the quote but to sumerize.  Your soulmate is the one who points out all your faults and exposes you and breaks your ego. They are not meant to stay in your life forever. They are the ones who will make you grow into a healthy whole person.

Honestly what you're saying is nothing new. I have to agree that my relationship showed me a lot about myself. How I was far too uptight, how lonely I really was, and just how much I needed to lift up my head more.

Excerpt
I am not a player. I think players tend to be narcissists somehow detached from being able to care and love deeply. I no longer want to play "the game" because as the codependent I will always lose.  I will get played.

Well said, yes many players are, hence the sharing of traits, making it easier for the two to bond. Usually it'll result in a relationship of violence and abuse. Also it confirms to the BPD what they think about themselves, resulting in a weird kind of stability (although it will result in explosive outbursts and breakups, usually cyclically as both sides struggle with their rage and anger - in the case of my former love and her bf its every two months).

Excerpt

Notice the use of the word 'need'. You want to find a nice wholesome girl. Our problem is that we have that need. You definitely need to heal. One thing we need to do is be less uptight.

Excerpt
Lets face it we are "chumps" in their world. If we were not chumps we would nat have ignored the red flags and fell in love.  They are stuck in that world for life.  We have the ability to learn self reflect and leave that world.

In her own way she loved you at first, she was infatuated, desired you. Then she found a fault.

But by then she was attached to you, entangled. We're not chumps. We never were. Thats the chatterbox in your head talking, thats your insecurity, self doubt, your self-blame. The Devil whispering in your ear telling you your worthless.

Why did we ignore the red flags? Because we're human beings. Because we have a desire for companionship - like they do. It's not a matter of being a fool, we just did what everyone else does, fall in love, get into a relationship that just happened to be kinda crazy.

Drop the intensity, it was what it was, now its over. Just like every other relationship. Yes we can recover, change, grow. They cannot without psychiatric therapy. They'll follow the same patterns over and over. You can begin to grow by changing the narrative about yourself.

Excerpt
THank you and yes she doesn't even remember saying it! This makes a lot of sense.  so 10 years of therapy and then what happens?

Theres that lack of impulse control that they have!

Well hopefully she'll have a much better sense of self and control of her impulses. DBT isn't a sure fire winner, and it's something I haven't looked into much because the hope of me and her getting back together seemed to die off. But hopefully it would lead to a partial sanity. have a look at kindle ebooks about recovered BPDs. It's promising. Sorry I can't be of any more help. Maybe someone else here knows more about the subject.

thank you you've been very helpful how did you become so knowledgable?  I am just starting to come out of the fog myself.

I think I may have purposefully painted myself black forever in her eyes.  I really do need to heal and I really would like to be friends with her someday she was a sweet girl in many ways.  At times I resent her at other moments I feel sorry for her.  At other moments I want her to get therapy and take another shot at it. In many ways I wish I could forget her completely.  I was really stuck on the what ifs for a while.

After she dumped me I stuck around and got lied to and treated awfully for 6 months. There was a moment I decided I really needed time apart from any contact and that when she became sweet again but I didn't respond how she wanted so she become cold again.  A lot of push pull.  and all the other behaviors.  Extremely toxic.

Now I just want to heal this pain and anxiety has come to dominate my life and I feel paralyzed and stuck.

christoff522

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2014, 06:38:32 PM »

Excerpt
thank you you've been very helpful how did you become so knowledgable?  I am just starting to come out of the fog myself.

I read lots and lots and lots. Also I spent most of the relationship trying to understand her. I went through histrionic personality disorder, to NPD and eventually came to BPD, a 'diagnosis' i reached after she'd left. At the time I loved her terribly, more than she knew. But I knew something was wrong with her and myself. It was so weird. Everybody around me saw a change in me, I was depressed, stressed out, and heading for a breakdown. Anyway, learning as much as you can is a great mind-occupier, and it helps with the yearning because its about her, you never know whats going to happen, and if they come back you're armed to the teeth with knowledge, and if they don't you'll have learnt about something you knew nothing about before, and it'll help you spot the warning signs next time.

Excerpt
I think I may have purposefully painted myself black forever in her eyes.  I really do need to heal and I really would like to be friends with her someday she was a sweet girl in many ways.  At times I resent her at other moments I feel sorry for her.  At other moments I want her to get therapy and take another shot at it. In many ways I wish I could forget her completely.  I was really stuck on the what ifs for a while.

I had this same problem, I sent a rather nasty message across skype telling her basically to eff off. I called her a narcissist, told her she had no empathy, that I worried for her new supply (not realising that she would end up back with her ex), that she was basically horrible. Then the next day i texted her apologising, then a few days later telling her I was moving on. Then her exes dad saw me on a date with someone else. Then a few days later I get a little notification on my smule page (online karaoke, an interest we both shared) ***** likes your song called 'forgiveness'. I was like 'okay'. Little did she know I'd deleted every song pertaining to her. When she found out she lost her rag, placed various photos of her and her ex and the current Triangulation partner on there, and she hasn't made any contact in about 6 weeks.

Anyway the moral of the long story, is that she probably does miss you, but she expects everything to be the same. She'll come back and it'll never be the same. She will be even more wary, you'll be more insecure. She will rage at you, cheat on you. I also resent her, but even more now I do feel sorry for her. She lost a guy who would have doted on her, who adored her. But she couldn't cope, and had she not left me then she would have left me later. It was never going to end any differently.

Excerpt
After she dumped me I stuck around and got lied to and treated awfully for 6 months. There was a moment I decided I really needed time apart from any contact and that when she became sweet again but I didn't respond how she wanted so she become cold again.  A lot of push pull.  and all the other behaviors.  Extremely toxic.

The crazy thing is my whole entanglement was 2 months. There was a process that preceded that that lasted months as we got to know one another. The whole thing was push pull, she idolized me (literally) until she found that I had faults. I requested breaks, couldn't keep to them, she began to hate me. Thats the whole thing, a growing hatred.

Excerpt
Now I just want to heal this pain and anxiety has come to dominate my life and I feel paralyzed and stuck.

I'm guessing you've not been NC for long. Honestly, theres nothing you can do to stop the discomfort and agony that you feel. You're suffering 10x what a normal breakup would give you. My only advice that I can give you is to cry, take lots of time outs as well to literally go through what happened. Try to vocalize it, to talk to yourself about it, sounds crazy but its only the same as sitting in therapy. Make it a prayer if that helps. Just make it real, speak life to it. Words have power. Make sure to allow yourself to cry, as long as it takes. You have to grieve, don't bottle it up. Trust me that it will get easier, expect it to be at least half the time of the relationship before you're able to ruminate without too much impact on you.

I unblocked everyone involved yesterday.  She has me blocked, but I checked her (x?)bfs page, a few days go his status reads "Sometimes its just easier to walk away", and todays was:

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future... . "

and then the latest: "Bad start to today, feeling s**t"

From one person to another, the pain and anxiety goes. Nothing will ever change, take comfort in that sir. Just remember that if you go back (and it's always possible) - you'll be making statuses like that in no time at all. I know its her cos I used to do the same. Its like the spirit inside you FIGHTS to make you leave. Chances are you would have left yourself eventually!
Blimblam

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2014, 06:58:39 PM »

christoff,

mine never raged.  not once.  She is most of the time the epitomy of cool and chill.  Unless shes complaining about her dad.  I realized now she probably complains about me like she does her dad. 

She did gaslight me to the point I lost my sanity.  SHe lied cheated, leached.  Projected circular arguments,invalidated me like crazy, traiangulated constantly and to the nth degree. split and all the other BPD behaviors. she did all this towards the end and she did completely break me.

but she was a sweet quiet humble freak.  Very polite and well mannered.  No one would believe me if I told them she was BPD or anything the only person that really knows the truth is her dad.  He doesn't know anything about BPD but he sees the pattern and hes tired of being the bad guy.  Its like a self fulfilling prophecy.
Xstaticaddict

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2014, 08:03:08 PM »

I really would like to be friends with her someday she was a sweet girl in many ways.  At times I resent her at other moments I feel sorry for her.  At other moments I want her to get therapy and take another shot at it. In many ways I wish I could forget her completely.  I was really stuck on the what ifs for a while.

I was in this pattern of thinking just a couple weeks ago. That desire to be friends with her "someday" requires so many what if's to happen that I had to let go of that possibility and focus on only what's real. She doesn't have any real friends, because she has no relationship building/maintenance skills. What we have is a chance to spend the time we're not dealing with a BPD's chaos cultivating friendships with healthy people that actually care about us and are ALL friend instead of a bit of a potential friend sometimes.

Getting out and involved in group activities really, really, really helps to wake up that possibility that there are good people out there that will see and embrace you. I started dance classes right after the breakup, and now I know a dozen really fun sweet passionate people investing in themselves. For the first 4 months I felt terrible but lately that's starting to turn around, partly due to feeling like I'm accomplishing something for myself skill-wise, partly because it's doing something where I have to interact with many other people in a way that is truly collaborative, and partly because it gets my blood moving.

I can't overstate the importance of pushing yourself to stay physically active. Especially when you can feel yourself sinking into the depression.

Blimblam

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2014, 08:40:43 PM »

xstatic,

That's where it gets tricky for me.  Because she is able to maintain friends.  The problem is a lot of these friends are guys she keeps in touch with on snapchat.  So these are not necessarily real friends.  But she has gfs she can get in touch with and hang out with if she wants.  Really, I don't know what she has been up to. In fact she can make friends easily because of her ability to make someone feel special.  

She seems quite popular when hanging out with her she gets a ridiculous amount of messages on her phone constantly. that was the lest few times we hung out.  It was very annoying, and its to the point she is on autopilot with all this going on through her phone.  I almost wanted to take her phone and smash it. and say "Now you can start being a human"  She doesn't say excuse me or any kind of courtesy and she makes various facial expressions that are confusing , invalidating, and gas lighting at the same time.  She gives no explanations.
Blimblam

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2014, 11:52:07 PM »

heres is my story.

So I met a girl in my trade school class in the evenings.  She gave me this smile that hit me like a thunderboldt.  Whenever I said something funny we would look at each other.  I found out she had a bf and she made him seem like a great guy.  I figured at the time we could be friends and she would introduce me to other girls.  When she told me more about her bf he seemed like a real douche kind of bro, even though she gave no indication of being a victim. As it turns out her bf was married and telling her they were separated but still living with his wife. She would complain about the wife being a b___ Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post)   He did eventualy leave her.  She would always complain about her dad what an ass he was.  

Eventually I would see her in class and she would complain about how much she was working and how little sleep she was getting and it seemed legit and how she didn't eat that day.  So I started bringing her food because I figured she hadn't ate that day. She was quiet and shy and beautiful. With that look of a freak in her eyes Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post).  Then one day her bf disappeared and she was sad.  A week later we went to get tea before class.  We got tea a couple times.  Then the following week we were hanging out after class and she told me shes taking me home with her. Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post)  She was my ride and the next day her dad was working on her vehicle and it was out of commission.  So I ended up staying there for a week.  From that moment on we were enmeshed.  

I noticed when her dad would work on her vehicle she would freak out and start crying andshe wouldn't listen to a word he would say. Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post)  Then she say what an ass he was.  Other times to he would try to talk to her and she would just lie to him about everything.   Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post)

We were enseperable and it was the best feeling of my life. I loved it. we could have the best time ever doing nothing. It felt so magical.

I learned her whole story about her crazy tweeker family Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post) and growing up in a trailer in a tweeker town.  SHe had an 18 years old bf at age 13.  She was covered in tattoos. She was the diamond in the rough.  SHe was precious.

Shes a groovy stoner chick. she didn't mess with any hard drugs except the occasional E at a rave or psycadelic now and then. She has a pretty face and incredible body.  Groovy hippy stoner goddess.

She was kind polite and thoughtfull.  Things just got better and better. She seemed to have a terrible relationship with her immediate family she lived with.  SHe seemed to think it was like an inside joke to BS them Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post) with me but I didn't approve of that.

Her female friends seemed to have crappy morals.  One of them was in the school also and she was extremely rude and would sleep laying down in class. Randomly waking up to talk about random stories to portray herself as a spiritual caring person and her dreams and aspirations. Which had nothing to do with the topic in class. Then she would leave go next door and get tacos and smoke ciggs and drink a beer and come back to class and do it again.  Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post)  :light:narcisisst!

I didn't really like her friend but if she wanted to go hang out with her I mean fine.  But her friend would have her call out of work and get ready then call her back saying she changed plans and she cant come. Her friend felt no guilt about that at all. SO my stoner princess was the victim.  :'(

I later found out she dated one guy for a year then dated his best friend after him for 2 years. Her ex dated her friend.  Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post)  just a lot of weird stuff like that.

Things were going really good.

then she goes to a festival with the Narc friend and she took acid and came back and told me she realized I was the love of her life.  She told all her family and she had me promise her a lot of realy heavy intense things.  The thing was I could see all the layers were peeled back and she was a 3 year old. This was the real her trusting me completely.  :)ealing with her dad triggered her and she bad tripped for 5 days straight. She had this guilt trip and told her dad about the lying and stealing she had done that I didn't know about.  She went to her old job and told them she was stealing from them to and quit.  After that she was still bad tripping and I thought she needed professional help I was scared. we got her into a detox to come down and they convinced her to go to 30 day rehab.

while she was in their I started a business and put all the thing I had promised into action.  We had communication and she was so happy I was doing all that.

When she got out of their she had become sort of religious which was weird Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post).  She wouldn't smoke weed which was fine.

So she decided she was mad at her dad and moved into my place Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post) I told her it would be for just a few days a week.  SHe never left Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post). She got a job down the street part time. I got really busy and tried to give her a little bit of work. she was flakey Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post) she had me buy all the food and everything Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post)

I was working 60 hours a week and was dead tired when I got home and I had sprang my ankle.  I didn't have the time and energy to give her like I had before.  SHe was bored. She started smoking weed again. All her money on weed. I told her if we were going to get our own place and follow he plan we needed to save money and she needed to make more money. she complained about not having enough money so I told ill give you more work. she made up excuses. Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post)

she went to go stay at her dads a few weekends saying she needed space. around that time she started devaluing me. invalidating, lying, being secretive about her phone. The smirk!  all kinds of passive aggressive stuff gas lighting me constantly.  It got bad.  We went to go to christmass for the holiday at her moms and ONe night I read her text messages.  She had been seeing one dude behind my back and  met with some other guy with a gf in the middle of the night.  :'(  Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post)

I had a bunch of stuff unloaded I almost packed my stuff up and left her there. I didn't I stayed and just felt completely awfull started smoking again.  Just awfull.  I confronted her later on and she lied to me making up excuses. she said the most half assed sorry ever. promised she wouldn't see them again its just I had been so busy and neglecting her.

We get back and I was still hurting and devastated. I didn't see her for a couple days then she texts me shes going to break up with Me, but she sent it as if she was texting her friend.   she shows up and we break up but there was still a strong connection so I didn't think it was really over.

1 week later she has a super hot 19 year old girl living with her in her vehicle playing the im homeless card to everyone.  She did that three nights then she and her friend slept in her bad at her dads fro that point on.  SHe was still telling everyone she was homeless though. She would randomly come over to my place.  We were still hanging out.

I texted her I was going to eat Chinese food and she texts me back Ill be right over. I didn't invite her though.  Then she comes to eat with me and gets a text and jets as soon as she was dones in a rude akward way.  Slowly I began to pull away as she pulled these rude moves like that.  Something happened one day that I just got fed up with her and told her off sort of calling her on her BS and she just played the victim and twisted everything around.  I was explaining to her about respect and reciprocity and she just didn't seem to understand.  I was still hurt from how she had treated me around the time of the break up, and didn't fully trust her or forgiven her. I was giving her a chance but she was totally taking me for granted. And any talk of these basic concepts of respect in any type of relationship she just didn't understand.

I decided I needed a break from her.  about a month later we started texting again. and she would tell me about our special connection not to listen to anyone else they don't understand our connection.  So I thought ok I want this to work I want her back lets do this.  We went to a show together and  everything was back to how it was.  I had her back but I didnt want to jump back in that night and I could have.  The girl she had sleeping at her place had a BF now.  She told me she was going to kick her out because her dad was upset.  SHe wanted me to go camping with her in 2 days at a big group camping trip.  We ended up not going and all of a sudden she was distant and the window had closed.  Any communication from that point on was devaluing.  I hung out with her a couple weeks later. and she had like 5 guys snapchatting her constantly and who knows how many people texting her. Her phone was just blowing up. this bothered me but I figured whatever they can try to get at her but she loves me.  while hanging out like randomly dudes would just show up to smoke. I realized she had like a harem going. The Triangulation was strong and all kinds of subtle devaluation.  It just destroyed me. anytime she noticed anxiety in me that evil smirk. and then gas lighting me for being paranoid and controlling.

That weekend I was suppoced to meet her dad for something and I called and he wasn't there so I called her and she was pissed off.  I happened to have to drive past her place to get to where I was going and noticed her vehicle wasn't there and realized she slept the night somewhere else. She called me later apologizing she was just still sleeping. I was working and I went to get lunch about 5 mins after that call and had to drive past her place to get food and her verhicle was parked in its usual spot.

She was lying to me but I figured its cuz she still wants to get with me and so what she is single.  The next week we hung out a few more times. ANd she had just lost all respect for me she was lying constantly and devaluing again and invalidating constantly. It was really really bad.  So the next day I decided I just cant trust this girl this BS will never stop. I started texting her shes a liar day after day. calling her out on stuff I knew she was lying about.  she finally called her friend and decided enough was enough told her friend I was crazy blah blah. and then she decided we cant be friends anymore and not to talk or hang out anymore.  This was a week before a festival we were going to go together.  I just knew if we went to that festival together we would recycle but I could see the pattern and my gut told me it will only get worst and it wont end.

we were together 10 months and 6 months broken up but still in touch.  about 8 months of devaluing.  the devaluing was mostly constant invalidation lieing and gas lighting. That and her phone always blowing up and accusing me of  being paranoid and controlling if I asked about her phone usage. WHen she would use her phone she had that evil smirk.  The evil smirk became a huge part of things because sometimes it was so slight I wasn't sure and she gas lit me so much I was totally off balance. Didn't know up from down, and the invalidation I lost all my confidence to do anything I became clumsy and would even stammer.  She broke me and I was obsessive thinking about her and what the hell was real and the mass confusion. I was consumed by it, and it drove me crazy.  I had become the bad guy she needed to make a fool of and complain about. She broke me and I was an empty shell with only the memories of the person I had been. Confused lost and anxious in an obsessive PTSD like fashion.
notmeyou

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2014, 06:23:18 AM »

I'm so sorry this happened to you.  I can barely fathom it, hearing the details ... . and I went through similar for six years, but knowing other people experience this level of vulnerability and betrayal is like seeing it fresh again.  I tear up reading this site.  There's so much suffering.  Your experience seems like it was condensed too, like some do.  It helps to commiserate, to understand, to see proof in this detail.  It's validating.  But I don't know how people who go through it for 20+ years even manage to feed or wipe themselves and drive to work.

I felt a particular relation to your story.  The festivals and eventual triangles etc.  Some BPDs can seem so socially freeing and enlightened ... . and it's just you and them in that world, surrounded by the comfort of social navigation and innate human fulfillment, but safe and powerfully inspired with each other like no one else.  Being in love is supposed to feel that way.

Then you are ___.  Oh well.

Wait no, there's just problems it's still the best love.  No one understands our connection.  You turd.

It's your fault.  Aren't I hot?

I hate the smirk.  I enjoy the word "smug" because of it.

I feel like your story warrants a more involved or at least direct response from me than this, but I'm just getting my feet here on the site.

Hang in there.  This whole thing has been ridiculous.  Not my response, I mean.  The BPD torture.

Coincidentally, I read your description of her bad acid trip and behaviors on another site, last night.  It wasn't a BPD site and it may have been a post from months ago and I just happened on it last night ... . and the rest of your story wasn't there then, to clue me in now.  So here's what happened ... . my first post on this site (aside from an introduction) was last night in this thread, so I checked in here again just now and started reading your story.  I was open and relating strongly to it ... . and my own emotions and experiences with my ex were stirring around and correlating to yours ... . and then I reached the acid part, where the words where familiar to me from reading the other site last night ... . so for a few intense moments, as it all accumulated and without realizing why some of these same sentences where identical in my head to whatever, I began to feel like I was having déjà vu or a flashback.  I just had an intimate moment with your story.  I was relating it to my own and it became TOO familiar!  That was messed up.  I had to stop and compose myself.  Thoroughly.  Ironically, this happened because I was researching the effects of LSD on BPD last night.  I must have fallen through a portal.

I'm just glad Pink Floyd has nothing to do with Triangulation.

"There is no dark side of the moon actually.  Matter of fact it's all dark."

Okay my response has been ridiculous.
christoff522

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2014, 08:25:53 AM »

Blimblam, I'm just gonna say this, the characteristics of your pwBPD, almost completely match the characteristics of my pwBPD, right down to the use of snapchat. For a few moments reading your most recent posts, I wondered if it was the same person.
notmeyou

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2014, 08:49:15 AM »

^ I thought the same thing a couple times while reading the story.  I had to think and put events together to dispel it, even though mine only had a few tattoos and her dad is dead.  I wouldn't be surprised to find out another of her victims, who I thought were just guys on the side who she knew, made it onto this forum.

Also, yes they do get more narcissistic when they incorporate the concept of self love into their framework.  It becomes another tool to elevate themselves above others and shame them.  Mine got into it too.  That's hard because when you see them investigating self care, it's promising because you've been so concerned about them.  Then the irony sinks in that even something as innocent and deserved as self love is wielded to make you feel like ___ and is, in no way, beyond the reach of this illness.
Blimblam

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2014, 09:54:52 AM »

THANKS FOR THE RESPONCES.  And I was afraid to post too much of my story because of fear other people that know her would find this.  Because its like theres something about mary.  All her past guys still love her or the douches just want to use her for sex. 

The fact remains they all want another shot and they probably search the net for how to go about it the right way.  I mean I still even want another shot.

Durring the relationship with her until things got "too serious" it was drama free.  seriously it was the best experience of my life.  There was no drama they way people describe on here.  Because she externalized all the drama onto other people in her triangles.
Blimblam

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2014, 12:51:31 PM »

Also, yes they do get more narcissistic when they incorporate the concept of self love into their framework.  It becomes another tool to elevate themselves above others and shame them.  Mine got into it too.  That's hard because when you see them investigating self care, it's promising because you've been so concerned about them.  Then the irony sinks in that even something as innocent and deserved as self love is wielded to make you feel like ___ and is, in no way, beyond the reach of this illness.

Yes, Its like its used to gas light you as to the source of the negative energy. Thinking its you because you are acting crazy and needy.  Because we are stuck being so negative while they have let go of negativity and are just trying to stay positive.  I think the constant validation through their phone helps them stay positive.
Blimblam

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2014, 12:57:09 PM »

one thing that pissed me off is one of my replacements would take my gifts and "clear the negative energy with crystals" thus making them gifts from her.  Even the crystal she used was from me!~!
Blimblam

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2014, 01:13:46 PM »

Durring the relationship with her until things got "too serious" it was drama free.  seriously it was the best experience of my life.  There was no drama they way people describe on here.  Because she externalized all the drama onto other people in her triangles.

this is why I must remain no contact its totally not fair. For the replacement person to receive essentially my positive energy and she dumps the toxic out on me.  In order for her to make the SO to feel so good it requires her to put the "bad guy" in hell.  When I was the SO her dad was in hell.  Once  there was not enough space for her to not do that to him I went to hell.

Its interesting to hear people with a similar type of pwBPD because of her triangles and displacing of negative energy she is able to stay pretty positive and doenst flip out or cause drama just really easy going and chill.  Untill you are on the receiving end and she is chill but you are not. You are being tortured but her façade of chill gas lights you.

There are never any clear moments of her flipping out in a way that makes anything obvious she is the problem. They are rare and happen when she is open enough to try to have a conversation with you about respect, being accountable, and equity.  These are the only real tells that something must be seriously wrong because she genuinely has no idea what I am talking about.

Like someone said before a wolf in sheeps clothing. Because it is so much less obvious and the abuse is more subtle and gas lit so well it got passed my defences to my core and ate me alive. she never instigated a fight.
Conundrum

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2014, 02:26:35 PM »

There are never any clear moments of her flipping out in a way that makes anything obvious she is the problem. They are rare and happen when she is open enough to try to have a conversation with you about respect, being accountable, and equity.  These are the only real tells that something must be seriously wrong because she genuinely has no idea what I am talking about.

The disordered archetype you have been describing, I know all too well. In our present culture with its tendency to favor the trivial, we label these women "hoes." A more apt term, is "femme fatale," translated as "fatal woman." 

Now, that is mostly a metaphor, as they are not literally assassins, but if you permit it, they will steal your soul. You are in essence Faust bargaining with your own dark desires.

When a woman such as this, does not declare her essence for all the world to see (and of course they never do) you may become a shareholder, but will never own a majority stake in her loins. How exactly would you like her to explain to you that she requires, nay absolutely needs, an indeterminate stream of validation from a panoply of men in perpetuity. Would you be open and radically accept that?

I hear your pain, and though I am quite older than you--so relate. I wish for you smiles, patience and joy. This girl, or woman is neither marriage nor relationship material. The narcissists and psychopaths have not won her. That is only confirmation that she has given into the illness. The vast majority of pwBPD who are intensely working on their disorder via structured evidence based programs, wouldn't be caught dead staying in a relationship with those types. If you choose and are willing to use her too--you may own stock in her. But if you desire more than a minority shareholder interest, she is not for you. These women share themselves with many, while secreting themselves from all.
Blimblam

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2014, 03:04:10 PM »

conundrum,

This makes a lot of sense.  Its funny because I think there was a time before me where she was a loyal gf to her partners and the last guy screwed her over and she transformed into her current state. Afraid of trusting a guy again to hurt her.  When she could receive validation from an endless stream like you say.  In essence perhaps I am her first blood so to speak.  She didn't feel confident in her looks before me.  Now I think she had begun to realize her power.  I think she had been empowered with confidence, which makes her all the more dangerous.

tell me more conundrum of your familiarity with the type.  Like I say in many ways she is much different than the type I hear people on here talk about.
Conundrum

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2014, 03:12:39 PM »

Blim, the answers, but not the remedy are found in her childhood. It is always that way... .
Conundrum

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2014, 03:41:57 PM »

tell me more conundrum of your familiarity with the type.  Like I say in many ways she is much different than the type I hear people on here talk about.

There are less differences than you may appreciate. Focus on the lying and how that relates to shame. It is a common theme here. The lack of raging, or the ability to be social does not disqualify this disorder. As I said, there is a traumatic secret from her childhood present--or maybe she has disclosed that to you.

My familiarity, means little--because I (along w everyone else here), am unable to alter the course of the disorder for my pwBPD. It is folly to even try. Let them go. Have fun if you want. Accept them for who they are. But attempting to sustain a possessory interest within a committed monogamous relationship (absent a structured program) will cause grief and suffering. That's just the way... .    
Xstaticaddict

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2014, 04:24:00 PM »

This girl, or woman is neither marriage nor relationship material. The narcissists and psychopaths have not won her. That is only confirmation that she has given into the illness. The vast majority of pwBPD who are intensely working on their disorder via structured evidence based programs, wouldn't be caught dead staying in a relationship with those types. If you choose and are willing to use her too--you may own stock in her. But if you desire more than a minority shareholder interest, she is not for you. These women share themselves with many, while secreting themselves from all.

Wow that's really a great way to look at it. The last line especially rings true with mine. Always inviting you in but no one can actually get close or be actually inside or safe to her or from her.

Blimblam

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2014, 07:20:40 PM »

when she took acid and flipped out I saw her the real her a lost scared 3 year old.  At that moment she completely trusted me.  She told me a lot of truths.  Something flipped a switch in her and she felt a tremendous guilt and it was like she was on a truth syrum.  The insights into the things she said I didn't fully appreciate until now.  She was warning me of her and how she would hurt me and how she couldn't help it it was out of her control almost.  She cried and apologized profusely.  She told me what she needed from me to maintain the relationship.  BUt the reality of the methods of the disorder drove me insane.

I really believe she wanted it to work.  The disorder beat me down.  I think The fact she sabataged it from working caused her shame that she projected and disassociated onto me.  My pain made her aware of her shame and she decided to destroy "me," her own shame.  She no longer saw me but the part of herself she can not bear to see. 
Blimblam

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2014, 09:15:56 PM »

thanks conundrum you really cleared a lot of things up for me man.

Im going to watch some film noire.

notmeyou

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2014, 10:24:03 PM »

one thing that pissed me off is one of my replacements would take my gifts and "clear the negative energy with crystals" thus making them gifts from her.  Even the crystal she used was from me!~!

Lol well it's a good thing they used the purity and benevolence of their spirits to protect themselves from the evil of the gifts that you gave her.  That wouldn't have worked though unless they cleared the crystals of your negative energy first, because the crystals were from you too.  Maybe they used a different crystal that another victim gave her, to clear the negative energy from your crystal so they could use your crystal to clear the negative energy from the gifts you have her.  That wouldn't have worked though unless they used yet another crystal in order to clear the negative energy from the crystal that they used to clear the negative energy from the crystal that you gave her.  It's a good thing that she's a decent person and so spiritually aware, because your negative gifts could have really messed their heads up.

Acid can open you up to archetypes and early trauma, but it can also make you vulnerable to pathological momentum ... . and that, in turn, can become part of the framework re-established, even if insight is attained or blockage is cleared.  BPDs are masters of compartmentalization; acid is one of the only things that would take them drastically to their core damage, but they're entire existence is already used to ignoring that ... . so if it's possible to, they will.  Acid can make ignoring it impossible, but then it wears off.  Plus BPDs cast powerful resentment toward whatever the source of their vulnerability, so they tend to dislike and fear LSD, maybe particularly because their experiences on it WHERE useful.  It sounds like she just got vulnerable, responded rationally to the insights, but then grew out of it when she was safely without a conscience again.  I'm convinced that BPDs are among the only people for whom LSD would have very little positive lasting effect even potentially, unless they were permanently tripping or never came down (but that would obviously destabilize them and they would self destruct).  The people I've known that have turned out to be the most pathological and absent of conscience are those who I've seen acid have little effect on.  In fact, if someone did a lot of it over a period of time and never had a bad trip, I started assuming they were psychopathic in some way.  At least your ex caught an extended glimpse of having a true conscience.  It sounds like she deserved it.
Blimblam

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2014, 03:51:16 AM »

notmenotyou,

her trip lasted a total of 6 or 7 days.  That is not normal at all. She was a scared lost 3 year old she placed complete trust in me and I did my best.  I think confronting her dad who she split black and him talking about moving away from her triggered her.  So she began to bad trip and I guess that made her think of why he would do that and she felt real genuine guilt.  Also I led her though her bad trip talking about why she felt what she felt and so on. I think I helped lead her to the realizations she had as far as guilt.

I always encouraged her to face her fears and to grow.  Most of her friends just have that blame others and run away I don't give a f*** mentality.

I unfriended her on fb the other day.  And she posted this new fb photo I think aimed probably at me and her other ex to refriend her on fb could be a message to a replacement who used her and left. I actually think its an old photo she took during our relationship from months and months ago.  Its always hard to decipher these kinds of things.  I know it has to do how she is feeling in the end and feeling abandoned and she probably thinks of multiple people.  I thought I was special to her.  I know its just a lure. I might refriend her because I don't want to hurt her.  Even though she hurt me the worst in my life.
Blimblam

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2014, 02:29:55 PM »

Yeah,

Im beginning to think their is a type of BPD girl that is the chill stoner.  Shes young and she has modern technology feed her a steady narcissistic supply by way of her fan club via social media and messeging texting and snap chat.

She never has to feel alone again.  SHe can simply send a snap chat of where and what she is doing. which is smoking weed and wait for her fan club to volunteer to meet with her to smoke. SHe gets to pick someone like her exbf or her dad or some friend she has painted black to talk ISh about behind their back to you.  She is the coolest chick ever. So laid back.

Once she starts to trust you she will have little self pitty freak outs but nothing big.  Never an argument she starts.  SHe doesnt cut but now and then she gets a tattoo or a piercing.  She talks about her crappy childhood and she comes from a dysfunctional background. She never pulls annoying BS moves to draw attention to herself in public.

she is the cool chick. She is sweet kind and understanding.

until real expectations of a grown up relationship kick in.
Blimblam

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2014, 12:49:43 AM »

When I think back on the entire experience sometimes I feel like it in the fable hansel Grehdel and the house made of candy but really I was a prisoner being fattened to be consumed.
Blimblam

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2014, 05:26:29 AM »

I think I've found my truth.

Its basically the movie the exorcist.

I saw the layers all peeled back and saw the lost child.  I've also seen the veil of lies.  All of this exists within her. The lost child told me the truth.  It was all true.  The disorder "protects" the lost child held captive somewhere deep inside. The lost child wants to be rescued but the disorder distorts all of this. The disorder is in control. The disorder is powerful and a master of deception. The disorder deceives the lost child as well and torments her. The disorder needs to feed. If I truly love her and give myself to her the disorder will destroy me.
christoff522

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2014, 08:40:35 AM »

conundrum,

This makes a lot of sense.  Its funny because I think there was a time before me where she was a loyal gf to her partners and the last guy screwed her over and she transformed into her current state. Afraid of trusting a guy again to hurt her.  When she could receive validation from an endless stream like you say.  In essence perhaps I am her first blood so to speak.  She didn't feel confident in her looks before me.  Now I think she had begun to realize her power.  I think she had been empowered with confidence, which makes her all the more dangerous.

Nah, I don't know her age but she will have been BPD since childhood, symptoms only revealing themselves in her teen years. When I first found my BPD i had no idea she was like that. Her bf just seemed mean and nasty and she seemed like this adorable little thing with loads of life in her.

Even if she had been your friends for years, its unlikely you would have noticed this dark side, they keep it very well hidden until they allow someone in close enough to see it. Now this won't be every boyfriend or lover, just the ones she trusts the most. Then she will reveal her inner pain, idolize you, then eventually devalue and discard.

I can assure you of this as well, she's never been a loyal girlfriend to any partner she's had since about the ages of 14/16.

BPD doesn't stem from bad relationships, it stems from genetic disposition and parental neglect/control. Its essentially rebellion against all the status quo. Nothing can ever be the same for too long.

So whatever partner she's with now, they'll get screwed over. If the relationship seems good, it won't be.
christoff522

« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2014, 08:46:46 AM »

Yeah,

Im beginning to think their is a type of BPD girl that is the chill stoner.  Shes young and she has modern technology feed her a steady narcissistic supply by way of her fan club via social media and messeging texting and snap chat.

Substance abuse is common with BPD, alcohol, weed, speed, ecstasy etc. Social media has made it easier for the narcissistic side of the BPD to be stroked.

Excerpt
She never has to feel alone again.  SHe can simply send a snap chat of where and what she is doing. which is smoking weed and wait for her fan club to volunteer to meet with her to smoke. SHe gets to pick someone like her exbf or her dad or some friend she has painted black to talk ISh about behind their back to you.  She is the coolest chick ever. So laid back.

Back in the day they'd go to nightclubs and 'hook up'. Now its a simple text, snapchat, fb message etc

Excerpt
Once she starts to trust you she will have little self pitty freak outs but nothing big.  Never an argument she starts.  SHe doesnt cut but now and then she gets a tattoo or a piercing.  She talks about her crappy childhood and she comes from a dysfunctional background. She never pulls annoying BS moves to draw attention to herself in public.

No BPD does that, remember BPD is about inner shame. To increase that shame publically would devastate her. Also, just a heads up, BPD often leads to suicide, and institutionalisation. I know you're angry at her, as I was angry at mine. But this is a real serious mental illness, one thats practically incurable. We're not just dealing with some shallow manipulative weirdo. But someone who's going to suffer this for life, and whilst it rears its ugly head in some of the most sinful ways known to man, she can't really help it. She's twisted, and she does feel bad about how she's treated you. Trust me on that.

Excerpt
she is the cool chick. She is sweet kind and understanding.

until real expectations of a grown up relationship kick in.

Thats the way it goes. Give it time and it'll get easier. We've all been where you are. Just remember this:

IT WAS NOTHING PERSONAL.
Blimblam

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2014, 06:35:28 PM »

Yea christof,

I am slowly coming to accept the realization that it was nothing personal.  She has told me "[she] felt bad," for hurting me.  It was so confusing because she wanted me in her life but would continue to hurt me.  Having a better understanding of what I was dealing with has been my only solace.  The waifs are a dangerous master of shadows and deception.  I wanted to know the real her but to know that in its entirety would destroy me completely.  I am lucky to still be alive and have another chance at life.  They are the muse, the magical princess, the black widow, the femme fatale, the succubus, the vampire.

The spell is broken now but I am not yet free of her not yet.

reading the thread in the link has helped me tremendously.

www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=134717
Blimblam

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2014, 01:39:43 AM »

since I have painted myself permanently black I decided to initiate LC that will keep me blacker than black but also allow me to put forward some truths. 

So I will randomly text her things about being alone.  "just be you.  with no attention from anyone to feel good about yourself. with no company to distract you from yourself.  face the demon tormenting the lost little girl. Know that you are whole and complete by yourself."

she plays it off like I am a weirdo.   which I now know is gas lighting.  I know deep down on some level she knows exactly what I'm talking about. But I don't answer her response.
christoff522

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2014, 09:16:31 AM »

Yea christof,

I am slowly coming to accept the realization that it was nothing personal.  She has told me "[she] felt bad," for hurting me.  It was so confusing because she wanted me in her life but would continue to hurt me.  Having a better understanding of what I was dealing with has been my only solace.  The waifs are a dangerous master of shadows and deception.  I wanted to know the real her but to know that in its entirety would destroy me completely.  I am lucky to still be alive and have another chance at life.  They are the muse, the magical princess, the black widow, the femme fatale, the succubus, the vampire.

Yeah mine seemed to have awareness of her 'condition', but only in the deflection sort of thing. She would agree she had something up, but not enough to ever change it. To be fair, it would be very difficult for any change to happen, almost so much that unless they truly, internally accepted that they had BPD, they would never ever seek help. Mine always said she wanted me to find someone else, and I said the same to her, that she needed to find someone to help her.  You are lucky to be alive, and you need to learn and grow from it. My encounter has greatly strengthened my faith in God, in fact its irrevocably changed my beliefs, made me drop depressing preachers and approach more positive ones, its made me read purpose driven life and do the 40 days of purpose. As bad as my little pumpkin may be, knowingly or not, shes had a great impact on me which I appreciate. Maybe its encountering such manifest evil, that makes one run to perfect good?

Excerpt
The spell is broken now but I am not yet free of her not yet.

The spell will be broken when your next gf turns out not to have BPD  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Excerpt
reading the thread in the link has helped me tremendously.

www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=134717

Thats an amazing thread. I love reading people's stories, I always LOL when it describes my BPD perfectly. Thats scary!
christoff522

« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2014, 09:24:27 AM »

since I have painted myself permanently black I decided to initiate LC that will keep me blacker than black but also allow me to put forward some truths.  

So I will randomly text her things about being alone.  "just be you.  with no attention from anyone to feel good about yourself. with no company to distract you from yourself.  face the demon tormenting the lost little girl. Know that you are whole and complete by yourself."

she plays it off like I am a weirdo.   which I now know is gas lighting.  I know deep down on some level she knows exactly what I'm talking about. But I don't answer her response.

Blimblam, stop it. You're doing yourself no good at all. Just leave her alone and grow yourself.

What you're doing is continuing to try and fix her, you're feeding your addiction, but honestly sir - it is odd, you know what she is, and you know what BPD is - its her personality - its who she is. Nothing you say can change how empty she feels, she only gets momentary, fleeting fulfillment from meeting new people to have relationships with. Honestly you'd be doing yourself and her a favour by deleting her number. She isn't playing it off like you're a weirdo, she believes you are. Hard to say, but you're painted black - which means she hates you. She isn't sitting there in her bedroom sad and upset at your not being around, she's texting new people.

Let me put it like this: the man who thinks hes a chicken, isn't desiring to not be a chicken, and if you texted him and told him he wasn't a chicken - he'd think you were the crazy one.

Just leave her alone, find your purpose and fulfillment in life. Don't externalize this relationship as if she's done you bad, use these forums to recover from it, and try to understand WHY YOU HAD THE RELATIONSHIP. As far as you need to be concerned, your ex has died, she's gone forever. Just grieve and move on.

And please notice something, when I post I always use the "was" not "is" in reference to our former SO's, and lots of other people on the forums do the same. It's because we do not seek contact with them, we push for NO CONTACT. Because BPDs are an addiction for our sort. It's because they're master manipulators, folks who have a serious mental disorder and compensate by externalising themselves onto others. You're this, you're that etc.

Find peace elsewhere
BorisAcusio

« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2014, 11:40:13 AM »

So I will randomly text her things about being alone.  "just be you.  with no attention from anyone to feel good about yourself. with no company to distract you from yourself.  face the demon tormenting the lost little girl. Know that you are whole and complete by yourself."

she plays it off like I am a weirdo.   which I now know is gas lighting.  I know deep down on some level she knows exactly what I'm talking about. But I don't answer her response.

Blimblam, stop it. You're doing yourself no good at all. Just leave her alone and grow yourself.

What you're doing is continuing to try and fix her, you're feeding your addiction, but honestly sir - it is odd, you know what she is, and you know what BPD is - its her personality - its who she is. Nothing you say can change how empty she feels, she only gets momentary, fleeting fulfillment from meeting new people to have relationships with. Honestly you'd be doing yourself and her a favour by deleting her number. She isn't playing it off like you're a weirdo, she believes you are. Hard to say, but you're painted black - which means she hates you. She isn't sitting there in her bedroom sad and upset at your not being around, she's texting new people.

Let me put it like this: the man who thinks hes a chicken, isn't desiring to not be a chicken, and if you texted him and told him he wasn't a chicken - he'd think you were the crazy one.

Just leave her alone, find your purpose and fulfillment in life. Don't externalize this relationship as if she's done you bad, use these forums to recover from it, and try to understand WHY YOU HAD THE RELATIONSHIP. As far as you need to be concerned, your ex has died, she's gone forever. Just grieve and move on.

And please notice something, when I post I always use the "was" not "is" in reference to our former SO's, and lots of other people on the forums do the same. It's because we do not seek contact with them, we push for NO CONTACT. Because BPDs are an addiction for our sort. It's because they're master manipulators, folks who have a serious mental disorder and compensate by externalising themselves onto others. You're this, you're that etc.

Find peace elsewhere

Listen to christoff and always keep in mind that borderlines do not mourn relationships. I took the "miss you badly" bait after a month we split up, her phone was constantly on fire when we met. As it turned out, she went on numerous dates on the 4 weeks, while at the same time, I was mostly laying in my bed, fetal position, ruminating and feeling guilty. It's humiliating, try no to repeat others' mistakes.

Blimblam

« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2014, 04:37:54 PM »

Yeah thank you all.  You know what.  I believe in evil now.   
Tausk
Formerly "Schroeder's Piano"

« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2014, 05:19:17 PM »

So I will randomly text her things about being alone.  "just be you.  with no attention from anyone to feel good about yourself. with no company to distract you from yourself.  face the demon tormenting the lost little girl. Know that you are whole and complete by yourself."

she plays it off like I am a weirdo.   which I now know is gas lighting.  I know deep down on some level she knows exactly what I'm talking about. But I don't answer her response.

For me, this was like when I tried to rescue.  I tried to outwit the Disorder.  But it's a Disorder!  The Disorder does not want happiness.  The Disorder takes hostages and causes collateral damage in the souls of it's victims left by the wayside.  The truth is irrelevant.  And the Disorder always wins.

The only way not to lose and to stop the hemorrhaging is not to play.  And the only way to leave to game is as a victim.
Blimblam

« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2014, 05:32:39 PM »

Dealing with this stress I got my first wrinkles
Blimblam

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2014, 09:19:46 PM »

I hate that I miss her so much.  I hate that I still love her so damn much even though she hurt me so bad.  I hate that I cant hate her.  I hate the disorder.  I hate that I can't have A conversation with her. 
Tausk

« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2014, 10:01:05 PM »

I hate that I miss her so much.  I hate that I still love her so damn much even though she hurt me so bad.  I hate that I cant hate her.  I hate the disorder.  I hate that I can't have A conversation with her. 

It's hard.  It sucks.  It hurts.  It will get better if we do the right things to take care of ourselves.

But that doesn't ease the pain today too much.  But maybe makes it bearable.  I remember when I wasn't even sure that I could bear the pain.   It ripped my insides out.

I hope you find some peace.  For me, part of enduring the pain was also to learn to feel it, learn to find positive distraction such as other areas of meaning in my life, and to simply share it on this board.

Be well.  We are with you.  Others have done what your are doing.  It doesn't to ease the pain, but maybe provides hope and faith that you will endure as a better and stronger person.

I have and I am.

T
free-n-clear

Relationship status: Not to be resuscitated.

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2014, 10:22:28 PM »

I tried to outwit the Disorder. But it's a Disorder! The Disorder does not want happiness. The Disorder takes hostages and causes collateral damage in the souls of its victims left by the wayside. The truth is irrelevant. And the Disorder always wins.

All of the above AND... . The Disorder exists in order to deny the existence of the Disorder. This is why so few pwBPD are ever formally diagnosed. As far as they're concerned, they don't have a problem - certainly not a major problem that requires psychological therapy. At best, they might have a little awareness of some of their symptoms. My uBPDxgf often admitted to her tendency to "push away the ones I love the most", but has no understanding whatsoever of the connection between that tendency and all the other symptoms/traits. And believe me, she displays them ALL.
Blimblam

« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2014, 01:08:50 AM »

The other day I told her I think she's BPD and she agreed
christoff522

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2014, 07:18:55 AM »

BPDs will admit to anything, it doesn't mean she does. She's probably just trying to manipulate you.

Blimblam, for your own sake, just go no contact. Delete everything pertaining to her out of your life. Thats the only way to go.
Blimblam

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2014, 04:38:47 PM »

BPDs will admit to anything, it doesn't mean she does. She's probably just trying to manipulate you.

Blimblam, for your own sake, just go no contact. Delete everything pertaining to her out of your life. Thats the only way to go.

:'(
Blimblam

« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2014, 06:31:39 PM »

it was her birthday the other day and I found myself really wanting to be recycled.  I know this is unhealthy thinking.  I find myself thinking maybe I can just accept it for what is and have fun playing make pretend for a little bit.
Tausk

« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2014, 10:29:35 PM »

it was her birthday the other day and I found myself really wanting to be recycled.  I know this is unhealthy thinking.  I find myself thinking maybe I can just accept it for what is and have fun playing make pretend for a little bit.

We've all been there.  You're not alone.  I've often tried to figure out if I could have endured more.  But it comes down to a point where we can't.  We think we can now cuz we just want the pain to go away, but in the middle of the insanity, I couldn't take anymore.  

It's good when we can recognize our feelings.  Honesty is half the battle and a cornerstone of recovery.  

It hurts, but it does get better if we continue to do the work.  Keep on the board.  Keep reading and writing.  Keep busy, work out, volunteer, go on a vacation... . finding meaning in our lives is very important.  Otherwise the void of our ex is too big to let stand.  Fill that void with meaning.  Even if it's to have a healthy body and mind for the long term.

We're here.  You're not alone.

T

P.S. the following was written by 2010 recently.  I think is might be her most brilliant piece.  Perhaps it will provide you some relief, not from the pain, but maybe from the suffering.

Excerpt
I just can't handle this anymore. We were supposed to be getting married next month and I feel like I can't let go of the man that I thought he was. I feel like I am barely surviving each day. My pain is so very deep that there are so many times I pray that God would just take my life. I know this sounds terrible, but I just don't feel like I will ever overcome this. I feel permanently damaged.

Why do I ache for someone that doesn't really love me and probably never did? How can I emotionally detach from this man? I feel like a drug addict that can't handle the withdrawals.

Crushed,

My heart goes out to you on this. I think we’ve all been there. When you answer the emails and demand reasons (and apologies) for the inappropriate behavior and they don’t come- it can be devastating.

Many people who get into a relationship with idealization and mirroring can feel life affirmed in the beginning, almost as though this was a holy anointment.  And in the end, when it appears to be just a façade, it can cause such despair that one can only compare it to Hell.

The aftermath of this goes in stages; the back and forth; and having it get worse- only to spiral down and crash.  Then when you’ve crashed, you really want the pain to go away, and the only thing that you know will take that pain away is the proof that you were really loved in spite of it all, (in spite of the disorder.)  But this person can’t take away your pain when they are the cause of it and your uncertainty about that is sometimes outweighed by your hopefulness - and this is what needs to be addressed.

And at a certain point we all feel shame for not being able to “fix” the disorder.  And the more you read about addiction, the more you’ll understand that it really is about a “fix.” Uncertainty versus hope equals bargaining and denial of the dilemma can lead to toxic shame.  All of these “psychology today” terms that really stem from a spiritual wound that needs healing. There are reasons for this.

The BPD partner is really a representative of what you think will “fix” your spiritual wound.  If you have Love- you are lovable. If your love is taken away, you feel unlovable and you don’t want to live. After all, what is life *worth living* for if you were never truly loved?

So the catch-22 of all of this is that the person who said they loved you actually doesn’t understand love- they only know need.  They don’t know what stable love is- otherwise they would feel it- you would feel it and the entire World would be Glorious, but this is a disorder. You’ve got to respect that.

And the truth of the matter is that you’ve also got to intellectually understand that you fell in love with a person that has a distorted belief system that causes them to have a pattern of unstable interpersonal behavior. The behavior is triggered by you due to intimacy, and it is their wonky way of a coping mechanism for the thoughts of persecution and bondage to a punitive parent that exists in their head. Lying and impulsive behavior and anger and fear and projection are all part and parcel of the disorder. It’s not reasonable to think you are no longer loveable because of the disorder’s distorted beliefs. You are loveable. The disorder wouldn’t have been triggered otherwise.

Hopefully, you know that you are very important. Your importance means that in the aftermath of this failed love- there is still love for yourself that has to be lit from within. If it isn’t, the need to hand it over to another person for safe keeping is too much responsibility, especially for someone who is unstable. You must have self-love despite the fact that another human being appears unable to carry your love. In all likelihood, both of you had great intentions for love, but the unstable belief system guaranteed an outcome that did not support trust and faith. This is a disorder. I’m very sorry and I know it hurts.

I know you feel down right now. This is completely appropriate given the circumstances, but I’m here to tell you – you will get through this. There is a resolve inside of you that will not be extinguished. It is a flame that exists in spite of your heartache and you will keep it alive, because there are many people out there who will love you- you just need to give them a chance. Day by day, every person you meet gives you the possibility for love. The despair you feel right now- it will pass, I promise. But first, we need closure on your spiritual wound. Your despair is about a lack of closure, and this back and forth just rips the scab off. So how do we suture you up? What is the best method of closure?

For most people, closure is an action word - you take action by closing the door to someone who has hurt you- especially someone who has hurt you multiple times. And for most people, this is very hard to do. You’ve held out hope for so long and the back and forth is keeping that hope alive, but it’s also spiritually draining.

No contact is saying that you don’t want to be hurt anymore and you want (or at least attempt) a better future. The hope is something you give yourself. That’s self-preservation and self love and it’s the effort you make to keep that tiny flame alive inside of you despite the fact that another person has hurt you. You may fall off the wagon and break the no contact agreement, but it will eventually work its way through and the door will be closed. Then you must grieve.

The best you can hope for is that someday you will find peace from the aftermath (now known as an interaction rather than a relationship) An interaction with someone who needed you for the wrong reasons, (not the right ones) which supported a disordered belief system where you were assigned a role to play. You’re going to have to accept that this wasn’t supposed to be a lifelong commitment and that’s a GOOD thing you realized this sooner rather than later.

You will eventually accept that the closing of doors lead to the opening of others, and you will wistfully admire your commitment to try and love this person, while realizing the futility of your efforts and still ask yourself the hard questions about why you were willing to love in such a way that you were willing to turn against loving yourself.

It will get better. Day by day. Give it time. And please don’t ever give up. Hope you keep posting.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

corraline

« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2014, 11:48:17 PM »

tausk, i know, that post from 2010 is amazing. I remember it and  i had copied it. thanks for reminding me of it again.  
Blimblam

« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2014, 12:15:25 AM »

thank you all so much. Tausk, that post was really insightful.   

I feel like I know how she feels at her core now.  I feel like to be in love always provides a mirror to the one they love and through that mirror a bridge is formed where there is a transfer of energy to truly know the essence other person.

I remember a text I sent her shortly after I pushed her away.  I regretted it.  I texted her, "Look at us now. you lost me and you don't even care  and I hate myself for it." 

I never knew what it felt like to hate myself until now.  When loving someone is the same as hating myself.  It truly is twisted. 

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest