Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 07:40:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally i enjoy life  (Read 348 times)
hibye

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: December 03, 2015, 12:01:34 PM »

Hello all, my SO was suffering from BPD, we broke up and for the past 7 months she has moved in with my replacement.

Joining this forum, reading articles and books was a way for me to start healing. Knowing who i am, why i behave-d like this and the connection with my childhood was vital. When i acknowledged my faults I started feeling more secure and committed to change. I Started respecting and loving me, forgiving her-us for what we've been through.

Afterwards i found a new gf at the perfect timing. Our relationship is just flowing without pushing things. She respects me and make me feel wanted. We are so happy together that i have no reason to be stuck in the past. I love my ex, she was a part of my life, a part that helped me learn myself and be a better person and i owe this to her.

A week ago she sent me a message but i didn't respond. I may respond if she insists but without making a conversation. I want her to be well and that's it.

Hope you all find something to fulfill you because you all deserve it. We just can't match with anybody so move on  Smiling (click to insert in post) Take care
hopealways
aka moving4ward

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 01:41:04 PM »

Nice to hear you are doing well.  Seems like 6 months is the minimum time we need to move forward, although it is different for everyone.  Also, the concept of forgiveness and accepting responsibility seem to have helped you move forward. I hope they will also help me to move forward.
Kelli Cornett
^

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 01:47:35 PM »

Everyone's healing process is different.

Ronald E Cornett, Kelli Cornet, Kelley Lyne Freeman,

kellicornett@hotmail.com, kelfreemanfreeman@aol.com, kelleyfree@yahoo.com
Michelle27

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 02:12:33 PM »

Everyone's healing process is different.

Yes, it is.  I had begun detaching for the last year or two of my marriage but didn't work on healing until a few months before we separated.  The separation was part of my healing journey.  A few months into the separation, I met the man I've been seeing and I was crystal clear with him that I wasn't looking for a serious relationship, the damage of my past and that I was on a healing journey.  We decided to just go with it and see what happens.  He has actually helped me a lot in healing, is respectful and understanding when things come up as a result of my past and does a great job being patient when I need that.  He's helping me work through my co-dependence, PTSD like symptoms and we are both learning as we go.  We are both aware that this may not work long term, but in the meantime, it's nice having someone who respects me totally, is open and honest and is the first man in my life who has ever filled a "protector" type role.  It's not always easy, but it's been definitely healing.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest