Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 05:11:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our wedding anniversary is next week - Part 6  (Read 961 times)
Stillhopeful4

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2019, 11:20:32 AM »

i understand that presently, that ship may have sailed. but there are a lot of reasons going forward, you may want to try.

Yes, I think that ship has sailed.  I have tried to see things from her perspective.  I do feel her perspective is distorted.  At some point I need to stand up for myself and stop letting her manipulate me (this is what my T has told me and I agree).

It's going to be a very long holiday weekend.  My daughter is away and my boys will be with their dad for most of the weekend.  I need to focus on collecting my thoughts on how I want to proceed.  At this point I don't have many choices as I have been ghosted by her.  She's blocked me on all social media and will not reply to any texts.  I have not seen her or heard from her in over two weeks.

SH4

khibomsis

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Grieving

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2019, 09:11:32 PM »

Dear SH4, you always have choices. I am glad you are holding it together and thinking about how you got to this point. I would accept the weekend as a gift, it is your time to think about how to move forward. I understand your anger and your frustration, but also want to ask if there is any way thinking about her perspective can help you move away from this very difficult emotional space?
Anger and bitterness binds us to a person as surely as love. At least that is my understanding of trauma bonding. Compassion helps release us and though that must start at home - you deserve a lot of love for yourself at this time - it is possible to extend it to others in a way that does not make us victims.
Is it possible for you to make plans to just go out with friends and just have fun? It sounds to me like you have had enough sorrow in your life. The pastis the past, you have a lot of work ahead of you in making your peace with it. But at the end of the day the present is all you have. Fill it with pleasant memories.

I Am Redeemed
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2019, 09:34:18 PM »

Staff only

This thread has reached the posting limit and has been locked. The discussion continues here:https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=341629.0

We are more than just our stories.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest