Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 05:39:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cycle number 5 over ...  (Read 423 times)
redone

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: April 05, 2020, 03:02:56 PM »

I'm new here , maybe posted once before.   Just finished another cycle that last  13 months.  Total time has been 4 years.   Each time I tell myself I know whats going on and that'll make it work.    She also started anti depressant and anti anxiety meds mid last year which seemed to smooth the bottoms.     Then as soon as we hit the new year we hit 3 times where she had complete dysregulation and  vile venom comes out that had been dormant.    "leave me , you abandoned me,  hate you,   you're a $&*$%"  Even though I've read it a lot ,  I'm realizing it's true that a black hole that cant be filled.   The closer you get the hole moves or gets bigger and swallows you.    Over what ?   I made one comment about something that happened a year ago and she percieved that I had left information out last year...now I was no longer trustworthy and the splitting started.  Hero to Zero.  I want to break this cycle because I can already tell I'm missing "the good times"  or as my therapist says the addiction.
Lucky Jim

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 10:46:54 AM »

Hey redone,  What would you like to see happen?  I'm unsure from your post.

Most of us on the Board, including me, have recycled, only to wind up in the same place, except with more pain.

We Nons like to caretake, but it's "never enough" for a pwBPD.  Trying to fill the "black hole" you describe is exhausting.

What is the right path for you, at this point?

LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
redone

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 11:13:22 AM »

I know the wise thing is to move on.    Just need help on doing.   I've tried a few times and didn't work.    I didn't date anyone after last break ups and I think that made space for her to come back.    Trying to keep busy at work to take my mind off of her.  Removing pictures ,etc.    I'm up for any advice to get out of this cycle and get a healthier relationship.
Rev
Ambassador

Relationship status: Divorced and now happily remarried.

The surest way to fail is to never try.

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 11:26:53 AM »

I know the wise thing is to move on.    Just need help on doing.   I've tried a few times and didn't work.    I didn't date anyone after last break ups and I think that made space for her to come back.    Trying to keep busy at work to take my mind off of her.  Removing pictures ,etc.    I'm up for any advice to get out of this cycle and get a healthier relationship.

Hi ,  and welcome.

Can you elaborate a little bit about the work and things you've done and tried so far?  Any intuition about what might mesh well with your personality?

Rev
redone

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 01:02:38 PM »

I can see the long term relationship would be hard on my family and friends also.  Causing distancing that would leave me unhappy.
redone

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2020, 01:04:41 PM »

Hi ,  and welcome.

Can you elaborate a little bit about the work and things you've done and tried so far?  Any intuition about what might mesh well with your personality?

Rev
Seeing therapist for 2 years and  she was opposed to be going back last 2 times.    Now I got the "I told you so" speech about being a repeatable and predictable  pattern.   Predictably unpredictable.
daze507

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2020, 05:01:44 PM »

When I read this I am happy I was not given the opportunity to be recycled because, I know I would have said yes immediately.
With what I know now, even if she comes back someday, I will just pretend I am dead.
A relationship with a BPD, even if treated is just... Not worth it and it doesn't matter how much we love them, we should love ourselves first and foremost.
Rev
Ambassador

Relationship status: Divorced and now happily remarried.

The surest way to fail is to never try.

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2020, 08:14:41 PM »

Seeing therapist for 2 years and  she was opposed to be going back last 2 times.    Now I got the "I told you so" speech about being a repeatable and predictable  pattern.   Predictably unpredictable.

Hi again,

Got your reply. You are asking for advice on how to move on - and obviously the "I told you so" from a therapist is not helpful.

That being said, it's really hard to offer clues as to what you should do if one does not get a sense of the kind of advice you got, what you have tried in the past to move on that didn't work, what you think is preventing you from leaving... like is there something that you know you are holding on to and shouldn't?  Or is there something that you are holding on to and don't know why?

This isn't a lot to go on here.

But once you let loose a little, which can be hard (it took me a lot of effort to seek the support I needed) things come faster I find and you find your resolve just a quick.

Hope you are well.

Rev
Lucky Jim

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2020, 10:46:28 AM »

Hey redone, Only you know when it's time to get off the roller coaster.  Is it time, or do you hope to get a ticket for another ride?  Maybe your family and friends see something that you don't?  In my case, it got so bad that two kind friends and a family member conducted an intervention on me.  The possibility of losing my relationships with those people was too high a price for me.  From that point on, I knew that I had to leave my BPDxW.

LJ

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2020, 10:31:14 PM »

What's the hook other than missing good times? Is there something deeper?

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest