Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 10:24:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Done with XL  (Read 720 times)
Insom

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2018, 12:11:29 PM »

Excerpt
if it is like this each time I can't and I think there is more here than hello/goodbye cycle.

What do you mean by "more here than hello/goodbye cycle?"  What do you think could be going on?

1stTimer

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2018, 12:21:20 PM »

What do you mean by "more here than hello/goodbye cycle?"  What do you think could be going on?
I just mean that I think more went on than just fear of leaving/parting. And more than fear of 'can we work out the language/distance' because clearly we can. She knows full well we are a day apart and that she at least has the resources to come back and forth at all. (her update on her flight showed her ticket, first class, that is $10k-$20k each way). She's learning english fast. I know that is an issue as she did sort of wail "The problem is language! When I return I will be fluent".

I just think there is... .something. Don't know if it is her ex. Don't know if it is rich family. But there is something else outside of us that is keeping us apart or making it hard on her and it interfered HARD. Among many clues is how, as much as she loved my flowers and note enough to take a beauty shot of her holding it, she asked me to cover it up next time and her translator friend said "she wanted to keep it secret".  The first time I tried to kiss her in her building in the rec room she pointed to the cameras. Things sort of went to pot after Shen Yun because as nice as that dinner was and clearly about introdicing me, she was whisked away by two couples who make it sort of clear, after driving me there, I should find my own way home. Nicely, very Chinese "can you find your own way home or do you need a lift?" but I got the message. Then the third couple walked with me to the subway while the other two drove her home, not before one of the couples came and invited me FOR her to spend time on Wednsday.

I might be paranoid but I think someone or someone controls her fate. I don't think her wealth is self-created. On the Wednesday dinner she cancelled because 'her friends' could not make it and when I persisted for just us two she insisted 'my friends and I can only make it for lunch'. When I broke up later on she explained that these friends were very important and had set her up on business. Meaning "they don't want me to have dinner with your or be with you without them".

And I am not discounting that her 'translator' friend who is the son of her best friend (back in China) suddenly shows up on her weChat posts 3 days before the distance started. Or that I was supposed to have dinner with him and her that same week (I got sick and could not). Or THAT he was the translator at all OR that he had to come to the dinner. Not to translate (which there was little of) but to assess.  And he's also the guy who pulled the spin on me at the end.

So I'm saying there is more here than fear of distance and language.

All this was sort of confirmed when I saw her lifestyle in her posts. Not to mention my friend saying how unhappy she looked.

Maybe I'm reaching but I've been saying her all along there is something tremendous between us and something tremendous BETWEEN us.

It is feeling very Romeo and Juliet or maybe more like Titanic. I don't mean impending tragedy I mean somehow I'm "Jack". Because despite my being Manattan born and bred and living on Cental Park West, she seems clearly to come from A Family which makes me poor trash.
Insom

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2018, 12:40:57 PM »

Would it be fair to say you believe she's experiencing some social pressure NOT to date you due to a hard-to-pinpoint class/race/cultural issue?

1stTimer

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2018, 12:45:30 PM »

Would it be fair to say you believe she's experiencing some social pressure NOT to date you due to a hard-to-pinpoint class/race/cultural issue?
Yes
flourdust

Relationship status: In the process of divorce after 12 year marriage

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2018, 12:59:48 PM »

Staff only

This post has reached the page limit and is now closed. Thank you!

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest