Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 11:55:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What experiences with your pwBPD have made you laugh?  (Read 469 times)
Ziggiddy
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Married 10 years

« on: March 10, 2020, 12:26:58 AM »

Something I have been thinking a lot about lately is that there really are a lot of laughable moments in amongst the serious and heart wrenching ones. Especially once you are fairly sure of your amateur 'diagnosis'

I recall one with my uBPDm especially.

She liked to be babied/parented and that included demanding a lot of hugs/forgiveness/validation

Well this one time, I laid a boundary about how I would not be taking her excessive baggage/shopping/acquirements home from a trip we went on.
I have a large 4WD and we were traveling with my 2 children.
I had allotted half the cargo area to her and half to me and my 2 children saying anything that didn't fit in that space would not be packed.

After 2 shopping expeditions (in what I called Extreme Retail) she already filled all that space plus all around her feet and then some.

I drew the line. That's it. No more.

Then she  went and bought a freezer.
Yes. That's right.
A freezer.

Not a large one to be fair, but certainly much larger than I could fit in my car.

When I declined to even pick it up from the store she got really mad.
She wanted me to leave all my luggage, all my kids' luggage, her luggage and take the freezer reasoning we could come back for all our stuff the next time we made that trip.

I declined that suggestion too.

Later that evening after sulking and silent treatment and other FOG tactics I didn't give in.

For the first time her actions actually seemed funny.

She sighed and then started crying because no one loved her or took care of her. I got up and was walking towards her. She held her arms out obviously expecting to be hugged but I walked past her to get some grapes that were on the table behind her.
The look of astonishment was something I'll never forget.
 It still cracks me up years later.

Now do tell me your funny stories
Zig

Panda39

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex
Relationship status: SO and I have been together 9 years and have just moved in together this summer.

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 07:18:46 AM »

My partner and I were on our first date.  After lunch we were taking a walk and window shopping.  2 young ladies working for Planned Parenthood asked us for a donation.  My partner made one.  In part because he wanted to impress me but also because he has 2 daughters.  I thought it was a nice gesture and forgot about it.

My partner was separated and going through his divorce at the time and had to provide his financial information to his stbxw.

One day he gets a call and she wants to know if there is anything she needs to worry about.  He's like huh?  She wanted to know if he had an STD because she saw the donation to Planned Parenthood on his bank statement.  Ummmm they had not slept together for months even before the separation, he was faithful in his marriage and they were divorcing. How/when was she going to get an STD?

We have always thought of that donation as the gift that kept on giving.  Being cool (click to insert in post)

Panda39

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and just said, I just don't care" -Pink
stellaris

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 02:38:10 PM »

Becky Borderline, my aged egg donor, was in ICU a few years back, subsequent to life-saving surgery.  I had been NC for years at this point but I went to visit to be supportive to the rest of the family.  It was a very difficult thing for me, but it did bring up a lot of internal stuff that needed to be brought up, and gave me some closure on it.  That was the good part.

The funny part was - she wakes up wired to what seems like every machine the ICU possesses, and as soon as she can talk she starts going off about how the health care system shouldn't be wasting money on her, it was ridiculous, she's an old person, there are young people who need it more, blah blah.  Once upon a time, I would have gotten sucked into this entirely obvious pity play.  This time I just said...

"If you want me to pull the plug, just let me know."

The look on her face was priceless.  For the first time in my entire life, she had nothing to say.

;)

The funny part - as soon as she was awake she start

Nihil Corundum
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest