Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 12:23:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: need advice  (Read 334 times)
Not2L8

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: February 21, 2017, 09:47:38 AM »

Hello everyone. I just wanted to get some input on a 2 year relationship that just ended because of what I believe to be NPD or BPD.  His mother died when he was about 12 years old and he is not very affectionate or outwardly loving.  He has never told me in the 2 years we were together that he loves me, there are times when he disappears for longer periods of time than he says he will be out, but offers no explanation, I have caught him on online dating sites and he claims that it is just for entertainment purposes, although I know he is asking for phone numbers and dates.  He dismisses my feelings when I ask about these things and says I am a drama queen or calls me negative.  I just want to hear what some of you who are dealing with this, think about my situation. Thank you in advance for listening.
Ragnar1982

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 10:06:05 AM »

Regardless of if he is NPD or BPD, this behavior is not appropriate (the online dating thing). After two years he is with you, but is not affectionate or tells you he loves you? Not to be harsh, but maybe he is also using you for entertainment purposes. This doesn't sound good to me from the few things you shared. Please be careful with continuing to give away your feelings if they aren't reciprocated. What makes you stay?
infjEpic

Relationship status: In a new relationship

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 10:42:01 AM »

As said by Ragnar, Whether disordered or not, his actions sound v.selfish and it sounds like it's hurting you.

He may not have enough traits for a clinical definition, but that's beside the point - Not everyone with a PD is abusive, not every abusive person has a PD.

It's the abusive behaviour that matters.

Are you still in contact with him?

Not2L8

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 12:10:12 PM »

In response to Ragnar and Epic--I am actually not with him anymore. We broke up on Valentines Day because I was upset that he said he was coming over and he showed up 3 hours later after not answering my texts.  Said he was at the gym and was mad at me because "I act like I don't like it because he works out"... .I told him he was rude, selfish and unappreciative.  He works 12 hour days, does personal training and massage therapy so I should just be aware there is no time for me right?  If he cared he'd make time.  He just tries to make it out to be my fault all the time when I get upset.
Ragnar1982

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 12:16:53 PM »

I agree. If he truly cared he would want to make time to see you. It wouldn't even be a conversation you have to have. It would just happen. I've been neglected and blown off may too many times by my ex to consider ever going back. That was only part of the relationship, but you can't have a relationship with someone who doesn't make time for you. Don't be an option.
Not2L8

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 12:36:46 PM »

I agree totally.  I just wanted some unbiased input from strangers even though my friends and family have told me the same things.  I appreciate your response.  I figure he will make contact after a couple weeks which is what he has done before. I won't be a fool and fall into it again.  I was just double checking to make sure I wasn't the crazy drama queen he wants to think I am, .  I must be done because honestly I am not even really saddened by the whole thing.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest