Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 20, 2024, 07:15:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this still active?  (Read 367 times)
Family1209
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling

« on: September 28, 2019, 01:44:00 AM »

Hi, I was wondering if this platform is still active? if there are other groups anyone can recommend that are a bit easier to use (for my mom). My youngest sister suffers of BPD and we’re reaching for all the help we can use.
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
FaithHopeLove
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Shaky

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 03:06:19 AM »

Hello. I am sorry to hear about your sister. This platform is very active as you can see by the many posts. I don't know what you mean by easier. This is as user friendly a place as I know of. Why don't you and your mom have a look around? What kind of information are you looking for.
Resiliant

Relationship status: Married. With adult child relationship can be described as loving. Cloudy with sunny breaks. High wind warning. Risk of thunderstorms but much less severe than previous. Long term forecast shows promise of sunnier days ahead

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 12:45:54 PM »

Hi Family1209,  I have been a member for a short time now, and I have learned SO much!   I try to come on the site each day and learn one more thing.  If you browse under the TIPS and TOOLS, watch some of the videos etc., I have found them to be very helpful.  The biggest thing that I have to remind myself is to read more slowly and really take it in.  Sometimes I go back and read something a second time, even a third time.  I think it's great that you are trying to help your mom, maybe you can read and discuss some articles together?    I also find that reading other people's posts and understanding that other people are dealing with such similar issues as myself has really helped me to come to terms in accepting what is.   All the best to you and your family

“Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.”

― Charles R. Swindoll
Huat

Relationship status: Estranged

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2019, 08:31:53 PM »

Hello Family1209

Let me introduce myself as one of the (much) older participants in this forum.  I certainly hope your mother can build up her confidence and get her feet wet bit-by-bit.  For sure, everything is easy...once you know how to do it. 

Tell your Mom to keep in mind that she would be totally anonymous...never using her name...never using anyone else's name.  Nothing she decides to share would be of a surprise here. 

I have said that my story pales compared to so many who pour out their hearts here...but...my story is my story...and...my hurt is my hurt.   I have been welcomed into this community and it has helped me immensely.

It warms my heart to read your post...warms my heart that your Mom has this kind of support from one of her children.  I am sure you suffer from the behaviours of your sister but to be a mother of an offspring who exhibits these behaviours can be extra heart-wrenching.  (Of course...I speak as a Mom.) 

With that said, hope you notice that there is also a section for the siblings of those who have BPD.   Check that out for yourself.

So...hopefully you can encourage your Mom to put her fingers on the keyboard.  Grammar, punctuation, brevity, wordiness, whatever...is not an issue here.  It sure can feel good to pour out one's heart then read the encouragement that soon comes from others.

Glad you are checking us out...asking questions.

Huat
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest