Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 05:01:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How and when in the relationship were you split black?  (Read 401 times)
kc sunshine

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« on: August 27, 2014, 04:04:25 PM »

For me, it was about 9 months in, while I was gone on a 5 week trip. It didn't happen all at once-- it kind of took hold in sputters, but then it seemed to get locked in place. What was your experience?

elessar

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 04:13:05 PM »

4 months into the relationship in college, after going yes/no for over a year, when she left because her mom asked her to. came 4 years later, and split me black 6 months later after she went to Saudi Arabia on Hajj and came back not wanting to be with a polytheist. After that kept recycling and splitting every few months till the latest one last month when she had a marriage proposal her parents wanted her to accept, realized her daddy wouldn't approve of me, so accused me of being not wealthy or educated enough and that was it (and accepted that marriage proposal).

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 04:41:15 AM »

Around 4/5 months into the rs.

Most of his rs needed within 6/7 months.

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 04:41:46 AM »

correction: needed = ended
Blimblam

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 05:28:49 AM »

At about 7 months in. With about a month or so of wierd behavior before that.
camuse

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 05:46:30 AM »

First time about 3 months in. Came out of nowhere. Then about 6 weeks later, then the time between each one roughly halved until it became a permanent splitting.
MommaBear

Relationship status: Divorce in progress

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 06:27:09 AM »

Within weeks of finding a replacement.
Loveofhislife

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 06:50:50 AM »

Wondering if my experience is out of the ordinary or maybe I'm misinterpreting silent treatment (detached protector) to mean I'm split black: it sure feels that way. Like all r/s with pwBPD, it has been tumultuous from the beginning--brief idolization to months as the abandoned child to months as the angry child/punitive parent to what I'm now told is the detached protector who I first saw with silent treatment at 9 mos when we had a major argument about his owing me a large amount of money. He said, "But if I pay you back, you won't need me anymore." To which I exclaimed, "NEED YOU? I don't need you for your money; I want you; I choose you!" Somehow Tia triggered him at that 9 month mark when I got my first taste of one week of silent treatment. The following 3 months were "adjusted" because the abandoned child who "needed" me now had a very good paying job. When he got into a financial bind (which he always does) the abandoned child would show back up. Two weeks before my current one month of silent treatment, around the one year mark, he told me that he needed to go "dark" that he needed to be Darkman. I intuited this to mean he was going to begin making unilateral decisions in his own perceived self interest--especially financially. For the next two weeks, I felt his cooling and distancing. He oddly asked for his house keys back--his son needed them? Then he embarked on finishing unfinished business: completing projects at my house, returning random property like a handheld vacuum cleaner: all very out of the ordinary. I should have seen it coming. He knew an August 1 payment deadline (a large one) was coming up. When I asked him when I would receive my payment (which he had more than enough to repay); he raged at me, and he has not called me since. I've had a few necessity texts, lots of promises to call, but silent treatment since August 1. Have I been split black?
Popcorn71

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 08:16:56 AM »

Within weeks of finding a replacement.

Same here.  Even after he left for the replacment, apparently he was still going around singing my praises to 'friends'.  He put all the blame on my son and I still don't know if I am painted black, a year later.
Popcorn71

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2014, 08:20:13 AM »

"NEED YOU? I don't need you for your money; I want you; I choose you!"

I used to tell my xBPDh this.  He didn't seem to like it.  I was trying to explain that I was with him for who he was not what he could give me.  He seemed to want it to be the other way around, although he moaned about his ex wife who had spent all his money.

It looks like there is no pleasing them!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest