Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 11:27:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I have exhaled...  (Read 406 times)
Bright Day Mom

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« on: September 15, 2018, 01:02:46 PM »

Hello BPD Fam -  

It has been some time since I've touched base and I wanted to post today to give everyone a little hope  

I am happy to say the high school years are behind us!   My girl graduated in June, started a full time fast food job and it lasted all summer!   Who would have thought this was possible?  

D18 began cosmetology school and LOVES it.  She attends Mon to Friday and some days goes to work til 2 am!  

Another interesting thing is she REDUCED her meds by 1/2 and feels better!  I really think sometimes less is more; I've started to see her comedic wit come alive and in a good way!

I am not sure how long this pattern will continue and have my eyes wide open looking for signs of a  relapse, but I wanted to share that there is hope.   After 4 years of holding my breath I have been able to exhale and it feels AMAZING.

Prayers and hope to everyone!

Bright Day Mom   
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
wendydarling
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Mother

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 03:30:25 PM »

How lovely to hear from you Bright Day Mom and to hear your good news 

I'm delighted for you, your girl graduated and has worked through summer is wonderful news, she's doing well after all you've been through these last years, staying with it. 

I can certainly relate to the amazing exhaling feeling BPM and recall reminding myself to do just that, exhale, exhale, exhale.

Is your DD still in therapy? I agree, less meds is sometimes more, my DD's psychiatrist has recently given her permission to lower or higher her dose, I'm unsure if this is a good way to go, self medicating. We'll see.

Thanks for sharing there is hope, parents here really need to hear there is.

WDx

Be kind, always and all ways ~ my BPD daughter
Yepanotherone

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 07:24:07 PM »

This is lovely news BD mom , I’m so happy that your DD is coming out the other end and winning this battle . I’m right  there with you with being cautiously optimistic though still ever so nervous that things can change at the blink of an eye .
 There is hope though that your DD can sustain this new place in her life ... .we are now looking at almost one full year on with normality having resumed . I’m slowly but surely feeling more confident now that we are almost there with being able to look back on that whole nightmare of over 2 years of absolute hell , and be able to feel we’re over the worst .my DD is off ALL meds now and hasn’t looked back . You’ve got to wonder sometimes about The legitimacy of all the medications she was on .

Kudos to you BD mom for hanging on in there when the going got as tough as tough can be xx

Bright Day Mom

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 05:07:07 PM »

WD, yep still goes to therapy.  She is now with a young male therapist (never before) therapist and she really likes him.  I've only encouraged the continued support and told her how interesting it may be to receive a male's perspective. Its now 1x every other week due to work and school schedule, but something is better than nothing!

wendydarling
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Mother

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 11:40:35 AM »

This is good news BDM, great to hear she really likes him. My DD had a male therapist, it worked well, in fact brilliantly.

And something is better than nothing. I can see 1x every other week likely to work well for my DD. She's in week 2 of a 20 week skills group refresh ~ she likes to interact with people who understand and she likes to talk! Waiting on her to find a therapist... .

Are you still running BDM? I still lie on the lounge floor when I get home from work for 10 mins silence  

Be kind, always and all ways ~ my BPD daughter
Isanni

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 08:42:26 AM »

Hi.
I'm not sure if I asked already - what live-in therapy place did you send your daughter to? We are looking for recommendations.
Thanks
FaithHopeLove
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Shaky

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 09:36:21 AM »

That is really good news ! I agree with the caution, but that is no reason not to celebrate today.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest