Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 06:54:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Im Not Sure If She (BP) Is Lying To Me  (Read 407 times)
Beardface

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: January 12, 2017, 08:49:55 AM »

I have been with my BPD girlfriend for a few months now,  and its the longest relationship I she has had for a long time.

Sex has always been a part of our relationship, but its been difficult at times, with a case of thrush that effected us both and now a issue with a skin tear. At times when we cant have sex she instantly believes I will cheat on her,  which will never happen.  I love this girl.

Spending the weekend together everything was fine. Today I am going to meet up with some friends at an event, that has been planned and paid for long before we were in each others lives, and the last 2days have been a torrent of negativity and accusations. Im gonna cheat with one of my 'slaggy' friends, I am gonna forget her,  we are over, ect. I have put my foot down and not cancelled my plans.

Today she has said that she is bleeding down there. She has still gone to work.  I have told her that she should get the day off (bleeding being a serious matter) and get it checked,  shes said no.  Now shes saying that I am a horrible boyfriend and a good one would go to the clinic with her after work (thus missing my event).

In the past she has lied about taking pills to get me to come to her. I cant tell if she lying now, I dont want to think that she is but it all seems too coincidental. 

Either way my evening is ruined because I am either going to be worried out my mind or fending off her aggression via text.

What should I do? , what can I do?

Im still learning what she is dealing with,  and feel like Im drowning in the irrationality/rationality of her outburst. I think I need help
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Naughty Nibbler

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 11:04:41 AM »

Welcome Beardface:  

I'm sorry about your situation with you partner.  You can't change her, but by setting boundaries and using certain communication skills, you can make things better for you.

Quote from: Beardface
Either way my evening is ruined because I am either going to be worried out my mind or fending off her aggression via text.

You have an opportunity to set a boundary in this situation.  If you don't, then the behavior will continue and maybe even escalate.  You could set a boundary to not be available for texting, during the event, or perhaps decide to deal with the texts in some tamed and rational manner.

To the right of this post, you will find reference to some basic tools.  A good place to start with exploring tools is to learn about boundaries and validation (or not invalidating).

In regard to the female issues, every woman is different in what is normal for them. Although, unexpected bleeding can be a sign of an issue that a doctor should evaluate, for many women it can relate to a hormonal fluctuation or in some way be connected with a method of birth control or an erratic cycle. If she is having significant bleeding (that you should be worried about and that should prevent you from going to your event), she would be heading for an emergency room and not to work.  Based on the history you provide, she is likely trying to manipulate you.  

You might find it helpful to read about, "Why Do Narcissists and Borderlines Lie So Much?" at the link below:

www.BPDcentral.com/blog/?Why-Do-Narcissists-and-Borderlines-Lie-So-Much-24

When you start enforcing boundaries, she won't likely be happy and you will have to accept some backlash from her.  If you use some validation, to affirm her feelings (not validating the invalid), it can be helpful.
livednlearned
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 11:31:29 AM »

Being BPD, she will experience extreme separation stress when someone she is attached to is in some way not there for her, so she'll do what she needs to in order to relieve that stress.

It's an act of love to set boundaries with her, otherwise you have to participate in an unrealistic merger fantasy, with neither of you having separate, autonomous, independent lives. That isn't realistic, possible, or healthy, so having boundaries (not just with this trip, with other issues, too) keeps things on an even keel. Not to mention that if you respond to clinging or needy behavior, it only activates other defensive strategies to keep you from getting too close.

There are ways to reassure her and talk to her. "I can understand why you would be concerned about bleeding. It's your health and your body. I admire you for taking care of yourself and seeing a doctor to figure out what's causing it. When I get back we can talk about what the doctor said and I will help you make any appointments you need to make."

She's trying to test where your limit is, so expect some more escalation. If you cave, she will probably do the same thing next time, so sticking to your boundary prevents her from escalation to something that is harder to ignore.

Breathe.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest