Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 07:32:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did anyone elses exBPD do this?  (Read 494 times)
Hindsight2020

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: June 20, 2015, 10:37:34 PM »

My exBPD of a year self harmed in the way of picking at her skin. She described it by the term Dermatillomania. She would end up with marks all over her body, but most notably on her legs.

The biggest shock was about a few months into the relationship she would begin picking at my skin as well. Weither I was asleep or awake, she would attempt to do this. Early on I would stop her, but eventually I became numb to it and  I let it happen. She would insist that I had pimples there that I probably haven't seen, but I haven't had a problem with acne since early high school. I'm 26 now. It also made it suspicious due to the fact that she would do this for long periods of time. I would arrive at her place after a long day at work, and she would pull up my shirt and look at me with an eerily overexcited smile. I never ever liked her doing this; it just became one of the only ways to make her happy. She has left a few permanent marks on my body which almost serve as a reminder to what I went through with her.

Has anyone else had an exBPD that picked at their skin?
Pretty Woman

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

The Greatest Love is the Love You Give Yourself

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 10:39:13 PM »

Yes. That is so weird. She would pick at my skin all the time. Weird. Never thought about it.

DyingLove

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 12:43:01 PM »

Okay, this is a longshot but:  My ex would ALWAYS tweeze hair out of my ears, nose, face and anywhere that she could find a hair out of line.  Some blemishes too.  And not to get too personal, she had no problem keeping my "bikini" line area(s) trimmed too.  Is this something to BPD or just being Mamma MonkeY?
disorderedsociety

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 01:06:34 PM »

Lol mine used to squeeze blackheads on my back "my mom used to have me do this for her as a kid" and I never realized she was projecting that relationship onto me, scary stuff.

She also would forcefully come at me with tweezers and cause I loved her I'd let her do it cause she obviously got satisfaction from it but it *%$#ing hurt!

Wow so many parallels!
RedDove

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 02:48:11 PM »

My ex BPDbf scratched excema on his arms and legs until it would bleed! I first discovered it when he started sleeping over my house. I found blood on the sheets and comforter. He'd do it when we were trying to fall asleep... .scratch, scratch, scratch! In the winter he would scratch it so hard he'd sometimes develop a MRSA infection.

The scratching drove me nuts cause I couldn't get to sleep. I bought a jar of special cream and kept it on the shelf of the headboard. Whenever he started scratching, I'd turn on the nightlight and hand him the jar of cream! Little did I know at the time that he suffered from BPD and it was a release (self harm) for him!
Targeted
Formerly CaresAboutSomeoneLikeThis

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 08:32:06 PM »

Mine used to chew and pick at the skin around both thumbs until bleeding
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest