Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 08:39:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Do You Love Them?  (Read 360 times)
paperinkart

What is your sexual orientation: Confidential
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Together (But It’s Tough Lately!)

« on: February 14, 2020, 12:03:45 PM »

Hi friends,

Sorry for a double post in one day. I’m just feeling a bit down and disheartened today. It feels like BPD plays such a big role in my relationship and sometimes I feel like an idiot for sticking around and putting up with all of this. I know I could leave and be with someone who didn’t have such a complicated brain but...it just wouldn’t be HIM, you know?

So I want to bring some positivity in here and focus on the good.

Please tell me why you love your pwBPD. What is your favourite thing(s) about them? What do they do that makes your heart sing?

I’ll start...he is the funniest person I’ve ever met. He is caring and gentle and gives the best advice when I’m feeling sad. He’s vibrant and the energy he gets when he’s inspired and excited about something is so incredible to watch and be a part of. He supports me and believes in my more than I even believe in myself.

Okay, your turn! Please please keep it positive in here- your girl needs it today! Thanks everyone  Love it! (click to insert in post)
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 05:34:40 AM »

im no longer in a relationship with someone with bpd traits, but i loved a lot of things about her.

one that comes to mind is that she was the most thoughtful gift giver ive ever met in my life. shed give you something that was so clever and thoughtful, and really said "i get you and appreciate you as a person".

im not a materialistic guy, so it wasnt about gifts per se, but id love to find that level of thoughtfulness in a future partner.

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Dungahass

Relationship status: Broken up

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 10:52:48 AM »

Hey paperinkart. For me, what I love about this girl is her keen mind. BPD aside, she's sharp and quick-witted AF. She has a way with words, so eloquent. Funny, deep, and knows just what to ask when I tell her about my personal life, or my fears, just knowing how to get past the surface. There has been a comfort in opening up and talking with her that I haven't gotten with anyone in the past. We've had countless phone convos that would last for 6-7 hours, and only exhaustion would take us away from them, only to return to another round the next day. She knows more about me than anyone before her. And like me, she's incredibly perceptive to other people's body language, which I don't see in many others.

And she has insight to last for days, into her own turmoil. She knows some things are "wrong" with her. All of the BPD traits I have talked about here but not with her, she has said them herself over the last couple years. There is a depth to her that I adore.

She's also a single mom, and even though I sometimes get confused with some decisions she makes with her 4 year old daughter, she has raised the little one on her own, and what an amazing little girl she is. So smart, and communicative. I love her as much as I love my pwBPD traits.

And of course, I find her beautiful and sexy. I've never been more attracted to anyone before. Love-tinted glasses perhaps, sure, but I do love these things about her.
khibomsis

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Grieving

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 11:23:33 AM »

The sex is mindblowing  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)
Seriously though, she is sweet and kind, smart, creative and sassy. Most of all I admire her courage. Making it through life with BPD is a hell of a thing. I mean, it is not something you ask for. Your only choice is how to handle it. I am not sure I would be able to handle it with as much commitment as she does.  Somehow out of all of it she is determined to make a great life. I find it a constant inspiration  Love it! (click to insert in post)

cosmical

Relationship status: online dating

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 02:43:58 PM »

She's impulsive... she gets these crazy off the wall ideas that she just has to follow through with. I love watching someone want something so much. It's contagious and it makes life so much more colorful.

She's incredibly thoughtful... she knows how to give the sweetest gifts and make the most romantic gestures.

She always has something insightful to say. Honestly I'm not the best conversationalist, but it flows more naturally with her than with anyone else and I forget that I'm a massive introvert.

She gives me these little "quests" all the time. Like a certain book I must read, a show I must watch, or some difficult to find item I have to track down. Makes it feel like I'm with her even when I'm not (LDR).

I'm the first person she comes to about anything. Makes me feel like I'm the most important person in her life.

Damn I miss her!

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest