Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 10:19:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Struggling to move on, possible BPD ex?  (Read 369 times)
PhazeLh

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: April 10, 2019, 03:34:38 PM »

So I met this girl online, spoke for 3-4 days, met up, dated for 2 days and then met her grandparents, she then met my parents, things were rushed mostly by her.. I just went with it. Offically a couple after about a week... We were together for almost 2 months.

A little bit about her, her parents were never there for her, her mother was a drug addict and her father a pedophile, she lived in care homes for a short period then with her grandparents. She told me she used to self harm, that she was bi-polar, all her ex's apart from one (which she still spoke to) were all crazy/abusive. She'd dye her hair often, was very impulsive, she lied about certain things.. told my dad she was doing an open university course, (my dad had done open university for years, knows his stuff) she said she'd  been to cuba, when asked about these things she didn't really have much to say, didn't expand on any of it at all.. She's tattooed/pierced, one tattoo is apparently the first initial of one of her ex's, she has many animals, tarantulas, a millipede, a hedehog and cats, said she wanted to be an animal conservationist but didn't seem to be making any effort towards making that a reality. She told me she had polycystic ovarian syndrome and that she wanted to have a child with me when the time was right.

She broke up with me via text 3 weeks ago, we were chatting as we usually would, talking about going away for a week together when out of no where she asked if we could slow down, she started to explain that she felt as though we didn't have  "a strong friendship foundation" and for now she would just like to remain friends. I explained to her that this would be difficult for me as I had developed feelings for her, at one point I was her everything, the love her life, she would remind me daily how much she loved me. Going into the relationship... the initial dating period I wasn't the most confident guy, self esteem issues and anxiety, she knew I had these issues but liked me because I had a "good heart", she said she wanted to support me and be with me when I become the confident guy everyone knows I can be, she was so kind and supportive to begin with.

When she told me she wanted to be friends and I responded by saying it would be difficult for me to do that because of how I felt about her, she then suddenly became so distant and cold, barely responding to my messages, saying she was busy and that she'd talk later, eventually she started to give me reasons as to why she wanted to break up, I was too sexual, wanted sex all the time, didn't like being told "no".. she was a very sexual person herself, described herself as a nympho.

I continued to push on asking what happened to the kind caring girl who loved me, she never directly responded to questions like that.. "i'm busy" or she'd just tell me to ___ off... She told me she burned things which I bought her and to throw away her clothes which she left at mine.. including a pair of expensive boots, I told her I couldn't do this but eventually my mom had spoken to her and got annoyed and decided to chuck them, my ex then got upset and said the boots were sentimental because her grandad bought them for her, she told me to expect a phone call from her "family" which then changed to a letter.. havn't heard anything.

She eventually cut me off.. blocked me on everything and I haven't heard anything from her in 3 weeks. Won't lie.. it's hit me pretty hard, I think about her most days, the person she made herself out be atleast.. I miss her.

I'm certain she is BPD, there's more which makes me think she is, what does everyone think based on what i've said so far? ask me some questions i'll try to answer?
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 01:40:45 PM »

hi PhazeLh, and Welcome

thats quite a whirlwind youve been through. it sounds like things moved very quickly, and it must feel a bit like a tornado blew through and now youre left with the pieces.

things do get better, and im glad you reached out. i cant imagine how i would have made it through had i not had this place, but i did.

how are you holding up?

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 09:34:06 AM »

hows it going today PhazeLh?

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest