Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 06:39:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books most popular with members
Stop Caretaking the
Borderline or the Narcassist
Stop Walking
on Eggshells
Journey from
Abandonment to Healing
The Search for Real Self
Unmasking Personality Disorders

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to reconcile "protective dishonesty" part 6  (Read 1732 times)
Notwendy

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2020, 08:09:41 AM »

Who'se job is it to manage his stress? ( *hint- it's not yours)

Sex is a form of connection. It's interesting because for me, I need the emotional connection first, but for some, the sex comes first- then the connection. I am not an expert on this, but if someone can't connect well emotionally, sex might be the closest thing to that for them. It can lead to issues if you feel you are basically a sex provider, but if sex is taken out of the relationship altogether, I think that also leads to issues. It's pretty much an expression of the core issue- communication and intimacy. Sex may be the best he can do.

When your H body shames you, it's more about him. My BPD mother started to tell me I was getting fat at puberty- the time a young girl naturally starts to fill out. She has her own issues with body image. It was complete projection. I look back at pictures of myself and I was not ever fat. Likely what your H is doing is projecting his own poor self image onto you. You don't have to buy into it no matter what size you are or what you are wearing.

I have friends who don't have perfect bodies, but they are confident and look lovely. I think confidence and self acceptance is a part of being attractive no matter what size someone is.

I think you have every right to not be criticized for how you look- not by him, not by anyone. There's no positive function of this. It's mean, it's destructive. Also during this pandemic, a lot of people are getting out of shape, wearing sweat pants at home. This isn't a good thing but less activity, no access to working out. We need to not let this get out of hand, but also, this is a time to be kind to ourselves and to each other. Everyone's hair has grown out, we have roots showing if we color ours. Hardly any one is looking their best right now.

Try to eat healthy, get outside while you can, or learn a home work out, but this is your choice. It's hard to resist telling him to just shut up, but I'd say nothing to him when he starts. Your part is to believe you don't deserve this.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 08:18:04 AM by Notwendy » Logged
formflier
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2020, 08:11:05 AM »

A lot of information there..that's good..its' ok.  This is a great place to let it all out.

I'll try to sum it up.

You, on some level, expect him to be consistent.  As in either divorce or stay married.

Get yourself another cup of coffee and some of that wonderful baking (yes...I'm angling for a sample, D14 has been baking a lot lately, so I assure you I'm reliable food taster!) and think about what the impact of my observation is.

Virtual hug (click to insert in post) Virtual hug (click to insert in post) Virtual hug (click to insert in post)

Best,

FF

Cat Familiar
Senior Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2020, 12:03:12 PM »

Staff only This thread has reached its maximum length and is now locked. The conversation continues here: https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=344802.0

“The Four Agreements  1. Be impeccable with your word.  2. Don’t take anything personally.  3. Don’t make assumptions.  4. Always do your best. ”     ― Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest