Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 11:28:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank you for letting me vent  (Read 349 times)
Simon T.

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« on: January 22, 2020, 04:13:55 PM »

I've decided to change from improving my relationship to just tolerating it, because I have been doing all the bending and turning while my wife just wants to complain and making it impossible to relate to her due to all of her complaining. To quote her, she gets irritated with herself that she is overdoing it. She works, goes to school which she doesn't have to do, cooks, and then gets sick, because she is overdoing it. She is choosing to go to school again, just to keep herself busy.

She doesn't like how I cook, because I don't clean well enough to her standards. So, she prefers to do the cooking. Then, she complains that she has to do so much. I buy salads, do a lot of our errands, pay most of the bills. I listen to her and thank her for what she does, but she mildly says thank you to me for what I do, but it is like it is something cordial, and that's it. Then, she complains up a storm!

On top of all that, due to being older, she dreads the day that she might have to be a caregiver to me, if and when I get ill, that it is going to cause her that much more stress in her life. She said just last night that she has been a caregiver all her life, to her younger siblings, to her first family, and possibly to me.

I keep myself healthy by exercising. I teach and tutor part-time. I play intelligent games on apps. I visit with friends and family. I write books. So, the chances of me becoming a dementia patient or extremely ill are lessened considerably. Nevertheless, she complains up a storm, such as I am doing now. The difference, however, is that I have wanted this relationship, this marriage, to work like she has felt, but she doesn't now. I personally believe she is keeping her distance so that she doesn't have to be hurt with the loss of anyone else in her life.

Thank you for letting me vent!

So, I am deeply frustrated with her.
Cat Familiar
Senior Ambassador

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 09:40:51 PM »

Well, being in a relationship with a pwBPD is no picnic, but it can be made much more enjoyable. You sound like a very intelligent guy who is tiring of your wife's complaining. Understandable. No one wants to hear endless rants from their partner.

Have you seen this link about validation?

We learn these communication techniques for BPD partners to make our lives easier.

“The Four Agreements  1. Be impeccable with your word.  2. Don’t take anything personally.  3. Don’t make assumptions.  4. Always do your best. ”     ― Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest