Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 09:34:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ups and Downs but Still Moving Ahead  (Read 458 times)
nowwhatz

« on: May 12, 2015, 10:22:31 AM »

It has been a while since I posted here and I am happy to say that is not because I have recycled Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)... .like in the past.

Been about 3 months of NC. There have been good days. The month of March was generally good. I stayed active and social and of course overworked in my job.

Since April it has been getting more difficult. Part of the difficulty comes from awareness of how the 4 year r/s took me (and my family) down.  There are a lot of things about myself I just don't like right now and am not sure how that will be handled. 90 days out is about the time when her/I would often begin some contact or recylcle. I imagine it is similiar to an narcotics addict who has been clean for a while and then reminders or temptations sneak up on them.

Thankfully... .my level of dislike for her or her behavior is at an almost all time high. If she contacted me I would not mince words and I think she knows that. I am a little concerned because in my life through it all I have never disliked somebody so much... .almost like a hatred. Have always been a forgiving person and have not experienced this.  Even after my first wife cheated on me and I divorced her I gave up hard feelings about what she had done to me relatively quickly.  I don't want to be bitter but wow it is hard for me to just let go of what my exBPDgf was all about.

In the past... .after every breakup I still had a level of compassion for her and her disease. Now I have zilch. Not sure if that is healthy.

With my work schedule recently it has been a little tough to get out and do anything fun. I went to an mlb game over the weekend with my son which was nice. I am a musician but for 2 months I have barely touched my instruments (although late last night was able to jam on my electronic drum kit to some old school hip hop and enjoyed it... .first time in weeks).  Plenty of work to keep me busy but not much of what others would call a life.

I have let a few people down over various things... .nothing major but not like me.  I feel like my character has changed after being with her and find myself occasionally saying or doing what i need to to survive.  I take that as residue from the r/s and usually feel terrible afterward... .but am aware and trying to keep myself in check.

So there we are. Still muddling along and taking it one day at a time.

Some positives:

Still NC, none, zilch, zero, blocked on FB. nada.

New technology hobby - no big deal to some but I updgraded my smart phone after they were stolen to a samsung note 4 (not piching anything) and have been mildly obsessed with the business and personal applications.

Learned some merengue dancing.

Gone on some crappy dates... .made one new friend out of it.

Had medical exam - all good.

Not giving up on learning Spanish... .made a litle progress.

Some goals:

Get off my butt.   During this 30 day or so rough stretch and because my job has required too much desk work I have not been working out like before. 

Stop the mailaise.  Just been depressed recently.  Had some dreams about the ex over a period of a few days which is always annoying and can wake up in a sad mood. Got to get out of that depressive mode.

Well that is my report for better or worse. Hope it is helpful or informative.  Thank you for all of what you do here.

DyingLove

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 10:44:55 AM »

It has been a while since I posted here and I am happy to say that is not because I have recycled Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)... .like in the past.

Been about 3 months of NC. There have been good days. The month of March was generally good. I stayed active and social and of course overworked in my job.

Since April it has been getting more difficult. Part of the difficulty comes from awareness of how the 4 year r/s took me (and my family) down.  There are a lot of things about myself I just don't like right now and am not sure how that will be handled. 90 days out is about the time when her/I would often begin some contact or recylcle. I imagine it is similiar to an narcotics addict who has been clean for a while and then reminders or temptations sneak up on them.

Thankfully... .my level of dislike for her or her behavior is at an almost all time high. If she contacted me I would not mince words and I think she knows that. I am a little concerned because in my life through it all I have never disliked somebody so much... .almost like a hatred. Have always been a forgiving person and have not experienced this.  Even after my first wife cheated on me and I divorced her I gave up hard feelings about what she had done to me relatively quickly.  I don't want to be bitter but wow it is hard for me to just let go of what my exBPDgf was all about.

In the past... .after every breakup I still had a level of compassion for her and her disease. Now I have zilch. Not sure if that is healthy.

With my work schedule recently it has been a little tough to get out and do anything fun. I went to an mlb game over the weekend with my son which was nice. I am a musician but for 2 months I have barely touched my instruments (although late last night was able to jam on my electronic drum kit to some old school hip hop and enjoyed it... .first time in weeks).  Plenty of work to keep me busy but not much of what others would call a life.

I have let a few people down over various things... .nothing major but not like me.  I feel like my character has changed after being with her and find myself occasionally saying or doing what i need to to survive.  I take that as residue from the r/s and usually feel terrible afterward... .but am aware and trying to keep myself in check.

So there we are. Still muddling along and taking it one day at a time.

Some positives:

Still NC, none, zilch, zero, blocked on FB. nada.

New technology hobby - no big deal to some but I updgraded my smart phone after they were stolen to a samsung note 4 (not piching anything) and have been mildly obsessed with the business and personal applications.

Learned some merengue dancing.

Gone on some crappy dates... .made one new friend out of it.

Had medical exam - all good.

Not giving up on learning Spanish... .made a litle progress.

Some goals:

Get off my butt.   :)uring this 30 day or so rough stretch and because my job has required too much desk work I have not been working out like before. 

Stop the mailaise.  Just been depressed recently.  Had some dreams about the ex over a period of a few days which is always annoying and can wake up in a sad mood. Got to get out of that depressive mode.

Well that is my report for better or worse. Hope it is helpful or informative.  Thank you for all of what you do here.

Very Good NowWhatz.  I'm similar but not exact.  It's good to hear your progress and even your setbacks sound common and like you are on your way to getting over them too.

My R/S was 4 years also, I'm N/C sucessfully since B/U, with minor snooping on fb but no direct contact.  I find it very hard getting over her too.  My anger and compassion are unpredictable at times as well.  Your positives are really good, but I'm BLAH a lot of the time through everything.  Guess maybe I'm not far enuff out yet.  Thanks for sharing all your stuff with us.  It's inspirational to us sufferers.  :-)
Mike-X

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: living apart

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 12:51:15 PM »

Thank you for posting this update!  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

It is good to hear about the progress and investments in your well-being.

A couple of things:

I have found that my resentment tends to pop-up when I allow the stresses of life (mostly work, the house, etc.) to overwhelm me. At those times, I think that I am somewhat scapegoating, putting some of the blame on the partner who was supposed to be there for "help and support" but "abandoned me".

When I catch myself thinking negatively like this, I pause and think through the list of things that I have to do. Again, I usually find that I have what seems to be an overwhelming list of things with high priority things at work. I then try to prioritize what I have. I then have to humbly, smile and accept that I can only get to them one at a time when I can and that the house might get a little dusty and grass might get a little tall while I finish work projects that are paying the bills, etc. I might then say "damn this disorder" and smile and carry on. 

With respect to exercise, have you had a chance to look through youtube for workout videos? I have discovered a number of good 7-20 minute (and up of course) yoga and other workout videos. So far, I have managed to stick with working through one a day, and I really feel a difference.
sirensong65

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 04:38:48 PM »

Hi Nowwhatz,

I don't post that much anymore, but I wanted to chime in here and say I feel so much of what you say.  But my break up was almost two years ago.  My, how the time flies when you are depressed.

I too, still find myself dialing it in at work at times.  I take on too many projects... .mainly to stay busy and feel vital, then get overwhelmed.  But it is better than too much time on my hands... .to think, to remember, to find myself back there again... .in my mind.

I have also had a series of days where I dreamed about him, and the replacement.  Wake up tired and depressed and less confident.

I started on St. Johns Wart about 8 weeks ago.  I noticed my sleep has improved and I do not ruminate as much as I did.  Honestly, I would wake up and start the day thinking about it over and over til my head hit the pillow. I thought I was seriously losing it.

So, progress, Yes.  Slower than I ever would imagine?  Yes, friends have been and continue to be concerned because I can't date.  I try and then if I meet someone, I find a way to cancel dates til I just drop off the edge again.  Not sure when I will feel like a woman who can love and trust again.  But for now, I don't always dread waking up.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest