Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 12:58:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update 6 months since XWBPD left  (Read 335 times)
LeftBehindGuy

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: divorced

« on: March 02, 2020, 12:40:58 PM »

Good Afternoon BPD Family,

Some of you know my story but I wanted to give folks an update on where I am 6 months since my XW UBPD split town.  Our divorce has been finalized for just over 4 months, and I have not heard from in about 3 months.  We were together 4 years and married 1.

I am still doing my own thing and trying to move on with life and take care of me.  I am still interviewing for jobs outside of the city where I live (had an interview today in fact).  I am still going out and trying to meet new people.  In fact I have gone out on dates with a few different girls since the end off last year.  I haven't really hit it off with anyone yet (I think that's normal).  One really cool lady that I went on a date with has subsequently turned into a friend, which is great. 

Another lady began exhibiting extremely toxic / abusive tendencies from the get go... I recognized this and still agreed to go out with her 2 more time (my T was not happy about this).  She was incredibly demanding and inflexible.  She hated the fact that I have a dog and the dog needs to be fed and walked multiple times a day.  When I politely told her via text that I didn't think it would work because we are looking for different things ( we only went 3 times and we never spent the night together) she erupted into a pretty nasty tirade.  The next 3 nights after 11pm I received further tirades (drunk?)  telling me how horrible I am and saying this must be why I am divorced.  I should have been better about acknowledging my gut feeling and acting on it.  If she was this awful 3 dates in (a time when most people are on their best behavior) I can only image how terrible she really gets.  I need to work on this and make better choices. 

I am still hurting a bit and sad that marriage ended so quickly and terribly, but it is slowly decreasing over time.  I am also still in shock somewhat about all the horrible things she did, the damage that was done to me and how much worse it could have gotten.  I am still in therapy and generally trying to avoid talking about my XW outside of therapy and this board these days.  On Friday, I realized that it has been so long since my XW left that I don't remember how she was on a normal daily basis.  It was a little scary but I take this as a positive step to a new phase of  healing / moving on. 

I don't have much of an urge to contact her, and I hope I never hear from her again.  It's been 3 months...so maybe that is a good sign.

I wanted to give everyone an update because I consider where I am to be very positive and the trajectory is only up from here.  Thanks for reading. 
Lucky Jim

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 10:05:51 AM »

Hey LBG, Six months is a relatively short period of time since your Ex left town, so give yourself a break.  Everyone heals at his/her own pace, so I suggest you be patient.  Going forward, I suggest you decline to spend time with women you perceive as toxic or abusive.   You already know that it's a bad idea and can affect one's self-esteem.  In the words of Admiral Farragut, damn the torpedos and full steam ahead, my friend.

LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest