Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 03:50:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forever Young  (Read 337 times)
Conundrum

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: May 28, 2015, 01:52:11 PM »

Driving her to rehab, I look across at her sleeping form. Mouth agape, disheveled hair, tattered clothes, bruised arms at injection site--the woman I used to be "in-love" with is now a pregnant tweaker mess.

Studying her face (she hardly ever wears makeup), I cannot help notice that this woman of 35, who has abused herself and trashed her life in every horrific way imaginable still does not look a day over 25.

At 26, when I met her, asking for an ID to verify that she was legal--she appeared to be about 17.

Preternaturally young.

As the mountains recede, and we enter the valley, it crosses my mind that arrested development may like the Picture of Dorian Gray hold the dark key to the fountain of youth. In exchange for eternal youth/beauty--one is afflicted with a disorder manifesting traits resembling perpetual childhood.

I've often noticed that those (even in very elderly people) who retain childlike qualities--frequently appear much more youthful than others.

This disorder, commonly arising from the ashes of childhood trauma--traps childlike emotions and impulses into the bodies of grown adults. They not only retain juvenile qualities, but those qualities appear to be almost hard-wired within their beings. Perhaps they can be described as "forever young."

I'm curious whether this anomaly is a singular experience that I have taken notice of in my XSOwBPD or whether there is some broader anecdotal evidence for this peculiar phenomenon?

Did your pwBPD appear to elude the laws of nature and remain preternaturally young?     
fromheeltoheal

Relationship status: Broken up, I left her

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 03:09:51 PM »

Yes.  I see a distinction between young and immature, and my ex was both, although she could parrot 'adult' convincingly.  I'm no beacon of maturity myself, but teenage seems teenage, even to an adult child like me.  The distributed wisdom is that emotional development stops when the order becomes the disorder, and that manifested in part by my ex being intimidated by her daughter, who was 17 and about to pass her mother in maturation, a daughter she had not much prior called her best friend.  Sad that.

But the other piece is young.  My ex was 45 and could pass for early thirties, could still pull off 'cute' well, and my theory is that ability comes out of a borderline's need to attach; youthful attractiveness as an attachment tool is not only nice but absolutely required, and we tend to get our musts.  She's coming up on 50 now, the kids are gone, and I wonder sometimes what her life looks like, how has she adapted, or not.

It's been a while conundrum, last we spoke she was off with some derelict, and now you're driving her to rehab.  Sounds like progress, or at least progression, wish you the best man.
Fr4nz

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 03:26:41 PM »

Driving her to rehab, I look across at her sleeping form. Mouth agape, disheveled hair, tattered clothes, bruised arms at injection site--the woman I used to be "in-love" with is now a pregnant tweaker mess.

Studying her face (she hardly ever wears makeup), I cannot help notice that this woman of 35, who has abused herself and trashed her life in every horrific way imaginable still does not look a day over 25.

At 26, when I met her, asking for an ID to verify that she was legal--she appeared to be about 17.

Preternaturally young.

As the mountains recede, and we enter the valley, it crosses my mind that arrested development may like the Picture of Dorian Gray hold the dark key to the fountain of youth. In exchange for eternal youth/beauty--one is afflicted with a disorder manifesting traits resembling perpetual childhood.

I've often noticed that those (even in very elderly people) who retain childlike qualities--frequently appear much more youthful than others.

This disorder, commonly arising from the ashes of childhood trauma--traps childlike emotions and impulses into the bodies of grown adults. They not only retain juvenile qualities, but those qualities appear to be almost hard-wired within their beings. Perhaps they can be described as "forever young."

I'm curious whether this anomaly is a singular experience that I have taken notice of in my XSOwBPD or whether there is some broader anecdotal evidence for this peculiar phenomenon?

Did your pwBPD appear to elude the laws of nature and remain preternaturally young?    

In the case of my pwBPDgf, from a physical point of view no. She had the age she demonstrated. However, I have to add that she took great care of her physical aspect.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest