Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 02:15:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Things my ex said to me  (Read 580 times)
confusedinWI

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2015, 12:28:29 PM »

"you're my forever love" (after the break up, talking about how easy it was for her to talk to a random dude at the bar when she was seeking validation. I guess forever was only two weeks because then she moved on)

search4peace

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2015, 02:26:54 PM »

The last night we had sex, 2d before the b/u, she said to me, while wrapped in my arms... .

"No matter what happens with us, I will alway love you"

almost precient, as if she knew things were going to unravel. Now it seems as if she said that as a prelude to, or a downpayment on keeping me hooked. 

Just the way I see things now... .

Madison66

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2015, 04:24:13 PM »

There were obviously things that she said in an emotionally stable state that were happy and positive, but there were also things she said that were so f'd up they stuck with me.  Here are some examples:

Early on she'd say "I will leave you and I always want you to come after me".  Yeah, big BPD  Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post)!

Numerous times during the r/s she'd say to me "I just don't see our lives together in the future".  She could never fully explain what that meant.

One time seconds after we were physically intimate, she said to me "I feel like sex is the only thing you share with me that you don't share with your D". That one will always stick with me as the weirdest thing she ever said to me!

A few weeks later, I had a special dinner with my teen D after not seeing her for a couple weeks.  During the dinner, my ex gf "sexted" a couple times.  I didn't look at my phone during the dinner, but checked it after to find graphic texts that my ex gf sent while she knew I was at dinner with my kid.  When I confronted her that night, she said "you are lucky to have a woman who'll send you notes like that!" Absolutely not acknowledgement that the timing was completely inappropriate and disrespectful.

A couple weeks before I left the r/s for good, we were on a flight back from NYC and she was going on about how I needed to participate in an outing with her and her kids where the kids have had major meltdowns in the past.  I mean crazy stuff.  So, I told her that we needed to change things up this year for my own mental health.  She resisted and I finally asked her if she had any empathy for how I must feel when witnessing such rages by her kids?  I totally believe she modeled for them and they thought this was how one should act.  She looked at me manufacturing some fake tears and said "I don't know how to be empathetic". This came from a 43 year old woman!

During our last confrontation, I attempted to leave the room when she wouldn't stop with a rant.  She followed me pushing her way through a door and pushing me hard against a wall.  This was the second time she had done this in less than a few weeks.  I pushed her off of me and yelled at her that she couldn't do that and that it is physical abuse.  She then said "I did it because I love you".  That was the same thing she said the first time she did it.  Classic words of an abuser!  She never got a chance to say those words again.

I've been in a healthy r/s with a fabulous non PD lady for nearly nine months and she doesn't say any  these wacky things... .
Trog

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2015, 04:56:02 PM »

What my ex said to me is simply total Horse shiv, sometimes cruel, sometimes mocking then loving, then something else. Im in a process now of devaluing the words. She spoke so much and with so much utter crap, working out what was real or trying to decide is just not serving me. Her words and actions NEVER matched and it left me utterly confused and chasing my tail.

With a PD ex, actions could for 100X that of words. Her actions leave me in no doubt as to how important our marriage is and how valued I am.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest