Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 04:35:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My BPD want to have a FWB guy for just sex  (Read 829 times)
Sodomojo
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« on: December 04, 2019, 04:42:25 PM »

Hello, my wife and I have been married for little over 3 years, when i met her she told me she was bipolar 2. Many doctor visits later and we get told she is BPD. It been a struggle as I work 13 days with 1 day off so I'm not home that much as she would like. The other night my wife broke down and told me that she needs more in the sex life department, and that she would like to have just sex with another guy but still be with me. I told her I would think about it, but deep down I cant deal with that. I know this is part of being BPD and haveing a high sex drive but i am not sure what to tell her as I'm afraid she will do it behind my back no matter what. The guy she want to have this fling with has been firends with her for 10 year they talk all the time i found out. I'm lost sad and need some advice
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Searchingforhelp

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 10:04:30 PM »

Hello, I’m. It sure that I can offer any advice but I just had to share that I am in a similar situation. My uBPD husband of 20 years has told me that he wants to leave me because I am closed, I don’t flow and mostly because he needs more sex. He just screamed at me last night that he needs my permission to go have sex with someone else and then we can stay together. I can’t tell you what to do but I’m pretty sure that I cannot handle this. I also realize that this is a pretty irrational request from my prospective.   I am curious about your  statement that a high sex drive is a characteristic of BPD. I am very new to this and had no idea that this was true. Do you know where is could read more about that aspect but f BPD?
strugglingBF

Relationship status: Dating 5 years

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 09:19:02 AM »

I am curious about the high sex drive as well.  My GF seems to be the exact opposite...little to no sex drive.  Want to make sure I am not missing something here.
SinisterComplex
Senior Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken Up

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 01:59:34 PM »

I mean no offense here and I am truly coming from a supportive place, but under no circumstances should you entertain the idea of letting your mate have a fwb relationship with someone else. First, are you kidding me? Second, have enough self-respect for yourself to realize that the behavior you are being subjected to is garbage and not acceptable at all. Do not be brainwashed into into allowing this behavior or that you did something to deserve this treatment.

To each their own...if you want to have open relationships and both parties are actually ok with it then do you. I have no qualms with people who make honest decisions and both sides are equally consenting. I pass no judgment there. However, most of the time this is not the case. Usually one of the partners is conceding against their will and not enforcing a strong boundary. 

The point is you can not let your partner walk all over you and create a they get to have their cake and eat it too scenario.

Believe me I understand all the hurt and the pain, but I propose that you ask yourself is this what you think you deserve? Do you really want to be treated this way?

If you let bpd sufferers exploit you they will. Do not put up with it. Be strong enough and willing to pull the plug and tell them to go kick rocks. Respect matters more than being liked in these scenarios.

I wish you all well and the best of luck and I sincerely hope you can find your way through the pain and torment and keep your self worth intact.

Cheers!

Through Adversity There is Redemption!
Rev
Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced and now happily remarried.

The surest way to fail is to never try.

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 03:30:38 PM »

Do you know where is could read more about that aspect but f BPD?

I'm with SINISTER MIND here - like totally.  ANYbody that wants an open relationship does not respect you. Searching for the reasons to justify this request will be like searching for a needle in a haystack.

Are you familiar with F.O.G. ?  Fear - Obligation - Guilt is a sure sign that you are under the influence of manipulation. Could that be the case here do you think?

Like SINISTER I coming from a truly supportive place.

Hang in there - do what's best for you first.

Rev
Sodomojo
Fewer than 3 Posts

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2019, 04:35:48 PM »

Thank you all for your reply I have not been for this from the very start, but part of me feel like I should allow her to do this because when we were dating I made a huge mistake and cheated on her with two other ladys. Since being married I have only been with her and never ask for others. So I feel that I have no right to say no when I made the same mistake. But I am not for this and she tells me this will help her feel better, and it dose it make me have really low self esteem.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest