Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 12:32:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Here... Looking for support while I attempt to end things with my GF.  (Read 536 times)
Lynn324

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: January 02, 2017, 07:59:16 AM »

I don't know when my life just went so wrong. I will say that I myself consider myself a pretty well rounded gal. I've a little PTSD that I've sought help for and I continue to recover from. Self improvement is on going.
Lynn324

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 08:27:43 AM »

I don't know when my life just went so wrong. I will say that I myself consider myself a pretty well rounded gal. I've a little PTSD that I've sought help for and I continue to recover from. Self improvement is on going.
My current GF (even though she refuses to label it that) met last year. We dated for 3 months and I was treated like dirt the entire three months. I finall walked away in June 2016. I took some trips to get my head back on. Two months later on my birthday I get a funny birthday message from her, going against my better judgement I texted back. Boom, we were back in each others lives, things were different, things were good... .Still no label on what we were. Having sex and hanging out and she invited me to her Bffs wedding, in which I went. We would hang out and shed call me her girl. Thanksgiving came and we went to each others parents, big step! The week after I barely heard from her. She finally texts me from a bar alone, telling me she was feeling very low and confused and overwhelmed. I finally dropped by the next day we talked and I pretty much ended it that night. Shes like my friends are waiting on me I have to go... Then mumbles to herself way to go K on ruining another relationship but goes out anyway. She just let me go after she just told me she loved me. She said she was having suicidal thoughts also. So the next morning... .i freak and go over there. I love her so much. We talk and shes like look I dont want acrelationship but I want to continue to see you. I agreed and since then, shes accused me of cheating ( which is absolutely rediculous) and she wants to see my messages to people. Im like we are not together so no and that my privacy. Ever since I told her NO she cant see my messages shes treated me badly, binge drinking this past week, staying out all hours... .She looks at me like she hates me now... .Im so confused. I love her so much but her pushing me away, thinking awful things that are not true about me hurts so bad. I finally had to join this group to let this out. I know she truly cares and has said she loves me in the past.  She does not know she has BPD, she thinks she maybe bipolar with adhd. My therapist and myself strongly agree she has BPD, but she refuses any therapy.  Her mood swings are intense, afraid to death to be close to anyone, trust no one. She always needs her space. She has bouts of feeling bigger then life and an ego to match, then real lows. Shes afraid to lose me, but more afraid to keep me. I finally told her I feel as if its no big deal if I leave, shes like it aint because everyone does... .Im used to it, she said. At that moment i really had no idea what to do. If anyone could shed some light on this that be great... .Thank you!   ( sorry it didnt post entire message)
formflier
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 09:23:44 AM »

Welcome

I'm glad you found us.  If you poke around here a bit you will see stories similar to yours.

First of all, I want to give you a big thumbs up for maintaining your privacy!   Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

I would encourage you to maintain that, regardless of r/s status with anyone.  Once I did this, my life got much simpler.

Please stick around for a while and learn more about the traits this person is showing you.  The behaviors and most (except for you maintaining your privacy Doing the right thing (click to insert in post) ) of your responses are classic.

If she "calmed down" would you want a r/s with her? 

Take a few minutes and think about what you want.  Write that to us... .from there we can help you figure out your next step.

You have found a safe place... .we can help.

FF

lovenature

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 10:39:00 PM »

Welcome Lynn

It sounds like she has BPD or at least traits of the disorder from what you have said.
I suggest you think about (list) all of the bad vs. good in your relationship with her, and decide what is best for YOU.
It is very hard to end things with a PWBPD, I believe complete NC is best for both partners if possible.
Reading and learning about this awful disorder helped me a lot, then focusing on why I got into and stayed in an unhealthy relationship-very painful but helpful.
ynwa

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 09:33:57 AM »

Hello Lynn,

Thank you for sharing and asking for help. You are going through this and as you said "self improvement is ongoing".

Lynn324

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 08:09:34 AM »

Thank you all for a response! Taking time out and reading this and replying!
 To answer some questions... .If she calmed down, the answer would be a definate yes!
She has returned to work and is back taking her meds, which is adderal. The other day without meds she finally got a hold of me and asked if i wanted to see a movie and I got to pick. Then afterwards we went bowling with my friends, which we had a great time. She even held my hand and kissed it, saying I had a great vacation. I got to spend time with my friends, my mom and you, she was satisfied.
We are back on our work routine, where we see each other twice a week. She really needs her space yet we live 3 minutes from each other. 
When she is out of control this is usually the responses i get.

Me: why dont you invite me out with your friends?
Her: doesnt really reply. Then gets very loud and confrontational... .I do what I want, when I want. If your gonna pick a fight you cant just get F out.
Me: calling her
Her: picks up phone like ... .WHAT? ( shouting)
Me: i just wanted to stop by and get my chargee that I left.
Her: WHERE ARE YOU? Shouting... .
Me. Calm down, why are you so angry
Her: i dont know... .How long before you get here... .

This is the dialogue when she things dont go her way or as planned. She later calmed down and we went out and had fun.   
How can I get her to go to therapy?  She can never tell me why she gets so mad. Her neighbors are afraid of her. A dog came on her porch she flipped out on the neighbor, cussing and screaming and called the cops because the neighbors friendly dog came up to the porch. I felt so embarrased... .As the neighbor she was yelling at had no legs, wheelchair bound. She cd of cared less... .
babyducks

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 07:00:05 PM »

Hi Lynn324,

welcome.   I am glad you are here with us.   I am not sure how much you know about BPD as an illness.   There is some great reading in the side bar that runs down the right hand side of your screen.   I would suggest you start at the top.

People with Borderline Personality Disorder (pwBPD) have harmfully intense emotions, painfully intense emotions and very little impulse control.   Where you and I might feel annoyance they feel great anger, where you and I feel uneasy or frightened they are completely terrified.    These intense emotions usually cause a great deal of conflict for the people around them.

It is not normally recommended that you tell someone you think they might have the traits of BPD.   There are very good reasons for this.   pwBPD feel defective to start, they have a lot of shame and self loathing to begin with.   at some level they understand their reactions are different and they push this knowledge away, sometimes violently.    It is not just a matter of saying why don't you go to therapy ?and your GF saying you know I really think I should.    Unfortunately it's a lot more complicated than that.    As you post and read more here, things will pop out at you.   As you learn more, you'll know how to better handle that conversation if it should ever arise.

Have you ever heard of validation?    Validation is recognizing and accepting another person's thoughts, feelings, and behaviors as understandable.   It doesn't mean agreeing or approving of them, only that you understand.

In the snippet you gave,  your girlfriend is emotionally dsyregulated.   Her intense emotions have run away with her.    Telling her to calm down is very invalidating.    I know you were trying to be helpful and logical.   She can't calm down.   Pointing this out to her, first negates the importance of her feelings and second tells her she doesn't have the right to be angry.    Invalidation raises emotional reactivity.   which you have probably noticed by yourself.

pwBPD live with a lot of emotional instability because they have no or very little ability to regulate their own emotions.   That's a hard concept to grasp.    when I am upset I go for a walk or eat a chocolate donut.  the donut always works for me.   pwBPD look to external sources to soothe or regulate their emotions.   Usually the person who is closest to them.

Does that make sense?   Does that fit with what you have been experiencing?

'ducks

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us.
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 07:48:18 PM »

How can I get her to go to therapy?  She can never tell me why she gets so mad. 

Lynn324,

Getting them to go to therapy is sort of a quest for the holy grail.  (not quite that bad... .but close)

I hope you will focus on reading lessons and posting her for a while, to first understand your role in the relationship.  It is likely that a few changes that you make, could help calm things... .and once things are calmer... .perhaps a discussion can be had about "going to therapy".

At the level of dysregulation she seems to be at in these posts, it is unlikely that there can be a good outcome of any conversation with her.  (as you found out... .)

What would happen if in your communication example you didn't call her.  She tells you she will do what she wants... .and you don't respond.

Does that type of thing need to be responded too?

FF

taty1124

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2017, 11:50:33 PM »

Hey Lynn324,
Welcome! Let me tell you what a God send this website has been. I finally have something to go on. The hot and cold behavior, the I hate you but I love you statements that come out of my gf mouth have made me feel out of control. Just as an example, yesterday she tells me that no matter what she says, no matter what she does we will always be together and she will NEVER let me go. She loves me, can't do it without me etc... .today I received a formal eviction notice from her so I have thirty days to vacate the premises. Enough to drive people to drink... .and heavily. Bottom line is you aren't alone. This website keeps you sane while dealing with the highs and lows. It will teach you new things and you will be able to relate to others. It truly has been a God send
I wish you luck and look forward to seeing you here again
Lynn324

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 12:15:47 AM »

Ducks,
That totally fits!  I now do not react to things when she is gets like this. I simply stay quiet and try to move to another subject.  Even when I was saying calm down, i knew that was the wrong thing to say, but her bff says it to her and she immediately quiets down, but not without a quick rebuttle. Her emotions are ALL over the place. Im questioning my mind at this point... .Why am I still with her? I dont deserve this, but on the other hand... .No one deserves this disorder or to be abandoned due to it. Its hard watching her love me one day and the next not even contact me. Shes kind of possessive, even though were not in a relationship. Im lthinking if after a year you dont want a relationship then what are we doing? And you shouldnt be jealous of people I talk with. She has said before... .I guess i truly want my cake and eat it too.  Lol at least she was honest.  Anytime we get close she makes sure she becomes distant pyrely out of fear.  I felt the moment she was actually vulnerable once... .i knew from that moment shed pull away.  I dont want to fix her, but I want her to know shes loved no matter how "crazy" she may act. But I also dont want to be a pushover. Im so close to ending this and I dont want too. I dont want to abandone her as I love her very much.  Hmmm... .And this is why Im just trying to work on me... .All of this rings so true for what Im facing.  How can u set boundaries on someone with BPD?
Lynn324

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2017, 12:40:49 AM »

Furthermore , major question. Why after a year of seeing each other and for all intensive purpose are together ... .Why wont she commit to a relationship? It makes me feel insecure and makes me always wonder if there may be aomeone else... .Just so frustrated and tired. Im trying to hold on... .
babyducks

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2017, 04:58:03 AM »

Hi Lynn

Boundaries work best when they are about us, our values, our feelings and are not attempts to control or modify some one else's behavior.

a potential boundary could look like this: 'when we spend time together and then I don't hear from you for a couple of days at a time I feel unsettled and insecure , I would like to stay in contact even if it is just an I am okay text.'

another boundary could look like 'respecting privacy is important to me because it recognizes me as an individual (value)  I won't share messages because it feels wrong to me to do so'.

Boundaries are hard.   pwBPD have a heightened sensitivity to rejection and a difficult time hearing the word No.   in my experience that looked like this:   when ever my partner wanted something, a new bed, a new place to live, a night out on the town, and I either couldn't do it, or just plain didn't want to do it and said No all heck broke loose.   To her it felt like I was invalidating her needs/wants.    pwBPD have high validations needs, and truthfully so do we probably,  that's why the honeymoon phase of idealization felt so wonderful to us.

saying 'oh boy it would be nice to have a brand new bigger bed, still the timing of a major purchase doesn't look good right now' recognized my partner's need/want.    it was validating.   if I had just said 'No I don't want a major purchase right now', things would have degraded into a needs entitlement war,  her need for a new bed against my need for financial planning.  Make sense?

As to why she won't commit to a relationship,   very hard to say with 100% certainty.   Still there is a likelihood that she is attempting to manage the tension of wanting a relationship and fearing a relationship.   Understanding BPD takes some work, it is often counter intuitive of how we think things should be.   People with BPD want a relationship, desperately.   Often they want to be loved in the ways that they weren't as a child, with that unconditional all embracing love that a mother would provide.   On the other hand, people always fail them, no one loves them enough or perfectly.   No one can fill that empty void inside them.  On the other hand they don't like to be alone.    But when they are close to someone they have a hard time maintaining their own individuality, they will pick up the characteristics and attributes of the person they are with and that's uncomfortable too... .they fear engulfment.   so push/pull, push/pull.   just like taty said;  I love you go away,  I hate you don't leave me.   Push/pull is a coping trait to manage fear.   Maladaptive to be sure.   The more you participate in the push/pull cycles the more gas is being added to the fire.   It's hard to be consistent in the face of this type of pressure.   So it's important to identify, realistically what the relationship will be like and what you are willing to accept.    This is a good place to do that.

Does that begin to answer your questions?
'ducks

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us.
Lynn324

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2017, 08:18:15 AM »

Push pull is what this has been. The more it cycles, the more gas is added to the fire? If this is the case how do I stop it or rather stop adding gas to the fire. 
She goes out a lot with friends and never invites me. Stays out til 6 in the morning and for the most part tells me everything that happened when I see her next.  Its like why cant I hang with you and your friends. She has said once that her friends are crazy and I wouldnt fit in. A lot of times she refers to a goody goody.  Yes i have a career, yes I went to college, was in the military for 10 years as well. She on otherhand works for a car factory, graduated from high school and makes okay money.  She often says Im judgemental... .Which Im not what so ever.  Just because Ive done alright doesnt mean im judging you or your friends. She makes this all up.  When we are out with her friends her famous line is ... .No you guys Lynn doesnt understand what we go through at work. Im like damn really?  When she says these things I stay quiet and think... .Your right I dint understand your work dynamic... .Just like you dont inderstand what its like to go to war... .But i dont ever say you dont understand.  Right now the relationship is Fwbs. But heaven for bid someone comment on my facebook page, shell be wondering and then accuse me of all sorts of stuff. I JUST WANT TO SCREAM... .We are not in a relationship, because you cant do a relationship.  But yet Im supposed act like we are. Its crazy... .
babyducks

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2017, 04:00:01 PM »

Hi Again Lynn,

I can appreciate your frustration.    Conflicting messages, push/pull behavior, covert emotional abuse takes a toll on the strongest of us.   

What I meant when I said the more it cycles the more gas is added to the fire is this:   the more you participate in the drama the more fuel the drama has because now two people are feeding the fire.   

My partner once said to me "it's not enough for you to tell me you understand my feelings you need to do something about them".    Yeah no I don't.   That's not my job.   My job is to take care of my feelings.   

If something is going on that makes me feel uncomfortable, I need to identify it, and take healthy actions to resolve it.   Waiting for a person who has the traits of a serious mental illness to resolve a situation is not usually productive. 

What do you think?   What would you like to see happen in your relationship?   

'ducks

Lynn324

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2017, 06:41:35 PM »

Since she doesnt want a relationship Im not sure how to answer that. I know I want a commitment now. Her hanging out with friends to all hours of the night and me not seeing her and barely hearing frim her for days is a terrible feeling. I feel like she does this with purpose. Manipulation.  I feel like Im tested constantly.
I want her to commit, to which she cannot. Its like she leads 3 very different lives. Work life( which she claims Ill never get it)! She hangs out with all these women from work A LOT! But Im not aloud to meet them. She keeps things very hush hush on facebook, never EVER liking anything I post, but liking my friends posts. She tells me how hot her friends are at work and how they all have horrible boyfriends. She is attracted to straight women. I cant compete I feel anymore. One day youll talk to me and the next you wont. I tearing up just talking about it.  I am trying to keep myself together, but every day is acstruggle.  She knows how much she hurts me and always says this is all I can give you, Im sorry. Says she loves me and doesnt want to lose me.  She admits to being selfish. Im clearly hurting.
I want her to get help. I remember her best friend said something Ill never forget last year... ." You've met K. (Insert her last name) your life will never be the same again"!
Ive seen the love she has to give and its plentiful. But she also witholds intimacy as well.  Its all on her terms, the only way to stop adding fuel is stop this entire thing. If I can only get to why , WHY... .I feel soo stringly for her and in the past Ive been able to walk away anyone who didnt treat me right. I dont deserve this. The last time i seen her was 4 days ago and now the texting has stopped, another test of who will text first... .i feel of I text her ill be just reinforcing all of this. Am I losing my mind? Thank God fir this group! Thank you everyine for each every reply. Ive taken notevof all of them. I uearn for strength right now... .Ducks, thank you so much for all of your responses they have made this more clear.  I love her yes, very very much, but at what cost?
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2017, 07:18:00 PM »

Lynn324,

I'm so glad you have found us... .  

My heart was breaking for you as I read your posts a few times. 

You have been through a tumultuous relationship (r/s in our shorthand on these boards).

Sorting through conflicting emotions and  thinking is hard work.

I like plans.  Given that you have gone through the r/s wringer... .and you have these conflicting feelings and ideas... .I think you need an extra special plan to take care of YOU this weekend.  Push the pause button and heal a bit.

Sorting out big issues when you are worn out is rarely a good idea.

What can you do this weekend for some extra special self care?

You deserve it... .!   Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

FF

Lynn324

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2017, 07:40:51 PM »

I have not texted at all today, she hasnt either.  I guess Im done. Im worth so much more the the games that I know she keeps playing.
Tonight I m attempting grocery shopping and another netflix night. My family is now noticing the change in me and thats conceening.
The silent treament hurts. Ive done nothing wrong and yet she just goes silent. Then will accuse me of not contacting her. Im mentally exhausted that Im dreaming every night now to the point where I know what each every dreams about. I want my life back.  How do you cope with the silent treatment? Do you give in and text or just let it go? What works and what is healthy. I feel the longer I go from texting the more mad shell be, but truly she stopped texting me. What to do, what to do... .?at this point Im just letting it go. I dont wanna argue over it and I find no matter what I do... .Its a no win.  Do i call her out on it... .Just no answer... .
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2017, 08:27:41 PM »

Calling her out is NOT healthy.

Let's look big picture.  When someone "tells" you by words and actions that they don't want to talk to you... .it is best to believe them

They know themselves best.

Perhaps they know they would not be able to control themselves... .who knows.

Again...    

Be kind to yourself.   

FF

Lynn324

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2017, 09:36:42 PM »

I will not call her out on it, no worries. I m pretty sure I can't handle this anymore. Im exhausted... .In love and exhausted due too it. I guess I m really here to end it eith her, but in a constructive way. It hurts too much to donit in person.  I feel like Im giving up on her, so that's hard to deal with. My sanity at this point is in question and Im not liking what Ive become. In many ways I just let her do what she wants, when she wants which is good, but there are no boundaries here. Trying to eatablishing them I find extremely taxing. There is no reaching her I feel. She needs help and I can't do it for her, let alone keep myself whole. This breakup will be extremely difficult as Ivevinvested soo much emotionally and physically for her. Im tired, my mind is feigning for a break from all this. I know that I attract this, so stopping that may be my best recourse. I dont know myself snymore. This is not love... .This is pain at its finest. I wish I cd go back and be her friend as a child, I truly do.  Tell her that everything would be ok.  I would not wish this or any mentally ill disorder on anyone, it litterally robs you.  Maybe one day she'll seek help... .But alas it will not be when Im around. Being kind to my soul this weekend as much as I can.  AGAIN THANK YOU ALL, each and everyone of you for taking the time to counsole me during such a ricky time in my life. I wish you all peace!☺️
babyducks

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2017, 06:49:01 AM »

Hi Lynn,

I understand.   What you wrote made complete sense to me.  You have a lot going on and you sound overwhelmed.

The silent treament hurts. Ive done nothing wrong and yet she just goes silent. Then will accuse me of not contacting her. ... .  How do you cope with the silent treatment?

Yes the silent treatment does hurt.   

Excerpt
Silent Treatment: Is this intentional punishment? Abuse? Passive aggression? Manipulation? Emotional overload? Learned helplessness? The answer is complicated - it can be any and all of this.

The one thing that we can all agree on is that it is frustrating and it is destructive behavior

That's a quote from this link to another page on this forum.   Here is the link to that page.

https://bpdfamily.org/2008/07/silent-treatment-when-your-partner-acts.html

What's the best reaction to the silent treatment?   See it for what it is.  It's about their feelings and about winning control.   See it for what it is.    It's about them.   Not you.   Generally, the best reaction is to, let the person have their silence - don't retaliate (lower yourself) and don't give in (reward bad behavior). Go forward without them and let them catch up when they are ready. You aren't alone. Stay centered. Don't lose perspective.  Shopping and Netflix are good.   Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)   

I feel like Im giving up on her, so that's hard to deal with. My sanity at this point is in question and Im not liking what Ive become. In many ways I just let her do what she wants, when she wants which is good, but there are no boundaries here.

Most of us arrive here in crisis of some kind, beaten down, confused.   I did.   Shortly after I got here my partner had an episode and it disturbed me so badly I couldn't sleep for weeks and lost about 15 pounds.    When it gets this bad we all suggest a return to basics,  eating as well as you can, sleeping, getting restorative and refreshing sleep, trying for a little exercise and outdoor time.    It's taken several months of confusing and upsetting behavior for you to reach the point of exhaustion and disruption.   It's going to take a little while to work your way back out of it.   You can do it.

Do you see the side bar to the right?   Step Two - take a step backward - extract yourself for the day to day issues, create some thinking space - create some rejuvenation space ?

I would cut and paste the entire article in here but that would just be silly.   So please click on it.   Smiling (click to insert in post)

What I hear you saying is that you want emotional and intellectual space without doing more damage.  That's healthy.    Letting go of the drama and the battle, letting go of the hurt feelings and resentments will help get you the emotional space you want.   When drama, battle, hurt and resentments arise, take a deep breath, mentally step back, acknowledge this is not where you want to be.   Tell yourself you are working to do the best you can.   Find some small way to move forward.    And I mean small.   

Excerpt
For now, accept that things are not what you want them to be, that they may not be fair, and that bad things have happened. Accept that your partner has a complex disorder that is not just going to go away. This is not to say that we should agree with any of this or to say that it is OK. It's just important to surrender a bit here, let go of the drama.

What do you think?    How does all that sound to you?

'ducks

Lynn324

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2017, 08:37:47 AM »

This all sounds wonderful Ducks! Its almost been two days of no contact. She literally just stopped texting. No fight, no drama just stopped. This has happened before and she said... .You almost failed. Im like failed what? Shes like failed a test. I acted as if I didnt know what she was talking about so she would explain more. She said, you went slmost 48 hrs without any contact to me. I said well Ive been terribly busy and I also mentioned she cd of picked up the phone. Shes like yeah but I was waiting to see if you were gonna go the full 48 and had you done that, I would of had had to have a "Lynn" talk with you. Meaning a stearn talk.
So Ducks this is the second time she is doing this. She wants me to reach out snd text her, but I want to end this game/ test. It now has been 2 days and yes Im hurting... .But if I text it rewards her and makes me feel defeated. When I dont want this test/game in my life at all.  So I will continue no contact, but what happens when she finally texts or calls. Im not sure what to say anymore. I sent the last text, to which she never replied. What to say what to say... .Act like nothings wrong that I truly was busy or... .?  I just dont know.
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2017, 09:42:46 AM »

My gut says let her contact you.  :)on't overthink this.  

If you went and looked at the text record... .is the ball in your court... .or hers?

In other words... .if you asked a question and she hasn't responded... .give her space to think.

If there is an obvious question she has asked of you... .give it some thought and answer it... .but stick to the subject.

Honestly,  I'm not a fan of text for "doing" a r/s.  I try to stick to logistics on text and email.

It is much more important that you be kind to yourself... .than you sort out the "rules" of NC or silent treatment.

Guess what... .we know you pwBPD will keep changing the rules... .right?  

FF

Lynn324

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2017, 10:05:14 AM »

We were in the middle of a hey how was work coming from her and i explained. Then I said its soo cold outside and that was it... .Not a word from her since. Odd, very odd.  So yes no over thinking and I shall remain no contact.  I guess Im more afraid if she contacts me as to what to say. Trying to keep this positive but show her that is not healthy in terms shell get and not feel abandoned. Hard, very hard.
Lynn324

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2017, 10:07:31 AM »

The rules ALWAYS change... .Constantly with her. Its like in the back her mind shes saying how much will Lynn tolerate... .I should push further and see if she'll come back. At least this is how I feel she thinks.
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2017, 10:20:57 AM »

So... .just to confirm... .you texted her something... .looks like a statement, not really a question... .and she has not responded.

Correct?

FF

Lynn324

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2017, 11:59:00 AM »

No that was the last text I sent her two days ago... .In the midst of our conversation, was that it was so cold outside. And yeah it was just a statement, to which she didnt reply/ text back.   Shes been real short in her texts this week. Im not understanding because we spent a great day tigether last Monday, had a great time. So this is very confusing but at the same time not... .As she does this. She'll post on snap things shes doing like this morning.  Somehow I think Im failing her test again by not texting her. The past few weeks just have been up and down. She doesnt want a relationship she says but wants to see me still. Yet one day an ex of mine (we are fb friends) posts on my timeline and she loses it. Saying im her girl and that my ex needs to realize this.  I tols her we are just friends. Shes like yeah well if she flys here you better tell me because Ill be the first at the airport with a big surpruse.  I finally said, we are not together K.  It shouldn't matter if her and I are friends.  To which she replies, you wanna play this game then?  I said I dont want to play any games.   
Like I said the last time we were together was wuite hinestly one of the best days weve had together and now this... .
Lynn324

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2017, 12:02:21 PM »

We are going on almost two days of no contact and Im unsure what to do. Give in and say whats up ( because this is childish and so unhealthy) or continue until she comes to her senses and contacts me. ?
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2017, 12:19:31 PM »

Please leave the text alone until she texts you.  When she does... .pause for an hour or so before responding.  In fact... .might be better to post the text here and ask advice about a healthy reply.

Your goal is not to learn "exactly" what to say to each thing she may toss at you.  You goal should be to learn a new way of thinking and approaching this r/s.

Example below

Somehow I think Im failing her test again by not texting her. 

You know her tests are rigged.  You know that if she clearly laid out the rules of the test... and you passed it with 100% and got extra credit... .you know that she would flunk you in a heartbeat... and it wouldn't make sense.

Do not take her exam.  Ignore it.

Thoughts?

FF

Lynn324

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2017, 01:08:56 PM »

All her tests are rigged! I agree on not texting, even if its indefinately... . I can tell shes battling something internally but I can't help that.  We broke up last June, I left and went no contact. Two months later on my birthday she texts me.  That night she came over and we stayed up all night talking, really talking. She said shes mot good gf material. She said she was sorry for the way she treated me. She had had a horrible summer due to being hurt playing softball. That we have a connection and I agreed, though we both are unclear what it is.  Still to this stay will say she loves me and there is a connection. A few weeks back when she said she doesnt want a relationship she also said " I love you L, but you're in love with me". I dont want to hurt you. But I dont want to stop seeing you. Her inner turmoils has me sad most of the time.  When I try now to gain distance and try to live my life she thinks Im seeing someone else.  I am in love with her, that I know. I've never cheated in my life.  She asked me once... .You never cheated on your ex of 7 years, even when you werent being intimate for 4 of those"?  I said NO, it never crossed my mind.  Background on her is she was in a longterm serious relationship and she cheated on her gf once and then told her about it... .Her gf was devasted but remained. A year later... .Her gf had a guy come over and proceeded to have sex with him knowing what time K would be home. K walked in on this right in the middle of it. It has never left her mind. She doesnt trust women at all. I cant imagine the immense pain that she went through with that.  According to her bff, this girl was THE GIRL.  K couldnt stand what she did and it ended up ending.
I just wanted you all to get a bigger picture, but still what made K cheat in the first place. Now I know, that her mental instability prob played a huge roll in that.
ynwa

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2017, 01:53:20 PM »

Hey Lynn,

I'm very much sitting where you are and I know it's totally a helpless and just disorienting position. its snowing here and my plans for the day fell through.  I had to leave my phone at home and go for a walk.  It's frigging ridiculous to admit that.  While walking I realized my face was down and looking at the ground. (Partially though because I didn't want to get snow on my glasses)   but I also noticed my fists were clenched inside my gloves and jacket.  I unclenched them, took a breath and smiled. 

Both formflier and baby ducks have replied to my post, and I know what's it's like to feel pushed in one direction.  That if I don't text am i giving in, and if I do am I opening myself up to whatever the hell is going on in my BPD traits or just nothing. 

Instead I made some texts to friends.  I did laundry. For you mentioning Netflix. I suggest Gilmore Girls or this danish crime thriller called Nobel.  (Because its in danish, the subtitles require more attention. Gilmore is just great,and they do talk fast).  I do say this, knowing full well I'm just ignoring the white elephant shaped cell phone.   

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest