Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 06:24:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone with more of an ASPD than a BPD?  (Read 607 times)
Hope0807

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorcing & Living Apart

« on: December 27, 2014, 09:40:11 PM »

There's so much overlap.  BPDs are always narcissistic, but an NPD isn't necessarily a BPD at all.  I couldn't rest with the "BPD" alone and am completely assured now that my ex is more of a Psychopath.

What about yours?  If you have more of an ASPD ex, what behaviors/patterns have helped you come to that conclusion?
Blimblam

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 09:44:30 PM »

If you read the criteria for aspd. Not all aspd are psychopaths but all psychopaths are aspd.  There is a concept in the psychological community of the dark tetrad Narcisistic-Machiavellian-psychopathic-sadistic. Worth looking into.
hurting300

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 09:51:35 PM »

Yes all my experts my attorney hired to look over her files tell me she has heavy sociopathic traits. I think people with cluster b disorders have traits from all the disorders listed at some point.

In the eye for an eye game, he who cares least, wins. I, for one. am never stepping into the ring with someone who is impulsive and doesn't think of the downstream consequences.
hurting300

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 09:54:13 PM »

There's so much overlap.  BPDs are always narcissistic, but an NPD isn't necessarily a BPD at all.  I couldn't rest with the "BPD" alone and am completely assured now that my ex is more of a Psychopath.

What about yours?  If you have more of an ASPD ex, what behaviors/patterns have helped you come to that conclusion?

Her emotional cut off, lack of empathy for the pain she caused. My ex was fake to say the least. When she disappeared, she forgot her paperwork and diaries Laugh out loud (click to insert in post). What is written in those diaries is dark. Very dark. I honestly think she could kill me and not shed a tear.

In the eye for an eye game, he who cares least, wins. I, for one. am never stepping into the ring with someone who is impulsive and doesn't think of the downstream consequences.
Hope0807

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 09:56:15 PM »

Yes, I hesitate to combine ASPD and Psychopath but it's too much to try to explain to the lay person.  Mine is a Psychopath and people get really freaked out by that term.  What's interesting is he demonstrates the cold, unaffected, totally calm at certain points where most people would be freaking out, and yet I've also seen some intense anxiety…but in hindsight believe more of that anxiety may be attributable  to the drug use and possible withdrawal at different points in time.

If you read the criteria for aspd. Not all aspd are psychopaths but all psychopaths are aspd.  There is a concept in the psychological community of the dark tetrad Narcisistic-Machiavellian-psychopathic-sadistic. Worth looking into.

Blimblam

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 09:57:17 PM »

If you read the criteria for aspd. Not all aspd are psychopaths but all psychopaths are aspd.  There is a concept in the psychological community of the dark tetrad Narcisistic-Machiavellian-psychopathic-sadistic. Worth looking into.
Hope0807

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 10:00:13 PM »

Did anyone read Without Conscience by Robert Hare?  It's so insane, I thought I was with one of the most compassionate human beings to ever roam the earth.

So all the times he callously tossed out comments like:

"You know if I really wanted to, I could get rid of a body and nobody would ever know."

"You have no idea, the torturous things I think of doing to people who do me dirty…I can't even say them out loud…you don't even wanna know."

…I guess those were a bit more telling than my chalking them up to anger management issue.  
hurting300

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 10:04:06 PM »

Mine would say crazy things like (I always have an exit plan) and (don't test vindictive side)

Blimblam

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 10:05:15 PM »

Yes, I hesitate to combine ASPD and Psychopath but it's too much to try to explain to the lay person.  Mine is a Psychopath and people get really freaked out by that term.  What's interesting is he demonstrates the cold, unaffected, totally calm at certain points where most people would be freaking out, and yet I've also seen some intense anxiety…but in hindsight believe more of that anxiety may be attributable  to the drug use and possible withdrawal at different points in time.

Ah I see.  

My half brother is uBPD/aspd. He falls heavily into the sadistic personality of the dark triad and has some N traits in that he has a fairly well constructed idealized false self.  

The main difference of a psychopath is they don't really feel fear.  They are fearless loveless and lack the capacity for remorse.  They have no concience thus no guilt.

If you were dealing with someone like that ugh that sucks.  

hurting300

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2014, 10:09:43 PM »

It's proven sociopaths and psychopaths can't be treated. So if you are dealing with someone like that you need to leave it alone and hope he does the same thing. My ex just simply vanished one day with our baby, well she started stalking. Why stalk if you left the person? They are dangerous.

Hope0807

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 10:14:23 PM »

WOW you got your baby back I'm assuming?  Absolutely, they cannot be treated.  They are the most dangerous of the dangerous personality disorders.  My ex is as charismatic as Dicaprio's character in The Wolf of Walstreet, but no where near as capable or successful.  Disturbing!

It's proven sociopaths and psychopaths can't be treated. So if you are dealing with someone like that you need to leave it alone and hope he does the same thing. My ex just simply vanished one day with our baby, well she started stalking. Why stalk if you left the person? They are dangerous.

hurting300

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2014, 10:19:59 PM »

WOW you got your baby back I'm assuming?  Absolutely, they cannot be treated.  They are the most dangerous of the dangerous personality disorders.  My ex is as charismatic as Dicaprio's character in The Wolf of Walstreet, but no where near as capable or successful.  Disturbing!

no it's been eight months and we can't locate her. We are searching and I've hired the best experts to profile her. She not a typical BPD by no means. My jaw dropped when they told me about her past. One was the fact she changed her full name back in 2004. She is a professional.

Hope0807

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2014, 05:02:27 PM »

Unreal.  I can't even imagine what you're going through.  I'm so sorry.

no it's been eight months and we can't locate her. We are searching and I've hired the best experts to profile her. She not a typical BPD by no means. My jaw dropped when they told me about her past. One was the fact she changed her full name back in 2004. She is a professional.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest