Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 07:09:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It' Been A Year Now  (Read 346 times)
overcomer

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: October 23, 2014, 01:54:37 PM »

Hello My Friends,

It's been a year now since I moved out and I'm continuing to move ahead with my life.  After 20 years of craziness with my uBPDw I had enough and moved out.  I packed up my stuff, got a loan from my bank, and purchased a travel trailer to live in.  Afterwards I sat in my travel trailer at a local campground and laughed as I said sarcastically to myself "I've finally arrived... .I've accomplished all my dreams... .I'm 42yrs old and living in a travel trailer."  It was terribly lonely sometimes and it broke my heart to leave my S17 and my D14 there with her.  My kids and me were exceptionally close so it was the hardest thing to do.  I had left my uBPDw both emotionally and mentally years ago so there wasn't any regret in that area. 

My one saving grace was I had a very close friend who had just came out of a similar relationship and was able to provide me with support and encouragement that was based on experience.  I don't think people can really understand what it's like to live under those conditions and pressures unless they've been there themselves.  I'm not sure if I could have made it without this person.

Because I had children with my uBPDw I was not able to go no contact.  Although she never tried to get me to come back she did repeatedly tell me via text that she loved me, was praying for me, and that she would wait for me to return.  She's very religious so it included many spiritual references.  Over the first several months I initially observed her deregulating a few times but she would quickly regain control.  I only went to my former home during the evening to spend time with my children.  My interaction with my uBPDw was minimal and focused on discussions about our children.  My removal from the home setting seemed to actually help her and I've seen very few of the behaviors that she manifested while I was living there.  She seems quite content with her new living situation and we have very few tense moments.  I do believe she expects me to come back so she's waiting it out.  I have told that I am not coming back.

Right now I'm kind of stuck since I haven't completely moved on by starting the divorce process.  My life is fairly comfortable now and I hate to further disrupt the lives of my children by applying for a divorce.  I realize that it's not the best situation but I can't overcome the fear that all hell with break loose if she realizes I'm not coming back.  I know the potential for things to get ugly and that holds me back from moving ahead.  It's been a year and I know that I need to move on but I can't pull the lever.

My S17 is graduating this year leaving just my D14 at home.  Sometimes I tell myself that I will move on after my son leaves for college.  My son and I are very close so it's hard to disrupt the atmosphere that enables me to maintain this level of closeness. 

My friend encourages me to face my fear and talk to my children about what their going through.  I really haven't talked to them much about what is going on.  I don't want to bad mouth their mother so I avoid bringing it up.  They have dealt with it fairly well but sometimes express how they miss me living there.

I come up with various dates when I want to take action but they come and go.  There never seems to be a good time to pull the lever.  I'm stuck... .part of me wants to move on... .the other part says stay were it's safe.
Pou

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Non existent. Co-habitat. She is extremely abusive and manipulative.

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 03:19:30 PM »

My friend encourages me to face my fear and talk to my children about what their going through.  I really haven't talked to them much about what is going on.  I don't want to bad mouth their mother so I avoid bringing it up.  They have dealt with it fairly well but sometimes express how they miss me living there.

overcomer, congrats and it takes courage to take that first step.  My uNPDw difference is that she would never say she loves me, she would never apologize and she will always blame me for her anti-social and inappropriate behaviors… and even go around and spread them to my family and friends… yeah, just crazy.  Unlike other BPD nons, I don't have to worry about her ending her own life, because she is a Narcissist. 

I want to talk about not telling your children.  My uNPDw has flat out make us stuff in front my kids and blame me and my family for things that just invented in her head.  My 7 year old looked confused.  She completes alienate my family, she was a b___ at my mother's 80th birthday and she restricted we could only visit less than a day after traveling 3 hours each way and my sister's family from california came back to east coast for a week.   she constantly gave my mom dirty looks and it was very very odd... since we only see my mom like 2 to 3 times a year.  She didn't talk to anyone and didn't wish my mom a happy birthday.  The strangest thing is she came home and wrote an email explaining that she is only horrible to my mom because I am horrible to her mother.  Which can not be further from the truth.  We spent every mother's day with her mom and every birthdays.  MY birthday is less than a week apart from her mom and her birthday is less than a week away from both of us.  She insisted that I should celebrate my birthday with her, meanwhile she celebrate her birthday independently.  I pushed back and then she start saying why do I hate her mother and go on full rage.  I was like… all I am saying is that I would like to celebrate my birthday and we can celebrate her mother's birthday... if they want to celebrate together since they are mother and daughter, I am fine with that.  But it is strange that how she would force me to celebrate with her mother.  Needless to say, my wife is extremely controlling and not in a logical way.  She gets extremely controlling on things that she irrationally think that they are important.  Ok, I just want to paint a picture to let you see that my wife dysregulates in front of our kids quite often, she goes full rage mode and attacks me with nastiest stuff and she breaks all boundaries when she is in that mode.  I had no choice, but have to explain to my 7th year old that mom is not all there in the head.  Otherwise, if I don't provide a clear line on what is real and what is not, I am so afraid that my kids will grow up in a FOG and complete lost themselves in this PD insanity.  If my uNPDw would be able to control herself and not rage in front of the kids, then I wouldn't have to do the explaining.  I am not interested in raising a bunch kids who gets so FOG up in her world that they would go on to become PDs themselves. 

So my advice is to educate your kids and let them know it is ok to love their mother while acknowledging that she has this issue.  No one is perfect and let them know that it just happens that PDs hurts their immediate partners the most and you need to give each other space to make sure everyone will be ok.  It is very tough for your son and daughter, I can only imagine for them having to go through dad not at home.  that is why I am dealing with my wife's abusiveness because I love my kids.  You toughed through so many years and I just hope I will be able to do the same…. there are times, I say to myself, this is getting too abusive and unhealthy, maybe I will have to take that first step. 

Best wishes to you and stay tough… I learned that when you are with someone with a PD, there are no right or wrong … you just got to keep your own health as priority and then dealing with it minute by minute... .

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest