Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 08:37:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books most popular with members
Stop Caretaking the
Borderline or the Narcassist
Stop Walking
on Eggshells
Journey from
Abandonment to Healing
The Search for Real Self
Unmasking Personality Disorders

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Final straw -- I'm done  (Read 1781 times)
prof

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: January 22, 2018, 08:30:45 PM »

Here's a link to my thread on the Conflicted board:
https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=318439.0

TL:)R - uBPDw left last week after an argument to go stay with a friend.  I've been keeping very minimal contact.

So early this evening, uBPDw knocked on my door.  I had no idea she was coming.  Her friends had driven her, in her car (flat tire fixed) home.  She'd lost her house key, so I let her in.

She said hi to S5 for a few minutes and then came into the bedroom to talk to me.  She explained that she was home because she was sick, and that she would be staying at most a couple days.

She asked me why I had been so horrible to her by not responding to very many of her texts or picking up the phone.  She started swearing, and I asked her to stop.  She continued swearing, so I left the bedroom and went to the kitchen.

She followed me, continuing to swear, so I went back to the bedroom.  She followed me again and then shut the door behind her, blocking my exit.  She then began pushing me.   I grabbed my phone and began dialing 911, but she wrestled it away from me.

I realized that I had lost my glasses, so I went to the den to grab my spare pair.  She followed me again, and again blocked my exit and continued raging at me.  I repeatedly asked her to stop screaming, to give me back my phone, and to let me out of the room.  She refused.

A couple times, I reached for the window behind me to see if I could push the screen out and jump out.  The screen was stuck.  The second time, as uBPDw was moving to close the glass part of the window, I saw an opening and left the room.

I quickly made it out of the house and to my car.  I drove away -- in the rain with no jacket or shoes.

uBPDw still had my phone, and I had no idea what to do.  I decided to try and drive to the sheriff's office to file a report.  Problem is -- I had no idea where the sheriff's office was!  Normally I would Google Maps it, but no phone... .

I did know where police station for the nearest town is, so I went there to ask where the sheriff's office is (I live outside city limits).  They just called a deputy over to interview me there in the police station.

It turns out that my 911 call did go through, and the dispatcher heard a lot of the argument.  I overheard the deputy talk to someone about how it sounded like uBPDw was the aggressor.  So a couple deputies had already been at our house.  (I actually had passed one of their cruisers as I was driving out of my neighborhood.)

I gave a written statement and told my story to 3 different deputies.  They found a couple marks on me I honestly don't even remember getting, but they took pictures of them.  Two of the deputies suggested I file for a TPO.  The third one, who was in charge, seemed to be less on my side.  He even suggested that it was possible that I could be arrested, as uBPDw has multiple marks on her arms.  (She gets lesions from her illness, and picks them regularly due to anxiety.)

One of the deputies accompanied me back to my place, where I got my phone back, grabbed some work clothes for tomorrow, and gave S5 a big hug.  I'm spending the night in my office.

This marriage is over.  Tomorrow, I'm going to pursue that TPO and start interviewing divorce lawyers again.

formflier
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 09:32:43 PM »

Push the point that you were dialing 911 and she took the phone.

That is a crime in most states.

I'm so sorry you are going through this.  You put a ton of effort in this.

Hang in there.

FF

BeagleGirl

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 10:06:11 PM »

Prof,
    I too am very sorry that you are going through this.  It's never an easy decision to take steps that are likely to end a relationship.  I am wishing you strength and clarity as you move forward.
BeagleGirl
Jeffree

Relationship status: divorce

Encourage Mint

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 07:59:40 AM »

Prof,

I am glad you are taking this action on your own behalf.

I have to say that your story gave me flashbacks of the times my STBx would get menacing toward me. I can't believe I let it happen more than once. I would take the same measured stance with her, "Please stop doing this. Please don't key my car. Please get out of my room." But she'd keep on attacking me with whatever whacked out theories about me she had cooked up in her head.

However, after she called the cops on me to no avail "for being a passive-aggressive ass" as she said, I gave it right back to her the next time she got up in my business one night. She scattered from that like a roach from light, and I had only simulated a phone call between myself and the dispatcher.

When she came back to the house, after she figured the coast was clear, she asked if I had really called the cops. I took a screen shot of my call log and showed it to her. That shut her up for a little while.

Anyhoo, it's a rough row to hoe, innit, prof? We all reach out limit. We try to play nice, do our darnedest to make things work, protect the innocent ones, and they poop all over it, and it never gets back to the way it was.

It's an odd thing to say the least.

Hang in there, bud. It's all going to be OK.

J

"Live as if your life depended on it." ~ Werner Erhard
prof

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 10:02:21 AM »

uBPDw sent me some texts this morning saying that she's not able to take care of S5 by herself.  She also accused me of being "abusive and controlling" for what happened last night... .  (Wow, the projection!)

Part of me is jumping and up and down in excitement at what a screenshot of these texts might do for future custody hearings.  But most of me is wondering how the heck to proceed.  I definitely don't want to be alone with her again.

I responded to her in an email. (I think that's the only way I'm going to communicate from now on, so that I have a record.)  I asked if she'd returned to her friend's place, and suggested that she take S5 to school so that I could pick him up afterward.

I've scheduled consultations with two lawyers for the end of the week and am waiting to hear back from a third.  I'll probably start a thread on the family law board soon.

No word yet from the sheriff about last night.
DaddyBear77

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 10:21:15 AM »

prof, I have no idea exactly what to do here, but i can share my gut instincts

First, email is great. Writing is great. I had the same reaction to the text message. Did you get a lawyer fully engaged yet?  They would most likely be able to guide you more precisely how to collect the information you will certainly need.

Most importantly, though, I'd call the school immediately, verify that S5 is there, and make sure they understand that the agreement is for you to pick up S5 and that you will be there at xx:xx to do so. Keep him. Wherever you go, make sure he's with you and safe. My instinct is to NOT leave S5 alone with stbxw again until and unless there's a court order.

How's that TPO going? Did you pursue it?
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 10:25:59 AM »

I would encourage you to reach out directly to the sheriff... .also reach out direct to local DV "shelters" or "help agencies".

Make sure they understand you were dialing 911 and she knew that and she took phone.

In the past I've had sailors do jail time over that.  At least in some states they take that very seriously.

FF

ozmatoz

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 11:12:38 AM »

This story brings back some hard memories of the night D16 called the cops on her mother and uBPDw was arrested for DV against me.
I had the option of a TPO but I was in the middle of so much dysregulation, confusion, and fear that I ended up jumping right into the rescuer role and eventually got her case dismissed. 

I know looking back and playing the "should've" game is bad to do, but man.  That was my opportunity to go and I wasted it.  I know the feelings are incredibly raw right now.  As hard as it is keep remembering the worst part of that night and you won't waiver.  Stay strong and get through this first step.  Once there is a TPO or TRO in place everything can slow down and you can catch your breath and figure out what to do next.

Do what you can to stay safe and as others have said find a way to keep S5 with you.

good luck,
-Oz
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 12:47:12 PM »

It was also the opportunity for life consequences to happen, yet the pwBPD was "rescued" from those. 

Sort of a separate issue from the future status of the relationship.

FF

prof

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 02:05:37 PM »

Most importantly, though, I'd call the school immediately, verify that S5 is there, and make sure they understand that the agreement is for you to pick up S5 and that you will be there at xx:xx to do so. Keep him. Wherever you go, make sure he's with you and safe. My instinct is to NOT leave S5 alone with stbxw again until and unless there's a court order.

She didn't take him to school -- she has him.  Apparently the friend is no longer with her.  (Got a text from the friend asking me to call -- no sure what to do there.  I haven't responded yet)  In an email, uBPDw claimed that she has "people" helping her take care of S5.

How's that TPO going? Did you pursue it?

I have the petition filled out, but it looks like it needs notarized and I'm not going to be able to get the courthouse before it closes.  (I heard back from the third lawyer and am meeting him here very shortly.)
DaddyBear77

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 02:16:06 PM »

Again, just going on instinct here but I’d call the friend who asked you to call. Id want all the info I could get regarding S5.
prof

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2018, 09:24:32 PM »

I really liked the L I met with this afternoon and decided to go ahead and work with him.  He obviously suggested that I try and get home with S5 and get uBPDw to head back to her friends' place.

I offered to meet her in a public place to exchange S5.  Of course she refused that.  After a while, I decided to head home.  I sent her an email saying that I was coming there to put S5 to bed and hopefully get some sleep.  I asked her not to push me or block me from leaving a room.

When I got back home, the door was barricaded.  Through a window, she told me that she did this because she was insulted by my requests.  I told her to let me know when she removed the barricades, got back in my car, and drove down the street a ways to a church parking lot.

I emailed her from the parking lot, asking if I could come back and come inside the house.  She called me a few times, and only emailed to tell me to pick up my phone.  I didn't.

After a few minutes, I drove back to the house.  uBPDw and her friend met me on the porch.  The friend began with this speech about how we needed to sit down and work everything out.  I told her that, no, I wasn't going to do that right now, and that I was there to put S5 to bed and then try and get some sleep.  I went inside the house to our bedroom where S5 was watching tv.  The friend followed me and took S5 away from the bedroom, demanding that I sit down with uBPDw and talk.

This was ridiculous, so I left again.  This time, I went for a walk.  I called up a buddy of mine who knows a lot about the situation and has been divorced himself.  He recommended that I just get out of there for the night.  I needed some clothes for work tomorrow, so he suggested that I go back, tell uBPDw that I was interested in talking, but just not right now.  How about dinner tomorrow?

So I did that.  I headed back home, calmly gathered a couple days' worth of clothes, and suggested dinner tomorrow.  uBPDw's friend kept wanting to talk to me, but I ignored her.  Why is our marriage any of her business?  Then I got in my car and drove back to my office.
Aiko

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2018, 09:54:35 PM »

I'm certainly no expert so take my advice w a grain of salt, just my instincts.  Get all your clothes/belongings, get out stay out don't sleep there, ever, don't use your son as a means to stay there and give her an avenue to continue to abuse you. You've got 911 involved, police, lawyers, I can't imagine any scenario where you being anywhere close to her and her friend (now aka 'witness' to made up behavior) ends well for you. Stay away, deal with the agony, and let the courts figure out your stuff with your son. Short term pain long term gain.
That's what I'd tell you if I was you friend--- dinner? negative.
hope2727

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2018, 09:58:17 PM »

First of all you are my hero for being so calm. Well done.

1) yes email all communications and record on your phone any in person time. Take a witness if at all possible.

2) Contact that sheriff. Make yourself politely known and keep your face in front of them. Contact a local Domestic violence shelter and find out what resources they have to offer. They will have lawyers, legal advice, safe places to go and tons of knowledge about the law(s) in your area.

3) Go buy to hard covered black ledgers from your local office supply store. One is to start journalling ALL contact. Use only blue or black pen. Start every entry with the date. Then only factual records of events. Then your signature. Be detailed but keep ALL emotion out of it. Use the following 2 phrases "Wife states" - for things she says and place "quotations" around them if you can record them exactly. "Wife reports" if it is something you can't quote directly of she tells you about someone else.  Include things you  see/observe. Then record all events names places people you spoke to contact numbers etc.

Example

January 23/2018

Arrived home at 5:30 to find wife's name has baracaided door from within. Wife's friend 'name' is present inside house. 'friend's name' states she wife and I have to sit down and talk this out. I replied "whatever you replied" and advised them I would go for a drive.

Wife reports that so and so said she is going to take son to school.

And on and one and on.

Treat it like a medical chart that will be examined in a court of law by a judge. This sounds crazy and I admit its a lot of work but it was some of the best advice I had during my marriage ending. It was from an amazing lawyer. It totally saved my life in court. For one thing you can say "I would have to check my journal" and a judge will often rely on your record being more accurate than your memory.

I was also advised to start a second journal to include emails and texts chronologically by printing them then taping top and bottom with clear tape to a page and dating and signing across the tape in pen. I did the same with texts and also with all receipts from absolutely everything. This not only provided a bringing of a cost of living assessment but also a paper trail of my whereabouts. Can't accuse me of being home abusing you while I have a time and date stamped receipt fro somewhere else entered in my journal. Paper is everything once you get into the legal system.

And please please be careful. If the meddling friend insists on inserting herself ignore as best you can. If they call again maybe a very brief email stating that you are not going to involve 3rd parties with the exception of professionals.

Google BIFF responses. My lawyer and psychologist taught me that one too. IT was invaluable. You can do this. Be careful and keep posting.

Radcliff
Retired Staff

Fond memories, fella.

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2018, 11:36:46 PM »

prof,

I'm sorry for the difficult time you are having.  It sounds like you are doing very good job of putting safety first, while assertively looking out for yourself and your son.  Your actions are de-escalating situations rather than adding fuel to the fire, and you are documenting.  You are doing a great job of adapting to a situation that just started unfolding.

I really liked the L I met with this afternoon and decided to go ahead and work with him.  He obviously suggested that I try and get home with S5 and get uBPDw to head back to her friends' place.
That sounds like good advice.  You should not be separated from your son and your home because of her abuse.  Asserting your rights and responsibilities with respect to your son and your home are important.  It sounds like you made an attempt this evening that didn't work out, no worries, you used the tools you had, kept everyone safe, and avoided any actions that would make you look bad.  Score that as a victory.  Tomorrow's another day.

I offered to meet her in a public place to exchange S5.  Of course she refused that.  After a while, I decided to head home.  I sent her an email saying that I was coming there to put S5 to bed and hopefully get some sleep.  I asked her not to push me or block me from leaving a room.
Nice idea, good documentation.

When I got back home, the door was barricaded.  Through a window, she told me that she did this because she was insulted by my requests.  I told her to let me know when she removed the barricades, got back in my car, and drove down the street a ways to a church parking lot.
Nice, cool head!  This is where you could ask the sheriff to give you assistance in getting back into the house if it happens again.  Good that you played it conservatively on the first attempt, especially if you haven't gotten to know the sheriff's deputies and their policies yet.  

Talk to your lawyer and see what the suggested strategy is.  Another thing to ask about is an EPO, and "Emergency Protective Order."  :)epending on rules in your jurisdiction, you might have been able to ask the sheriff to issue one on the spot the night it happened. It depends on the rules and the attitudes of the deputies.  Perhaps an EPO is still possible.  A TPO can take a couple of days.  Your lawyer will know local conditions.

I emailed her from the parking lot, asking if I could come back and come inside the house.  She called me a few times, and only emailed to tell me to pick up my phone.  I didn't.
Nice documentation trail again, nice to avoid undocumented and potentially incendiary talk on the phone.

After a few minutes, I drove back to the house.  uBPDw and her friend met me on the porch.  The friend began with this speech about how we needed to sit down and work everything out.  I told her that, no, I wasn't going to do that right now, and that I was there to put S5 to bed and then try and get some sleep.  I went inside the house to our bedroom where S5 was watching tv.  The friend followed me and took S5 away from the bedroom, demanding that I sit down with uBPDw and talk.  This was ridiculous, so I left again.  
Good call.  Your wife's friend may have been well meaning.  But in a situation like this with a male survivor I look at how the situation would appear if you switch the genders of the participants.  Friend of male abuser prevents female victim from saying goodnight to her son and instead insists that she sit and talk to the spouse who assaulted her less that 24 hours before.  That certainly doesn't seem appropriate, and you realized that it was also not OK for you.  

This time, I went for a walk.  I called up a buddy of mine who knows a lot about the situation and has been divorced himself.  He recommended that I just get out of there for the night.  I needed some clothes for work tomorrow, so he suggested that I go back, tell uBPDw that I was interested in talking, but just not right now.  How about dinner tomorrow?
Sounds like your buddy has a cool head.  It is also excellent that you have someone you can confide in and who can support you.

So I did that.  I headed back home, calmly gathered a couple days' worth of clothes, and suggested dinner tomorrow.  uBPDw's friend kept wanting to talk to me, but I ignored her.  Why is our marriage any of her business?  Then I got in my car and drove back to my office.
What did your wife do while you did this?

Two more things to do:  First, drive to the sheriff's office, introduce yourself, and ask for advice.  This will give you another chance to read them, get advice, and be seen as the calm responsible party.  Second, get face-to-face with a local domestic violence advocate.  They can give you in person support and know the local law enforcement, judges, lawyers, etc.  There may be more than one domestic violence support organization locally.  You might want to check out more than one to see who fits you best.

What is the plan for tomorrow (Wednesday)?  :)o you have a set time to talk to your lawyer?  The next 48 hours are critical.  Hopefully you will see him moving swiftly and surely, communicating well with you.  An excellent objective would be to be in your house tomorrow night with your son, and your wife at her friends', assuming that your lawyer thinks this is achievable and wise.

What is the plan on the criminal side?  As formflier said, taking your phone away as you were calling 911 is a very big no-no.  And they have the 911 tapes.  Talk to your lawyer, but based on that alone I would think you might be able to get an Emergency Protection Order (EPO) tomorrow and have her out of the house, plus have a criminal case started.  :)o you have any idea yet if the sheriff's office is willing to pursue it?  If they drag their heels you can also talk to the DA, or ask your lawyer to do it.  When you are telling your story, not only is it compelling that she took the phone from you while you were dialing 911, but also that you felt threatened enough to escape from the home without your shoes.

How is your situation at work?  :)o you have the flexibility to be primary before and after school caregiver for your son for a while?

Let us know how things go tomorrow.  You are doing a great job so far.  Keep things safe, but lean into this with your lawyer's support.

WW
prof

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2018, 06:21:14 AM »

I'm sorry for the difficult time you are having.  It sounds like you are doing very good job of putting safety first, while assertively looking out for yourself and your son.  Your actions are de-escalating situations rather than adding fuel to the fire, and you are documenting.  You are doing a great job of adapting to a situation that just started unfolding.

Phew -- it's good to hear that I've been making some correct decisions!  Everything is so backwards from my usual behavior towards her.  It feels so strange, but also so right!

What did your wife do while you did this?

She repeatedly asked her if I still loved her and if I was leaving her.  I repeatedly answered that I was not ready to answer those questions.  Not sure if that was the best response, but I didn't want to get dragged into an argument.

What is the plan for tomorrow (Wednesday)?  :)o you have a set time to talk to your lawyer?  The next 48 hours are critical.  Hopefully you will see him moving swiftly and surely, communicating well with you.  An excellent objective would be to be in your house tomorrow night with your son, and your wife at her friends', assuming that your lawyer thinks this is achievable and wise.

I'm going to try and work.  My first class starts here in 45 minutes.  My L is going to wake up to several emails from me -- we'll see how things go.

What is the plan on the criminal side?  As formflier said, taking your phone away as you were calling 911 is a very big no-no.  And they have the 911 tapes.  Talk to your lawyer, but based on that alone I would think you might be able to get an Emergency Protection Order (EPO) tomorrow and have her out of the house, plus have a criminal case started.  :)o you have any idea yet if the sheriff's office is willing to pursue it?  If they drag their heels you can also talk to the DA, or ask your lawyer to do it.  When you are telling your story, not only is it compelling that she took the phone from you while you were dialing 911, but also that you felt threatened enough to escape from the home without your shoes.

I got a voicemail from one of the deputies from two nights ago yesterday.  It sounded like no charges would be filed or anything.  I'll definitely talk to my L about everything, especially the 911 call.

How is your situation at work?  :)o you have the flexibility to be primary before and after school caregiver for your son for a while?

It's great -- as long as I show up to teach my classes and hold some office hours, they're happy.  S5's school is just down the street from campus, so every day I drop him off, go to work, teach my classes, and then pick him up.  I am the primary caregiver and have been for most of his life.

Let us know how things go tomorrow.  You are doing a great job so far.  Keep things safe, but lean into this with your lawyer's support.

Thanks!
prof

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2018, 06:25:43 AM »

Now for some updates:

Some time after I left for my office last night, uBPDw's friend took S5 back to her place, which is a couple hours away.  The friend has been trying to get me to call her, but I haven't yet.  I'm waiting for advice from my L.

Part of me is horrified that S5 is at the friend's house (the friend is uBPDw's weed dealer).  But there are some other kids there and the friend is pretty good with him.  And it does seem to me that it would be easier for me to get custody of S5 back from the friend than it would be from uBPDw.  So again, waiting for the L to advise on how to proceed.

This morning, I got some suicidal texts from uBPDw.  I called the sheriff and asked them to do a wellness check.  She has continued to text me, which is comforting.  I haven't responded.
DaddyBear77

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2018, 06:57:51 AM »

Part of me is horrified that S5 is at the friend's house (the friend is uBPDw's weed dealer).
I don’t know if this helps or not, but my instincts as a father are also on high alert with this situation, prof. I hope your L gets back to you soon and I hope the suggestion is to do whatever is safest for your son. For example, perhaps you’re right and it’s a good opportunity to go, now, today, and get your son and not let him go anywhere else again.

Are you documenting all of this?
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2018, 06:59:42 AM »

Make sure you have recorder app on your phone and it is on whenever you are around the friend or your wife.

Might be a good idea to record you and your son, if he starts talking about mommy and conflict.

I hate to think this way, but her friend is likely disordered as well.  Two witnesses against one doesn't usually come out well for the one, unless there is objective proof.

Be careful and good job disengaging.

FF

formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2018, 07:02:59 AM »

Prof,

Get a copy of your sons birth certificate.  Make sure it is a certified copy.

Call your L ASAP... .let the receptionist know that you need to talk now.

Drive over and pick up your son.  Take Ls advice on what/how you inform local law enforcement.

You don't want anything to do with "allowing" or "ignoring" that your son is in the care of a weed dealer.

Take your Ls guidance on how you go about doing the pickup, but I would have a hard time imagining doing that without police there.

FF

formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2018, 07:04:59 AM »

I'm waiting for advice from my L.

Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Just make sure the receptionist/paralegal knows this is an urgent matter.

You may end up in a shelter or hotel for a few days.  Think about changing password on your bank account to protect your money and get flexibility.

FF

formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2018, 07:12:48 AM »

Prof,

You have been playing this cool, disengaging and making good decisions.  Keep this up.

Let's see what L says. 

What is your relationship with you bosses at work.  I'm going to think that the next few days are going to need you "on deck" to work on your family, not work.

I like the EPO.  I'm wondering if there is "enough" with suicidal texts and barricading to have your wife committed for 72 hours or something like that.  Ask L... he will know.

Big picture

1.  YOU need to have custody of your son, yet do so in a way that creates less drama.  L will help.
2.  Wife needs to be out of house soon so you can care for son in familiar surroundings.  Wife needs help stabilizing.

lesser importance.

Deputies can decide to file charges or not.  I suspect they are being wise here (from their point of view).  You and L should discuss if you should go and file charges directly with the magistrate.  I would lean towards advising you to do this, but the L would have the wisdom to understand how this action may fit in with EPOs, TPOs, custody, and potentially a mental health hold.

You have a lot on your plate.  Keep up good work.  This is big turning point for your family.

FF

flourdust

Relationship status: In the process of divorce after 12 year marriage

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2018, 10:49:18 AM »

Hi, prof. You've got a difficult situation with the question of possession and access to the house and custody of S5.

Here are a few tips I can give you from someone who has been in a situation close to yours.

1. When there is a conflict at the house with your wife - call the police. You and your wife both have the right to access to the house, but they'll try to mediate a situation to de-escalate the conflict, possibly leading to them talking her into leaving the house. Her choosing to stay away until she forced you out, her not taking S5 to school, her handing S5 off to a stranger ... .these are all good pieces of evidence to have on hand for that police call.

2. Your wife has legal standing when it comes to your house and son ... .but her weed dealer does NOT. Call the police. They will remove him from the house. They will take S5 away from him. They will file a report that shows she handed off your son to a drug dealer. Nail this ass and get him out of the picture.

prof

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2018, 02:10:46 PM »

uBPDw didn't answer the door for the first wellness check.  Her dad, who also got suicidal texts, requested one too.

Since she didn't answer for a second time, they called me to come and open the door, which I did.

She had taken a bunch of pills, but was conscious. By the time the ambulance got there, she was well enough to scream at the EMTs... .

So I have custody of the house for now!

I drove the two hours to where the friend lives, and am currently waiting for police support to retrieve S5.  I'm hoping all goes well.
empath

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2018, 02:17:52 PM »

Excerpt
Call the police. They will remove him from the house. They will take S5 away from him. They will file a report that shows she handed off your son to a drug dealer. Nail this ass and get him out of the picture.

You need official documentation that S5 is with a weed dealer - I'm sure that your L will let you know how best to get that.

I'm impressed by your 'detached contact', too.

Excerpt
So I have custody of the house for now!

Oh, my. I'm glad that you and her dad requested wellness checks for her.
DaddyBear77

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2018, 02:28:41 PM »

Sending hopeful positive thoughts for everyone involved. Please let us know how things went.
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2018, 03:47:42 PM »

Prof,

Praying for you brother!  You have done well in the storm of this thing.

Priorities seems to be in order. 

Once you get your son in your custody, please circle back around and discuss commitment papers with your wife.

That way professionals can help her chill out for few days and you can take a few days to chill with your son and perhaps consider a more long term plan.

Hang in their brother! 

FF

prof

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2018, 03:49:32 PM »

S5 is with me!  The police were very helpful.  uBPDw's friend handed him right over.
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2018, 04:14:56 PM »

S5 is with me!  The police were very helpful.  uBPDw's friend handed him right over.

Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

GaGrl
Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2018, 04:32:10 PM »

You are doing an awesome job!  I know you are probably feeling as if each of these activities is compartmentalized in separate parts of your brain right now... .":)oor #1:  Pick up S5," ":)oor #2: Call police for wellness check," etc.  However, that may be what is allowing you to stay calm and take care of it all right now.  That may not be a bad way to operate for a while longer.  It's often when we start thinking about the entire list of "stuff" that it becomes overwhelming, and the emotions begin to take over.

Keep on keeping on... .

Gagrl

(If it makes you feel better about dealing with the extinction bursts, I'll share with you that my DH (when moving out of the house he had shared with his then-wife -- uNPD/BPD) waited until she was visiting her family in Thailand.  Yes... .he waited until she was on the OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD so she didn't see him physically removing his personal belongings.  Of course, she had been arrested twice for violence against her boyfriends, so... .probably a good move on his part.)

"...what's past is prologue; what to come,
In yours and my discharge."
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest