Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 12:31:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Something horrible has just happened  (Read 378 times)
Sadly

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Very Single

« on: June 01, 2016, 11:35:01 AM »

Today hasn't been a bad day, am packing house ready to move and very busy but have been reading a lot on here and have found myself trying to be positive for others which is nice.

My ex has had a job interview looming and have spent last few days texting, and emailing to him bolstering him up, coming up with answers for him as he hates and is afraid of interviews and really wants this job. He sailed through it and couldn't thank me enough for the help and support and says even if he doesn't get the job he won't be as afraid of interviews again. He had been told if he doesn't hear about job today it will be next week as person is on holiday Thursday and Friday.

He clearly hasn't heard. As always when stress hits him he turns on me and yet I still get surprised by it. Have just had the nastiest set of texts full of vitriolic comments, bang, out of the blue, am weird, swiping at him, nasty, you name it. I sent o e back saying what are you talking about but no reply. Here's the horrible bit, I just curled up in the tiniest ball and sobbed my heart out. Thought I had got over that months ago, I have cried but not like that anymore. I wanted someone to hold me and hug me and love me and make it all better. I became a wee little girl again and wanted my mum more than anything in the world. I don't have anyone. My friends are hundreds of miles away, my brothers at sea, I am among strangers. I had to write this because I don't know what else to do. I don't like this. I'm not a grown woman with an engineering degree and a car and a home and a little cat, I'm a hurt baby girl and I want to be safe and loved. Help me this isn't normal.

Never let someone be your priority whilst you remain their option
Fr4nz

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 11:52:08 AM »

Today hasn't been a bad day, am packing house ready to move and very busy but have been reading a lot on here and have found myself trying to be positive for others which is nice.

My ex has had a job interview looming and have spent last few days texting, and emailing to him bolstering him up, coming up with answers for him as he hates and is afraid of interviews and really wants this job. He sailed through it and couldn't thank me enough for the help and support and says even if he doesn't get the job he won't be as afraid of interviews again. He had been told if he doesn't hear about job today it will be next week as person is on holiday Thursday and Friday.

He clearly hasn't heard. As always when stress hits him he turns on me and yet I still get surprised by it. Have just had the nastiest set of texts full of vitriolic comments, bang, out of the blue, am weird, swiping at him, nasty, you name it. I sent o e back saying what are you talking about but no reply. Here's the horrible bit, I just curled up in the tiniest ball and sobbed my heart out. Thought I had got over that months ago, I have cried but not like that anymore. I wanted someone to hold me and hug me and love me and make it all better. I became a wee little girl again and wanted my mum more than anything in the world. I don't have anyone. My friends are hundreds of miles away, my brothers at sea, I am among strangers. I had to write this because I don't know what else to do. I don't like this. I'm not a grown woman with an engineering degree and a car and a home and a little cat, I'm a hurt baby girl and I want to be safe and loved. Help me this isn't normal.

You have us Sadly

You're not alone and you are a wonderful woman... .he's spewing those vitriolic comments due to the disorder... .I know it's hard, but don't take those personally. A big hug!
Sadly

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 12:08:04 PM »

Thank you Fr4nz but I think he's right. I'm weird, not normal, this isn't normal, not rational, I'm gone mentally ill too. I'm not a baby but I am a baby, I don't know what's happening. I can't have my mum back she died years ago. I'm not feeling right.

schwing
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: married to a non

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 12:22:46 PM »

Hi Sadly,

As always when stress hits him he turns on me and yet I still get surprised by it. Have just had the nastiest set of texts full of vitriolic comments, bang, out of the blue, am weird, swiping at him, nasty, you name it. I sent o e back saying what are you talking about but no reply.

I don't know if it helps know this now (maybe later) but people with BPD (pwBPD) "split" people; that is, they see them as either "all good" or "all bad" with no shades of grey.  Now, this *includes* themselves.  They will see themselves as either "perfect" or "worthless" with no gradation or balance between positive and negative traits.  So when stress hits him, or whenever he receives information that leads him to see himself as "all bad" or "worthless" then it hits him pretty hard.  This is why some pwBPD can be extremely depressed and turn to suicide.  But at some point, it gets overwhelming for them and they "project" it outside of themselves.  And instead of devaluing themselves, they choose to devalue other people (preferably those closest to them).  This is one of their defense mechanisms which protects their fragile psyche.

Here's the horrible bit, I just curled up in the tiniest ball and sobbed my heart out. Thought I had got over that months ago, I have cried but not like that anymore. I wanted someone to hold me and hug me and love me and make it all better. I became a wee little girl again and wanted my mum more than anything in the world. I don't have anyone. My friends are hundreds of miles away, my brothers at sea, I am among strangers. I had to write this because I don't know what else to do. I don't like this. I'm not a grown woman with an engineering degree and a car and a home and a little cat, I'm a hurt baby girl and I want to be safe and loved. Help me this isn't normal.

Now if he was always like this, you wouldn't have touched him with a 10 foot pole.  But obviously he was not always like this.  In fact in the beginning he was probably never like this.  Which leads me to describe another quality I've observed about pwBPD: they can be extremely adept at getting others to form very strong attachments to them.  Part of it is their ability to "mirror" others, to get other people to believe that they are so well suited to be with them.  They can have such malleable (changeable) personality traits; my exBPDgf once described herself as a "chameleon" which made no sense to me at the time because with me she was always consistently who I thought she was -- I didn't realize that when she was with other people, she was very different.  This ability to change themselves to suit other people helps others form deep attachments to them.

I believe another way that they can connect so deeply with us is perhaps they are (can be) incredibly perceptive at ferreting out our vulnerabilities, our inner wounds.  I wonder sometimes if they do not specifically seek out people with other deep (childhood) wounds.  They connect with us at that level, and for a time, make us feel like they can heal those hurts.  But they can't.  They have their own wounds to heal - and they expect us to heal them without us ever having any idea what they are.

So, yes.  I know that this fellow said hurtful things to you.  But I am certain that if anyone else were to say such things to you, it might also hurt but not nearly as much.  It is because *he* said these things.

Again, I don't know if this will be very helpful now -- but perhaps eventually.  This fellow has helped you become aware that there is a part of you that has been hurting (perhaps for some time).  Perhaps it was a part of you that you were only barely conscious of, or not even so.  But it is there.  And right now it is hurting.

The good news is that you are not a child.  You are a very capable adult woman.  And if you were ever to find a wounded hurting child, you would have many resources that you can make available to help this child.  And you have found such a child.  Your inner child, as they say.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes, Schwing

Sadly

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 01:10:12 PM »

Hello Schwing

Thank you. Yes he did make me feel those things, did the pedestal bit too but only for a matter of weeks until he discovered I wasn't perfect, all the classic BPD stuff that I didn't have a clue about so was in mental turmoil for months until I found this site. I know I have deep seated childhood issues, constant rape from my paternal grandfather when I was small, the loss of my own children. I had and have come to terms and dealt with things over the years. I have eventually spoken out about them months ago on here. I have codependency issues and have discovered slight BPD traits in myself though I am fairly sure these weren't there before but have rubbed off slightly. I have had so much help from everyone here and am eternally grateful to everyone. I don't know how or why this just happened to me as I thought I had got through and past the devastated stages. I am feeling a bit more normal now. It was such a shock to find myself on the floor again. I don't think even in my worst moments I actually regressed to being that tiny child like that, it was very frightening. Thank you so much for being here. x

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest