Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 01:19:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Communication tools for a BPD with alcohol issues.  (Read 543 times)
Tsultan

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Single for 8 mos.

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2019, 12:29:12 PM »

Supertrouper, You took the words right out of my mouth.  One day at a time. 

To keep myself from becoming lonely I have nurtured a few friendships and I also have my children, grandchildren, I work, and have a horse.  I have a pretty full life.  I cannot even imagine having my exBPD bf in my life right now.  It would create so much chaos and stress for me.  My job has become somewhat demanding at times and I have 2 sponsees from a recovery program that I am active in.  I am sure he would try to be demanding of my time and if for whatever reason I couldn't do something he wanted he would take it personally and it would be another reason for him to paint me black and leave AGAIN. 

I want to start painting again, playing my guitar and I would love to take some dancing lessons.  There is so much I want to do.  My depression is lifting.  It's going to be okay.  It will be okay for you too.

If HP (higher power) wants me to have someone in my life he will put them in my life and it will flow exactly like it should and I won't have to force it or chase after it.  I am learning to trust mt HP.  HP knows better than me anyway.

For now, I have enough and I am enough. 

RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Supertrouper

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2019, 02:01:53 PM »

Hi Tsultan, you are busy.

I kept busy today but still got waves of sadness.

I know i will be okay.  I know its early days but i have made my mind up that i dont want by BPD to come back even an inch in to my life unless he gets some help. Thats my boundary if its required.

I think my higher power has tested my resolve enough now over last five years, and with exhubby before that (he wasnt anywhere near as bad as my BPD but i think a low functioning one) i want some peace and quiet from now on.
Harri
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2019, 07:53:56 PM »

Staff only

This thread has reached the post limit and has been locked.  Feel free to start a new thread.  Thanks for participating.

"What is to give light must endure burning." ~Viktor Frankl
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest