Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 01:48:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: He's trying to pull me back in ...  (Read 373 times)
Harlygirl

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: February 21, 2019, 02:02:49 PM »

He's trying to pull me back in ... .And I know this is a manipulation ... .So angry he sees me as something he can manipulate ... .As some weak and mindless object ... .Trying to dangle himself in front of me like a carrot on a stick ... .Reminding me of how he's new and improved ... .everything about him that I should be missing ... .that he can offer to someone else ... .Why can he still hurt me ?
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 03:30:01 PM »

what is he doing? whats going on?

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Harlygirl

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 05:00:16 PM »

Hi Once ... .He's been texting me ... .Sending me messages and updates regarding all he's been doing since I went no contact (not responding ) ... .Dr.s appointments (psychiatrist) ... .Life Coach ... .Self help books ... .Medication ... .he's been pushing for me to respond to him ... .describing himself as " funny, ambitious, not hard to look at, loving, affectionate, warm, giving " ... .all of which I've witnessed ... .What he doesn't address is how all of that gets turned off like a switch ... .in a blink of an eye ... .How he then completely devalues me and mine ... .lies to us ... .verbally abuses us ... .aggressively destroys property ... .Makes threats ... .Recklessly endangers us ... .All of which many of us here have witnessed with their own pwBPD... .And it's not that I think he is not doing what he says he's doing ... .But that I truly do not trust his motivation is to change ... .But to reinforce this facade that ultimately always crumbles and falls apart when he's under duress ... .As though working so hard to keep his false self on display ... .Just becomes too hard ... .too stressful ... .That's when he turns on me ... .
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 10:30:17 PM »

Excerpt
But that I truly do not trust his motivation is to change

many songs have been written about these desperate promises to change. certainly, actions speak a lot louder than words.

so what do you say to him when he says all of this?

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Lucky Jim

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 10:25:49 AM »

Hey Harlygirl, Let's face it: those w/BPD are experts at manipulation.  Due to my own naivete, I was highly susceptible to FOG.  It seems like you are feeling pressure, which to me is indicative of arm-twisting.  Suggest you press the pause button and listen to your gut feelings, which it sounds like you are already doing.

LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
Harlygirl

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 10:54:43 AM »

HI Lucky ... And Once ... I haven't replied ... .And I find myself blocking his texts when I feel particularly saddened or angered or hurt ... .I get the sense he's doing what he says he's doing ... .But know in my heart it's likely because he's been told it's what he should be doing ... .and people pleasing is something he's very skilled at ... .Until he can't tolerate all the internal chaos building up inside him ... .Despite going through the motions on the surface ... .I can only hope at some point ... .perhaps inadvertently as he does ... .that something clicks ... .For me ... .I want to let go ... .But sometimes end up here on this site because I'm still trying to understand if there was anything real or true about his personality ... .Who was this person I loved ... .? 
Lucky Jim

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 02:35:25 PM »

Excerpt
For me ... .I want to let go ... .But sometimes end up here on this site because I'm still trying to understand if there was anything real or true about his personality ... .Who was this person I loved ... .?

Perfect.  This is the place to do it.  I think you are wise to keep good boundaries and decline to reply.  Why stir up a hornets' nest?  Those w/BPD are skilled at putting up a good front, in my view, which can be confusing.  My BPDxW has a gregarious personality and was known as the unofficial Mayor of our small town.  Little did people imagine what "The Mayor" was really like behind closed doors!

LJ

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 05:08:24 PM »

Hi HarlyGirl,

If someone says that they’re going to change youll see it through their actions and not their words. It sounds like he’s trying to convince you which raises red flags  Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post) Good for you for not giving in.

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Harlygirl

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2019, 06:00:27 PM »

Thank you all ... I'm trying to to do what I know is right ... it seems to get harder ... There are those who see my not engaging him as cold hearted ... and abandoning ... as he does. Since I've gone no contact, he's been diagnosed with a chronic illness ... But I will try to elaborate more on a different thread...
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest