Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 10:51:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: today I stood my ground ...  (Read 321 times)
Chelsea 69

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: May 03, 2016, 03:25:20 PM »

Last week I ask my BPD if it was OK to take our child to his first football  involving his our favourite team which ment his staying an extra night this is after I agree this week he could stay an extra night giving his mother more time to work on my replacement. To cut a long story short on returning our son back I was told two nights is long for her .mmm so was told I couldn't take our son to watch football after all ... upset angry to say the least I left before I said something I might regret. .nc since then until till today I have 6 miss called on number with held knowing it was my BPD controlling contact even now it rang I answered right on que the first words were you can take him for two night now ... oops sorry already  made other plans ... what do you mean you have plans ... the best part she comes out with when we're you going to tell me ... .hold on you told me Saturday that he was not going ... .blame well we all no who got that ... got to laugh she now tells me she has things to do so you can have him as much as it's pains me inside I reply sorry he is your son as you tell me more than I dare to say ... so when the time comes when you realise he's my son to and treat him as such then we can come to some arrangement until then we have no reason for contact. ... it may look or seem harsh on my son but that's what he is my son not a toy or weapon I'm in a lot of hurt writing this post and hoping not to be judged as a man walking away from my resopabilitys cos that is the one thing I'll never do
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 10:36:01 PM »

hi Chelsea 69 

this is a tough situation and i dont think anyone here would judge you as a man walking away from his responsibilities. its no easy task to set or maintain boundaries with a person with BPD, especially when your child is caught in the middle. have you had the opportunity to read up boundaries? you can do so here: BOUNDARIES - Living our values 

BOUNDARIES: Case studies 

there are no silver bullets or guarantees, but there are ways to better navigate the difficulties of coparenting that can make the situation more manageable. you might also consider discussing your situation on our coparenting board, which you can find here: https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?board=9.0

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest