Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 04:42:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It still hurts here and there.  (Read 335 times)
The Cat in d Hat

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: March 26, 2018, 11:14:38 AM »

She initiated NC over 60 days now. It was a great milestone, as I now have a hard time even remembering how she looks.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

I was drinking over the weekend at some point I wanted to see her social media. Ordinarily I just resist the urge, keeping up strict NC myself as well. I couldn’t get past her main page; luckily the alcohol had me so out of it I couldn’t even log in .

Today I was closing 100s of open tabs in my browser to clean up, and saw the first ever song she sent me, “Like a God’’. A song I just HAD to listen to she said. I of course did not, just briefly the first few seconds, since it was an up and coming not so known artist, and I honestly didn’t care for it and I told her that too.

I did listen to some of it today, and just picked up on some lines like “When you tore my heart, you tore that sh** apart” and “You’ll want me back”.

Seems like she had plenty of emotional baggage before I even started talking to her. Or it was just a warning . Either way it brought up some discomfort today, just wanted to write out as it felt better doing so.  Thought

The person that initially attracted me, was no more than a mirage in a mirror.

150 Days - 6.22.18
randomuser94

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 01:01:57 PM »

Glad to hear from you. It looks like you are doing more than fine.
  Almost 3 months since she broke up with me, but I've started NC recently(full NC for a week; until then we exchanged some messages like once every 3 days). Before I met her i had no problem spending time alone since I'm introvert, but now when i'm not surrounded by friends(or i'm generally alone) she crawls back into my mind. Sometimes it;s easy to get her out by just remembering one of the many things she did to me, but there are times where it's almost impossible to remove her from my head. Overall I'm doing fine but I hate it when this happens...
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest