Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 16, 2024, 04:44:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Support  (Read 398 times)
sistertrbl
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling

« on: October 16, 2017, 12:16:33 PM »

Hello World;

It has taken some time for me to come to terms with the idea that my sister may have BPD. My partner has said this for about a year (we have been together for 3.5 years). But the other day it finally just clicked. Since that time, I have done a little reading and started to talk to my partner about my frustrations and worries. This is my next step--finding a support community outside of my partner so as to not put all the brunt on her about the familial relationships that I'm always bringing home.

From everything that I have read so far (and I am only in the very beginning of researching, understanding, and coming to terms with), there is a way to take care of yourself, but it is also a very hard disorder to cope with. What makes it worse is that my sister and I have owned a business for 4 years together and this has truly taken an additional toll on our relationship, our relationship with our parents, and my emotional health.

So, here I am. I'm hoping to continue to learn and grow both personally and as a support system for my family. At this moment I can't be a support system for my sister, but perhaps eventually we can repair our relationship.

Thanks for your time reading Smiling (click to insert in post)
Woolspinner2000
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 08:41:47 PM »

Hi Sistertrbl! Welcome! 

I'm very glad that you've reached out for healthy support as you learn and discover.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post) Our online family is a great place for you to find this, and there is a lot of helpful information for you to read as well.

What types of behaviors do you see in your sibling that are especially troublesome? Are these the same things that have caused difficulties in your business interactions with her? I'm guessing that you must live close to her.

There is a helpful list to the side of our board, and I'd encourage you to read under the topic "Lessons" to find some encouragement.
I look forward to hearing more from you as you discover and learn. Please take time to read the posts of others and to comment. That's the best way to learn and grow and gain understanding.

Wools

There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.  -C.S. Lewis
HappyChappy

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 03:21:30 AM »

Hi Sistertrbl,

You are wise to come here to share the burden, as it can be difficult for one person, a partner to take all of it. People on here are keen to hear each others stories, so don't hold back.

What sorts of behaviour are troubling you the most ? Does working together in a business intensify the issues ? Managing staff in a business you own can be stressful, if they are friends or family then it can be harder still, but with BPD it must be very challenging. It must be very difficult for you. What have been your thoughts so far on resolving that ? Welcome to the forum by the way.  

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go. Wilde.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest