Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 10:26:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things I couldn't have known
Supporting a Child in Therapy for Borderline Personality Disorder
Anosognosia and Getting a "Borderline" into Therapy
Am I the Cause of Borderline Personality Disorder?
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wrong Dianosis living with a monster  (Read 486 times)
Rosie1q

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« on: January 11, 2019, 03:51:00 AM »

My Dauhter was diagnosed with BPD and bi polar.She attended groups had therapy. My daughter kept saying I’m not like them in the group. She said I’ve read up on BPD and I’m not like that.Turns on my daughter has ptsd and converse abuse victim.Due  to living 12years with a verbal abusive alcoholic narcissist sociopath cheating husband who tried to convince my daughter she is mentally ill. Also tried to push her in to making a suicide attempt she lost her children her friends and now is trying to rebuild her life with help. As for the monster she put up with the police have been informed and she is getting therapy for converse abuse . As a parent we had to wait for her to say I’m done I’ve had enough and I’m getting myself off this merry go round. She looked him in the eye and told him to get out put a injunction on him. As parents it been a nightmare but I’ve never been so proud of her we all have a long way to go but at least the monster has gone.
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
wendydarling
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Mother

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 11:25:03 AM »

Hi Rosie1q

So very glad to hear from you!   You've been in my thoughts and it is wonderful to hear your DD is working it all through with support, off the merry-go-round must be such a relief for you and family. While my DD has not endured the abuse your DD has I can relate to how proud you are, her arriving at the position of helping herself and working out how she's not BPD, rather PTSD too.

Have you heard from your granddaughter?

WDx

Be kind, always and all ways ~ my BPD daughter
Feeling Better

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 01:26:29 PM »

Hi Rosie1q

Wow, I’m so glad to hear that your daughter has managed to get out of that abusive relationship, it must be a huge relief for you and your family. It’s great to hear that your daughter is now getting the right therapy. You have every right to feel so proud of her, working hard to get her life back together again. I hope you keep us posted as to her progress and don’t forget to take good care of yourself too 

FB x

If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading ~ Lao Tzu
Rosie1q

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 01:38:10 PM »

Hi Wendydarling
We did see our grand daughter after he had left.She couldn’t look my daughter in the eye. She told my daughter she was sorry that she loved her and she left due to the way my daughter was being treated her step dad.My daughter was spoiling her buying her things and passed over her belongings she had left behind. She even gave her pet budgies .My daughter explained that she had been abused and begged her to come home. Her ex husband told my daughter that your nothing but trouble and that her daughter doesn’t want to visit her or stay and he doesn’t want to co -parent with her. Since then she text her everyday to tell her she loved her. She text back she loves her too but she wants to stay with her father and she should be happy for her. My daughter text her a few lines from their favourite song do you want to build a snowman she didn’t text back. My daughter has not text her since. Over Christmas she never heard from her or new year my daughter is broken hearted and said enough. As she said she’s dammed if she does and she’s dammed if she doesn’t .She said she can’t take anymore abuse.She is now going to get on with her life make plans for the future she has enrolled in college.Her
psychologist has explained in a letter to her GP that my daughter is a victim of converse abuse on not bi-polar or BPD .She has said she will no longer be a victim of abuse. After all this she has emerged as a strong woman.We know she has a long way to go but my husband and myself are by her side.The good news her first Child who 23 is standing by her mum and tells her mum how much she loves her and she is a good mum.
Rosie1q

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 01:49:26 PM »

Dear feeling better
Thank you for your kind words I really appreciate them. I’m so proud of her she has been through hell and all the time she tried to hid it from us all.Some of the abuse was so bad it hurts to hear the truth. We are standing by her as the buddist say the journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.Once she is better then I will be able to relax and chill x
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest